Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Suite Upgrade Denied Despite Available Inventory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Suite Upgrade Denied Despite Available Inventory

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I'd prefer that HGP simply give use suite-upgrade equivalent points, so the hotel doesn't feel cheated.

The scenario could be a Diamond books a suite, and gets a 10k per night bonus for paying the suite in cash ...

If inventory is available we can simply use points to books suite - 22k and 33k are the 'price points' I'm aware of (is it usually 50% above a regular award room rate?)

The hotel can decide to be generous and give individuals a better suite than the base suite at check-in.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Unhappy DSU fail

Originally Posted by mtmids
The D.S.U. certificates have increasingly lost their pull and value - I have gotten turned down for them so often that I use only about one per year now. I consider them almost meaningless.
Agreed. I just got 4 DSUs for completing a challenge. I have reservations for 7 nights at PH Seoul (who has no suites available even though my reservation is 9 months from now in early November) and 7 nights at PH Chicago (again, nothing available in early May.) I called to check GHSF in early September, no dice either.

0/3 so far, and I'm not even traveling in peak seasons. Can't imagine what this must be like in July / August / December.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ahmorris
Agreed. I just got 4 DSUs for completing a challenge. I have reservations for 7 nights at PH Seoul (who has no suites available even though my reservation is 9 months from now in early November) and 7 nights at PH Chicago (again, nothing available in early May.) I called to check GHSF in early September, no dice either.

0/3 so far, and I'm not even traveling in peak seasons. Can't imagine what this must be like in July / August / December.
The availability could change before then. Also note you are staying for 7 nights, and if it is not available for even 1 of those 7 nights, GP will not be able to confirm it. If you search through their booking system, you should be able to see which dates have the entry-level suite available. I typically confirm this before booking in case I need to adjust a day or two, or split into multiple reservations to at least get it confirmed (then contact the hotel closer if I see availability open up as they can manually try to keep you in the same room if it becomes available)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hyatt has to come up with a compensation scheme for the hotels that make it worthwhile to them.

Why are you accepting the premise?

I don't believe that they don't get paid for them.

Some properties want the DSU plus some cash and agree to upgrade you to a higher level of suite when the entry level one isn't available. Why would they care about getting the DSU if they don't get paid for it?

Originally Posted by doodley
In any case, I received a follow up call just now saying that the agent was able to book me the suite!
excellent ^

-David
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It's a HUACA game. It's funny how one or two back-to-back calls fail, but then the third call within an hour works magic. The lack of automation and centralization seems to be a major factor in the inconsistency. I guess that works out for some better than for others. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel? It gets the grease.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.