Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Promotion - Summer 2013 (Speculation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 2:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

Hello you Hyatt Concierge! Is there any promotion planned for this summer? I need to book some hotel rooms (my three SPG rooms per date are already booked). So what do Hyatt have to offer?
Old May 4, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
given your past threads, Im sure you will be disappointed....
Old May 4, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Ah... smart people, smart questions...
Old May 4, 2013, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_modern
given your past threads, Im sure you will be disappointed....
You know! I hope it won't be again such a wishi washi "promotion"! Real benefits for real customers is what we need!
Old May 4, 2013, 8:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why do you even bother asking...? It will be revealed when they are ready, and you will surely be disappointed (again).
Old May 4, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Hopefully the results for the past quarter will lead to a good promotion. I doubt it will be a free night promotion as we all hope for, but maybe something that at least provides some incentive to book an unnecessary extra night.
Old May 4, 2013, 11:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Don't count on it..... There's no incentive since the competition has nothing decent as well.
Old May 4, 2013, 2:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by price123
Hopefully the results for the past quarter will lead to a good promotion. I doubt it will be a free night promotion as we all hope for, but maybe something that at least provides some incentive to book an unnecessary extra night.
My feeling is that the free night promotions have gone forever - unless economical situation worsens extremely. Not only for Hyatt but also for other programs seems that to be the case.

Needless to say that we would also accept double stay count!
Old May 5, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
It's a reasonable question.

I try to focus by business of whichever chain is offering the biggest bang for the buck.

In Feb-April I was in Seattle a lot, and could choose virtually any chain.

I was originally planning to give all my business to Hilton at a fantastic Homewood Suites by the Convention Center, plus 1K bonus points per night weekdays and 2K weekends. They then announced their MEGA-UBER-SUPER devaluation, and I immediately said goodbye HH.

Hyatt had nothing in February, whereas Marriott's Megabonus covered Feb-April.

Guess what?

Marriott got 25 nights from me as I earned over 100K points.

Hyatt got 3 nights from me in April, as I earned maybe 5K points.

So loyalty executives who believe they can take our business for granted should probably think again....
Old May 5, 2013, 1:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelexpert

I try to focus by business of whichever chain is offering the biggest bang for the buck.

I was originally planning to give all my business to Hilton at a fantastic Homewood Suites by the Convention Center, plus 1K bonus points per night weekdays and 2K weekends. They then announced their MEGA-UBER-SUPER devaluation, and I immediately said goodbye HH.

Guess what?

So loyalty executives who believe they can take our business for granted should probably think again....

Oh, that's funny. Hilton was my number one for several years. When SPG introduced the lifetime status things changed suddenly. When Hilton announced the MEGA-UEBER-DEVALUATION I did the same thing like you: I said bye bye to Hilton. Since then, I spent only three nights in Hilton hotels.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I think it's fair to assume that the promotion will be slightly less impressive than last year's, with next year's being slightly less impressive than this year's, and that that trend will continue until they stop making more money each year.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
I'd be happy with a repeat of last summer's 5X air mile bonus. I cleaned house with that one.

The fall bonus was a bit of a snoozer.. 10k points per 5 nights.. Meh...
Old May 8, 2013, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by travelexpert

Guess what?

Once Hyatt started, it's been 3,000 points every third night IIRC.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
(*looks into crystal ball*) Aha! I see it now... the promotion will be called...

SNOOZEFEST 2013!
Old May 10, 2013, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
(*looks into crystal ball*) Aha! I see it now... the promotion will be called...

SNOOZEFEST 2013!
Unfortunately, not only SNOOZEFEST 2013, more like 2014, 2015, 2016 as well.

We are not really sure, if we should just feel sorry with those poor souls still hanging around the Hyatt forum or if it is okay to make fun of them, kinda like 'didn't we tell you before?'

At least in my case, it is amazing to see how much (former) Hyatt money is going the SPG way now, even Marriott (!) has another FFN Lite coming up that beats everything Hyatt has come up this decade...

Anyway, keep counting until you reach 50 @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.