Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Contact of a senior consumer affairs officer at the Hyatt Group

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au

I don't want to discuss the situation I went through publicly, but I do want to talk with someone senior about this.

Thank you
DH
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:30 am

Jeff Z always answers his email. ([email protected]), why not start there?

-David
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
People get suckered every day into believing that the CEO or some "senior" person is personally adressing their concern. While it's true that all good CEO's personally see a few pieces of random mail every day, as you can imagine, anybody who actually did spend time doing what a person 19 rungs down the ladder does for less compensation (and probably better) isn't focusing on shareholder value.

Your complaint will be scanned into the system, a response developed and then put into the "voice" of the person you sent it to and emailed as though from that person.

It's a great and effective marketing tool because it leads people to think that they've got the personal attention of someone senior. But, ....

Send in a complaint on the web form, it will be addressed and categorized as it ought to be. If it's of real concern, it's the metrics of complaints which really matter.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Often1
People get suckered every day into believing that the CEO or some "senior" person is personally adressing their concern. While it's true that all good CEO's personally see a few pieces of random mail every day, as you can imagine, anybody who actually did spend time doing what a person 19 rungs down the ladder does for less compensation (and probably better) isn't focusing on shareholder value.

Your complaint will be scanned into the system, a response developed and then put into the "voice" of the person you sent it to and emailed as though from that person.

It's a great and effective marketing tool because it leads people to think that they've got the personal attention of someone senior. But, ....

Send in a complaint on the web form, it will be addressed and categorized as it ought to be. If it's of real concern, it's the metrics of complaints which really matter.
You don't take a hammer to to nail in a staple.

Likewise, you don't use a stapler to hammer in a nail.

I've had very good assistance from Hyatt Guest Relations thus far. However, when a situation is serious, you try go high.

In all honesty, Jeff Z probably won't care too much about this because he is focused on the Big Picture Gold Passport issue, thus I asked for Hyatt Consumer Affair Senior Management.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:17 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I don't want to discuss the situation I went through publicly
Bigger than a bread box?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:35 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

You can DM us.

We're happy to assist you with this matter.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Often1
I think people wildly overestimate how busy many CEOs are at many Fortune 500 companies. There are many of them who post on here... And post on other websites much more often than you would think. I would assume that he reads every or a vast majority of the mail which hits his inbox. If it is a serious issue as suggested by the OP, it will probably garner a specific reply from te CEO/CVP or a directed reply from his staff (read: legal)
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I would assume that he reads every or a vast majority of the mail which hits his inbox.
And that's the point; "his inbox" is usually a filtering mechanism (ie other staff) who will only forward e-mails that really need to be seen by the top guy. Who knows, this issue could be one of those. FWIW I don't believe the e-mail address quoted below is directed to a single individual, much less the boss himself, as claimed.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
And that's the point; "his inbox" is usually a filtering mechanism (ie other staff) who will only forward e-mails that really need to be seen by the top guy. Who knows, this issue could be one of those. FWIW I don't believe the e-mail address quoted below is directed to a single individual, much less the boss himself, as claimed.
It is of course his email address but his secretary will also have access to it and may or may not have the authority to forward some of the email he receives to other senior staff members if she believes they would be able to provide a satisfactory answer.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Pretty sure Jeff has personally responded to lots of us here who have emailed him, as some my responses have been quite short and to the point were as a personal assistant has a more professional response. Granted your request usually is just forwarded to a someone else.

Honestly giving such a vauge request isn't going to get you anywhere that is mostly known knowledge.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by crystak
It is of course his email address but his secretary will also have access to it and may or may not have the authority to forward some of the email he receives to other senior staff members if she believes they would be able to provide a satisfactory answer.
Naive, but sweet nevertheless. There should be more people like you in the world.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:59 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Rather than debate on FT why don't you ask GPConcierge for the contact details for the head of consumer affairs?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
If you already know a senior consumer affairs officer, then that person is fair game to contact directly. But, as I would not contact a hotel GM that I have never corresponded with without first going through the regular chain of command, I would not start off cold calling someone senior. It is likely not that person's job to bypass procedure and provide individual support, so the best you could hope for is getting your request routed to the proper channels that it should have gone to in the first place.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hyatt, AA
I must confess.............Hyatt has always come through for me. I don't believe I have ever had a customer service issue that wasn't addressed. If regular GP line can't cover it then its either a very serious complaint that has somehow slipped through the cracks, or you are moaning about a trivial issue.

There was one girl on the phones who didn't help me. Once. But I called back and got someone else who immediately assisted me.

I wish every company ran like Hyatt.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Mr Z very nicely answered an e mail I sent to him and it was during the holidays, he seems very pleasant and approachable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.