Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Austin ( Arboretum ) Texas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Had a recent stay at this property.

Mrs Willie & I both thought the beds were some of the most comfortable we've slept in. Anyone know if this is a new property?

Room temp control unit (by door) must have a keycard in it in order to operate. So if you are there during hot months, make sure to get two room keys & keep one in the unit.

Free parking, wifi, decent free breakfast (the breakfast sandwiches are not my favorite breakfast item but certainly acceptable).

Although off of a frontage road (set back so we really didn't hear highway noise), property does not have uber easy access to southbound 1, as one has to go aways south on the frontage road to get onto 1. Traffic can be congested in this area getting to the hotel.

Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
3612 Tudor Boulevard
Austin, TX 78759, USA

Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
(exiting from 183 northbound can be a challenge).
+1 that is how we first arrived at the property.
--
-

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jan 27, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Built ~ 1998 as an amerisuites. Became a hyatt place in 2007 (or at least thats when they got the permits for the signage.)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:47 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Built ~ 1998 as an amerisuites. Became a hyatt place in 2007 (or at least thats when they got the permits for the signage.)
Yes renovated Amerisuites, in the property index and reviews sticky it is noted (A) which means renovated Amerisuites.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
I stay at this location frequently. It has been around for several years. Good location...fairly easy access to highways (exiting from 183 northbound can be a challenge).

Close to several restaurants. I like to stop at the Whole Foods around the corner for snacks during my visits.

Friendly staff.

This is a much better property and location vs. the other HP on I-35.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I agree this is a better HP than the one on I-35.
But there is a Hyatt House near this HP that I like better. The HH seems to have upgraded their breakfast plus they have TCM on the tv, which few hotels have.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Even though our Austin office is near the Arboretum, I never stay at that HP - it's generally far more expensive than Marriott or Hilton family options in the area. But I may have to give it a try the next time I'm in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.