Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

CRM Fail - When "Surprised & Delighted" turns into "Dissed & Avoiding"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRM Fail - When "Surprised & Delighted" turns into "Dissed & Avoiding"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I think part of the general feeling of disappointment is because Hyatt used to have good promos available to all.

It now has mediocre (at best) promos and some add-on promos, available only to a small group.

That change is what I think is causing me to rethink my loyalty.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Markie
I think part of the general feeling of disappointment is because Hyatt used to have good promos available to all.

It now has mediocre (at best) promos and some add-on promos, available only to a small group.

Better late than never...

Quite a lot of customers based in Europe have jumped ship already, but considering that you are some kind of captain here, I do think it is appropriate to leave last...

The original post by soonerfanatic is a fitting summary, even loyal customers are long gone and the truly loyal ones are also leaving.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir

It reaffirms the choice of those who have already left, that's for sure.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hyatt's approach to promos hasn't helped the company retain my business in the way that otherwise would have happened. I shop around way more now than I would have if Hyatt were to have open promos that benefited me. The kind of "stay less, get a better promo" doesn't float my boat; nor does the "surprise and delighted" handouts as it doesn't really work with knowing what you are getting out when getting in.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would buy little bags of M&M candies. She'd hand a separate bag to me and each of my brothers. My older brother would painstakingly count the M&M's in each sack of candy. If his own sack of M&M's had fewer candies than anyone else's sack, he'd pitch a hissy fit.

I wonder if my older brother grew up and is somehow posting in this thread today.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No... But the brothers who didn't get any bag probably are.....
Old Jul 2, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would buy little bags of M&M candies. She'd hand a separate bag to me and each of my brothers. My older brother would painstakingly count the M&M's in each sack of candy. If his own sack of M&M's had fewer candies than anyone else's sack, he'd pitch a hissy fit.

I wonder if my older brother grew up and is somehow posting in this thread today.
Were you both paying her to be your mother?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:47 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy

+1 ^
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:40 pm

Whoever came up with these targeted marketing at Hyatt needs to be fired.
I'm guessing these targeted promos piss off far more non targeted members to a higher degree than attracting the few targeted that got the bonus.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by mainbill
I'm guessing these targeted promos piss off far more non targeted members to a higher degree than attracting the few targeted that got the bonus.
Do you think most non-FT non-targetted members of Gold Passport even know about these in order to become annoyed?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Do you think most non-FT non-targetted members of Gold Passport even know about these in order to become annoyed?
Being adverse to most social media and disdaining to even possess a cell phone, FT is pretty much my only source of such info, but I wonder if others have not posted about it on Facebook, Twitter, etc. So off course you're correct in saying that the unconnected or uninterested non-targeted members are certainly not annoyed. In the days of snail mail this type of promo would have made complete sense, but certainly to a lesser (whether much lesser or only slightly lesser I have no idea) degree today.

BTW, did you mention it on your blog?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I think Hyatt doesn't mind getting rid of the incentive driven crowd that wants to earn Diamond status by staying 25 times at Hyatt Places and demands 25 free nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo in return. Even if you are not good at maths you might figure out that's not an attractive proposition for Hyatt to begin with.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Although I love deals, incentives and specials, I can't blame them.

In my business I am on the other side of the table and I prefer to sell a great product at a good margin which allows me to provide superior service.

I can still offer small thank yous and surprises to clients (ie. targeted offers) however I don't build my business model on them.

My observation is promos and discounts are often offered to compensate for product shortcomings, lack of demand or in lieu of a marketing program.

If Hyatt can make it work without constant promos (ie. discounting) while still offering great products, services and amenities, then more power to them.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Very disappointed that we did not get one of the targeted offers - at 39 nights so far ytd.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by mainbill
Companies, not just Hyatt, are always looking for ways to (re)connect with customers. There is often a number of criteria involved in how they select their demographic so it's not as cut and dry as, "I have 0 stays since January," or whatever. If you didn't get an offer, it just means you didn't fit the criteria for this specific campaign. No need to get upset. Eventually you will fit the criteria for another targeted offer.

As OsakaWino pointed out, social media plays a huge role in the sharing of information. If people didn't post about targeted offers on the internet, none of us would ever know about it and no one would be pissed off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.