Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

I Can`t see Diamond Suite Upgrade for Future Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum

I called the "Diamond Desk" and requested one of my suite upgrade certs be attached to a future stay at the Park Hyatt Aviara, where I have a Park King. She put me on hold, and after several minutes since she said she to call the hotel, she returned to tell me I now had the Park Suite. I checked my account and it showed that I had one less suite upgrade cert available. But when I checked my reservation on hyatt.com, it still showed a Park King. After a week and with it still indicating the original room I reserved, I called the "Diamond Desk" again. I was told that indeed I had a Park Suite using an upgrade cert. I said I couldn`t see this on the website and asked for her to send me an email indicating the revised reservation. After I hung up, I checked and she did send me an email, but it still showed the regular room. Why send out a confirmation with an incorrect accommodation reservation? So I called the hotel and they told me that I am booked in a Park Suite using an upgrade. But when I check my reservation, it still shows I`m in a regular king room; when I click on the line 'show my custom upgrade", it shows I`m in a regular king and I can upgrade to a suite for $80 rather than $200!

I just don`t understand this. Hyatt has no problem showing I`ve used a Diamond Suite Upgrade award, but they are incapable of showing me a correct accommodation reservation. And the very idea of having an agent tell me that she sees a certain type of room I`m booked in, and then she sends out the reservation confirmation when it is wrong along with the website - I`m astounded. How can you trust what you are told and how can you trust the website? I`m a top elite in Hilton and Marriott, and the Hyatt website and incorrect emails make Hyatt far inferior to these other two chains in this one regard. I like Hyatt in many ways ,but this is just very poor.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:45 am

What I would do is contact the property's reservations department directly to verify that the upgrade has been applied, and ask them for email confirmation. I always prefer to have access to a confirmation email in the event of a problem, particularly if an upgrade has been confirmed before arrival.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:46 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by HookEm
I called the "Diamond Desk" and requested one of my suite upgrade certs be attached to a future stay at the Park Hyatt Aviara, where I have a Park King. She put me on hold, and after several minutes since she said she to call the hotel, she returned to tell me I now had the Park Suite. I checked my account and it showed that I had one less suite upgrade cert available. But when I checked my reservation on hyatt.com, it still showed a Park King. After a week and with it still indicating the original room I reserved, I called the "Diamond Desk" again. I was told that indeed I had a Park Suite using an upgrade cert. I said I couldn`t see this on the website and asked for her to send me an email indicating the revised reservation. After I hung up, I checked and she did send me an email, but it still showed the regular room. Why send out a confirmation with an incorrect accommodation reservation? So I called the hotel and they told me that I am booked in a Park Suite using an upgrade. But when I check my reservation, it still shows I`m in a regular king room; when I click on the line 'show my custom upgrade", it shows I`m in a regular king and I can upgrade to a suite for $80 rather than $200!

I just don`t understand this. Hyatt has no problem showing I`ve used a Diamond Suite Upgrade award, but they are incapable of showing me a correct accommodation reservation. And the very idea of having an agent tell me that she sees a certain type of room I`m booked in, and then she sends out the reservation confirmation when it is wrong along with the website - I`m astounded. How can you trust what you are told and how can you trust the website? I`m a top elite in Hilton and Marriott, and the Hyatt website and incorrect emails make Hyatt far inferior to these other two chains in this one regard. I like Hyatt in many ways ,but this is just very poor.
Hi HookEm,

The reservation email that you receive will show the standard room type that you originally booked. The hotel blocks you in the suite through their system directly. When you receive your confirmation email you will notice in the cancellation field were it would typically list the cancellation policy "Diamond Suite Upgrade Confirmed"

If you do not show this listed on the email confirmation you received I will be happy to resend the email for you.

Safe Travels,

Brock S.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi HookEm,

The reservation email that you receive will show the standard room type that you originally booked. The hotel blocks you in the suite through their system directly. When you receive your confirmation email you will notice in the cancellation field were it would typically list the cancellation policy "Diamond Suite Upgrade Confirmed"

If you do not show this listed on the email confirmation you received I will be happy to resend the email for you.

Safe Travels,

Brock S.

Thank you for responding to my lament. I see now what you indicated.

Nevertheless, I still make a valid point. While the email sent me shows the suite upgrade, the reservation detail of my account at hyatt.com does not indicate this upgrade. Furthermore, if I click on the "show my custom upgrade" item of the email which you reference, it says I can have the suite upgrade if I pay extra even though the email itself indicated it is already included in the reservation. Obviously, an improvement is called for on your site and emails that are sent.

Regardless, thanks again.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:54 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
At some properties, you will see the upgraded room type, some the standard booked, and some will have 'DIAMON SUITE CONFIRMED' in the reservation notes. It varies.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:21 am

Seems Hyatt made some changes in their system... we had an similar thing with an upgrade at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi:

A few weeks ago i used an cert for an upgrade and a few days afterwards it showed in "MyGoldpassport" the upgrade to the suite within the "price details". Since a few days, checked this reservation again, it shows only a standard room instead of the Park Suite. I called the Hotline and they confirmed my upgrade as they did with yours...

After a while we found out that it's possible to see the upgraded room via the regular site. You have to go to reservations --> Modify/Cancel an existing Reservation and put the details of the booking in.

Result: booking with the upgraded room

Via Goldpassport actually only the original booking will be displayed...
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Skydiver78
Seems Hyatt made some changes in their system... we had an similar thing with an upgrade at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi:

A few weeks ago i used an cert for an upgrade and a few days afterwards it showed in "MyGoldpassport" the upgrade to the suite within the "price details". Since a few days, checked this reservation again, it shows only a standard room instead of the Park Suite. I called the Hotline and they confirmed my upgrade as they did with yours...

After a while we found out that it's possible to see the upgraded room via the regular site. You have to go to reservations --> Modify/Cancel an existing Reservation and put the details of the booking in.

Result: booking with the upgraded room

Via Goldpassport actually only the original booking will be displayed...
Exactly the same view as the one when you click modify on your reservation list. And, again, for some properties, the confirmed suite will the room type displayed, while for other properties the original room will still be displayed.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
yes depends with the property I'm using a suite upgrade at Hyatt Regency Waikiki and Grand Cypress and both reservation now indicate a suite... BUT in the past most of my suite upgrades have only been indicated on the confirmation email.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
At some properties, you will see the upgraded room type, some the standard booked, and some will have 'DIAMON SUITE CONFIRMED' in the reservation notes. It varies.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:51 am

I have two different views (GP vs. Landing page) showing different room types for the identical booking... in my case it doesn't depends on the property (same with another booking i upgraded)

Goldpassport:

Landingpage:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.