Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place ATL - North or South?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

There are 2 Hyatt Place listings for the ATL airport area. One is coded as "North" and the other as "South. "

Here's my question -- other than a small price difference between the two, are there any other significant differences I should take into consideration?

This is only for an airport night needed for a flight departing on the following day -- not for any business in the area. I'd be looking for an airport shuttle service and the usual HP amenities (breakfast, etc.).

Input and comments would be appreciated!
Old May 4, 2013, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
If you're just looking for a place to crash, both are about equal. The south one is closer to some runways so might have some more noise while the north one is north of the field and doesn't have as much runway noise.

I'd honestly go with whatever's the cheaper option though.
Old May 4, 2013, 6:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I just stayed at the South location last night. I've stayed multiple times at both properties.

I prefer the South location by a LONG shot. It's easier to get to and from the airport, less overall hassle than the North property and I just think it's a better-run property. I do find that the normal rooms in the South property are a bit smallish (compared to most HPs). Still, every time I have the choice, I always choose the South one.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:57 pm

The south property is marginally closer to the rental car center if that is important to you.
Old May 6, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your input.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One is within walking distance of DL headquarters, museum (now closed for renovations) and training faciities. The other one will not even permit their shuttle to drop you off at DL (versus the nearby Westin/Sheraton, which will) and DL is not walkable from the terminal.

The hotels themselves seem equivalent, so I would decide on price if location next to the DL campus doesn't matter.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm Reason: typo
Old May 6, 2013, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
One is within wlking distance of DL headquarters, museum (now closed for renovations) and training faciities. The other one will not even permit their shuttle to drop you off at DL (versus the nearby Westin/Sheraton, which will) and DL is not walkable from the terminal.

The hotels themselves seem equivalent, so I would decide on price if location next to the DL campus doesn't matter.
I'll be flying in on AS and only need a hotel for a one night stay in between my flights.

It sounds like both HP locations offer shuttle service between ATL and the respective hotel. Other factors (rental car locations, DL headquarters) are moot for this particular stay.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
I'll be flying in on AS and only need a hotel for a one night stay in between my flights.

It sounds like both HP locations offer shuttle service between ATL and the respective hotel. Other factors (rental car locations, DL headquarters) are moot for this particular stay.
Both HP Shuttles run on the half hour. The HP South one is shared with a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn (all right next to each other); the HP North is a dedicated shuttle.

The HP South is the second of the three hotels the shuttle stops at.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862
Both HP Shuttles run on the half hour. The HP South one is shared with a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn (all right next to each other); the HP North is a dedicated shuttle.

Thanks again for your helpful input, mersk862.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mersk862

Does HP North still have a dedicated shuttle? Trying to find the fastest way to/from the hotel as I only have about 6 hours sleeping time.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does HP North still have a dedicated shuttle? Trying to find the fastest way to/from the hotel as I only have about 6 hours sleeping time.
I know this is an older post but the answer as of October 2019 is "yes."

WX-related delays resulted in me flying into a missed connection in ATL and a forced overnight stay. I did a quick search while on my flight and found that the North had a cheaper rate than the South, so booked that. Luckily, the shuttle was pulling into the pickup area when I arrived, so I didn't have to wait long. I used the mobile app to check in, get a mobile key, and check-out; it was all very easy. I left before breakfast so have no comment there. Overall, it was a fine option for a brief overnight stay and much better than the properties Delta was offering under a distressed passenger rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.