Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Manchester Grand Hyatt - reservation question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I need to make a reservation for this hotel. I'll be there a week total, but the last half of my stay is for a conference. I've requested a King for my room during the conference. I'll be with a friend the first half of the week and need/want 2 doubles. I'm hoping to just be able to stay in the same room for the entire visit.

Here's my question.

Should I purchase a grand club 2 double for the first few nights and hope they let me keep the room, or just purchase a plain 2 double? Since I'm there a week I wouldn't mind a view, so should I just spring for that room?

Thank you in advance for any insight or tips. I'm open to advice as well!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you need two beds at the beginning and don't want to change rooms, start by trying to have your conference room reservation changed to one with two beds. Then book the same room category for the first days and ask to have the reservations combined or (if you will be paying) at at least linked. I would also call the hotel the day before arrival to tell them that you have two consecutive reservations and again remind them at check in so that you can be assigned the same room.

If you want a nicer room, one with a view, etc., you should reserve that room type and pay the rate for what you want, assuming no status with Hyatt.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 10, 2013 at 5:45 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:27 am
Original Poster

yep, no status yet, but hoping to be able to start working on it.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kenicx
yep, no status yet, but hoping to be able to start working on it.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
Welcome to FT.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:27 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Welcome to FT.
I would like to point out however that cross posting (in this case here and in the master review thread) is not allowed.

As such, I will lock this thread.

Peteropny - co-mod - hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.