Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Calendar Format Reset

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Booking Calendar Format Reset

Thanks Hyatt IT - I just see that the calendar on the website is now format in the Sun-Sat format. The Mon-Sun format that was up previously was problematic. I nearly booked the wrong dates on a couple of reservations.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:17 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:20 am
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
You can't please everyone... but considering the size of Hyatt's North American footprint, vs. their footprint elsewhere, this was the right move to make.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Don't know what IT outfits do for the rest of the world. All other service providers I sign on to use the Sun-Sat format. Hyatt was certainly odd man out from my perspective and getting fewer looks because of it.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
glad I saw this thread, cause I screwed up on a booking this
morning with the new new format. Apparently my mind had
already adjusted to the awkward format.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:59 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thank you for returning to the old format.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Thanks Hyatt IT - I just see that the calendar on the website is now format in the Sun-Sat format. The Mon-Sun format that was up previously was problematic. I nearly booked the wrong dates on a couple of reservations.
I've booked or very nearly booked the wrong dates 3 or 4 times since the original change was made a while back. Fortunately I caught it early enough in each case.

I'm glad they've changed it back so that it matches the other hotel chains I utilize.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I've booked or very nearly booked the wrong dates 3 or 4 times since the original change was made a while back. Fortunately I caught it early enough in each case.

I'm glad they've changed it back so that it matches the other hotel chains I utilize.
Ditto ^
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by angatol
Good to know it's now in US format. Never mind the rest of the world, there's nobody out there surely?
While Japan is not uniform (my wife insists in buying only pocket calendars with the Mon-Sun format), the Sun-Sat format is the very predominantly the most common.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dw
You can't please everyone... but considering the size of Hyatt's North American footprint, vs. their footprint elsewhere, this was the right move to make.
I guess you could say that if you think that Hyatt Place is equivalent to Park Hyatt.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:29 am
dw

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I would not be surprised if people were accidentally booking the wrong dates w/ non-cancellable rates and calling in to complain/ask to get the dates changed.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:31 am
dw

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I guess you could say that if you think that Hyatt Place is equivalent to Park Hyatt.
Well, footprint refers to a numerical presence (i.e. number of properties), not the quality of such presence
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by dw
Well, footprint refers to a numerical presence (i.e. number of properties), not the quality of such presence
source of the def? Maybe the "out of the blue" dictionary?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:30 am
dw

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
source of the def? Maybe the "out of the blue" dictionary?
Don't think the snark is necessary... but since this really isn't the topic of this thread I'll refrain from any further discussion
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Don't think the snark is necessary... but since this really isn't the topic of this thread I'll refrain from any further discussion
I guess the snark was out of line. I apologize if my comment seemed directed at you personally. Sometimes late at night snarky comments come to mind more easily than intelligent ones.

But it always irks me to hear comments equivalent to "the US (or the US market, US customer base, etc.) is more important the the rest of the world combined!!!", a statement with which I vehemently disagree. I imagine that you did not intend to insinuate that, but I just seemed to hear it that way.

As far as the calendar change, I really don't care one way or another, the confirmation page has always been quite clear with the day of the week, etc.

I think the deciding parameter should be the Hyatt.com user base. If most of the users of the Hyatt.com reservation site live in countries using Sun-Sat, regardless of where the properties are located, then would not that be the best format for the site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.