Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Suite upgrade not honored after being confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suite upgrade not honored after being confirmed

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyersky1
All the communications, except the email I received from the FDM, were with the Diamond line. That is, I called the DM line about 2 months ago to upgrade, upgrade was pulled, called the next day to confirm, called a week ago to reconfirm and was reassured upgrade went through, they even told me the name of the manager who did it. Unfortunately, I don't have a confirmation email for the suite, just for the reservation. That's why I called 3 times to make sure. From the email of the FDM that came a day after my third call, the mistake was made by the front desk agent who took the request from the DM line. Now all the rooms and suites are sold out. I already emailed GP to inform them of the case.
Are you sure you don't have a written confirmation? If it was noted in the online reservation in your GP account at hyatt.com, the hotel has probably changed it, most likely before the hotel contacted you, but did you ever print a copy before then? More importantly, did you get an email confirmation? I tend to make the reservation and cnfirm the upgrade in the same phone call. On the
email confirmation, if I click to download the entire message, there's a line confirming the upgrade, IIRC just below the cancellation deadline. It's hidden, as is the confirmation line from the Hyatt website.

When you first confirmed the upgrade and the next day when you called again to check, the Diamond agent should have sent you an email confirmation as SOP. I assume that if you look at your GP account, you can see the Diamond suite cert being deducted; this might be your best written proof that the upgrade was confirmed. However, it sounds like the hotel's email to you doesn't deny that one of their employees confirmed the upgrade. The fact that the employee may have done this incorrectly is not your problem. It might help to know that person's name, especially if he/she really is/was a manager.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About 2 months ago I made a reservation for 3 nights at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe. I called immediately to confirm a suite upgrade. The upgrade was confirmed right away, and an upgrade certificate was pulled out of my account. The next day I called again to double check that it all went through and I was assured that it did. 4 days ago, I called again to triple check and I was assured again that I had the suite. Yesterday, I received an email from the FDM, who informed me that the front desk agent who approved the upgrade did not take the appropriate steps, and all the suites were already booked. Do you have any experience with how to deal with this issue and if there is any chance for a positive resolution? Thanks.
Is there space in cottages or vacation club next door?
Old May 6, 2013, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
There was no email confirmation mentioning the suite, that's why I called to confirm. I booked the reservation online and then called the DM line to confirm the upgrade. The upgrade was deducted right away.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure you don't have a written confirmation? If it was noted in the online reservation in your GP account at hyatt.com, the hotel has probably changed it, most likely before the hotel contacted you, but did you ever print a copy before then? More importantly, did you get an email confirmation? I tend to make the reservation and cnfirm the upgrade in the same phone call. On the
email confirmation, if I click to download the entire message, there's a line confirming the upgrade, IIRC just below the cancellation deadline. It's hidden, as is the confirmation line from the Hyatt website.

When you first confirmed the upgrade and the next day when you called again to check, the Diamond agent should have sent you an email confirmation as SOP. I assume that if you look at your GP account, you can see the Diamond suite cert being deducted; this might be your best written proof that the upgrade was confirmed. However, it sounds like the hotel's email to you doesn't deny that one of their employees confirmed the upgrade. The fact that the employee may have done this incorrectly is not your problem. It might help to know that person's name, especially if he/she really is/was a manager.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

I just received a reply to the email I sent to GP CS. They apologized for the mix up and after talking to another FDM said that the suite will be saved for me. I don't know how they managed to work it out. They also awarded me extra GP points for the inconvenience. All in all, I'm happy and impressed by the prompt and successful resolution.

Last edited by flyersky1; May 6, 2013 at 4:25 pm
Old May 6, 2013, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just received a reply to the email I sent to GP CS. They apologized for the mix up and after talking to another FDM said that the suite will be saved for me. I don't know how they managed to work it out. They also awarded me extra GP points for the inconvenience. All in all, I'm happy and impressed by the prompt and successful resolution.
Please be sure to report back aftr your stay. Let's hope the hotel treats you really well.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Glad it's worked out for you.

You know what's really stupid though, the fact that for domestic properties Hyatt doesn't send you a confirmation email that mentions the suite upgrade. Apparently the properties only block the room for you but there's no way of mentioning it in an email, at least that's what I've been told. Why is this? All international properties are able to send an email showing the exact suite you are getting as a result of the upgrade. Sort it out!
Old May 7, 2013, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please be sure to report back aftr your stay. Let's hope the hotel treats you really well.
I will.

Originally Posted by crystak
Glad it's worked out for you.

You know what's really stupid though, the fact that for domestic properties Hyatt doesn't send you a confirmation email that mentions the suite upgrade. Apparently the properties only block the room for you but there's no way of mentioning it in an email, at least that's what I've been told. Why is this? All international properties are able to send an email showing the exact suite you are getting as a result of the upgrade. Sort it out!
They do. Usually I get those emails even for US properties. When I didn't receive it for this property I got suspicious and called to verify. They told me that sometimes it is sent, sometimes not. I guess, in my case not sending it indicated a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.