Search

Which Hyatt in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Which Hyatt in Dubai

Hey all,

I'm going to be transiting Dubai while flying EK F on March 9/10.

I'm Hyatt Diamond, so want to stay in one of the Hyatts.

I'm not sure which one you'd recommend (never been to DXB before)...

I will be arriving at 1:00 pm (in DXB) and departing the next am at 8:00 am (again from DXB in EK F).

The rates are 640, 840, and 1040 AED for the Regency, Grand, and Park, respectively.

With all those conditions in mind, what would you recommend for my stay?

For example, I think we'd use more the club (at the Grand) than the great breakfast (at the Park).

Thanks for your input!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Stay at the Dubai Grand Hyatt. It is close to the airport and wonderful property and they treat elite customers very well including upgrades.

I always stay there when I visit dubai frequently and I tried many other properties but always go back to this nice one.

The park is nice but very light dim at night which makes you depressed.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
As a Diamond member, I prefer any of the three Hyatt properties in Dubai. I like the complimentary Mercedes limo transfer to and from airport.

If I had a short stay in Dubai and don't want to spend too much, then Hyatt Regency does the job. If you like access to Grand Club, then Grand Hyatt is your best bet whilst Park Hyatt is someone who wants luxury (as Park Hyatts don't have lounge facility).

For me, its either Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt as I like access to lounge whilst on business travel.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I agree with NA-Flyer's assessment and would probably choose the Grand. It's really a great hotel with tons of amenities, and closest to the airport (though not that much different from the Park).

The Regency also has excellent amenities, but the location is not great -- the traffic can make it time-consuming to get from and to the airport, unless your flight out is on Friday or Saturday morning, in which case the weekend traffic is light. Elite recognition at both the Grand and Regency are excellent, and the service overall is actually among the best in Dubai at both of these properties. You might have to leave a bit too early for the breakfast -- it opens at 6:30, so you could rush and leave by 6:50 or so (which would be cutting it close, especially if it's a weekday) if you already have your boarding pass -- though you can enjoy just as good an experience at the EK F lounge.

I do like the poolside shisha terrace at the Regency, but, since you've never been to Dubai, you'll probably want to explore the area -- both the Burj Khalifa area (with Souq al Bahar and the fountains), which is slightly more convenient to the Grand or Park. I would also recommend walking around Deira in the afternoon and evening, which is slightly closer to the Regency, followed by the Park.

The Park is very luxurious, with a sumptuous pool area, though in my opinion early March is a bit too early to enjoy it.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
For the most part, I'd echo what is above. I'm a Dubai newbie having only been twice but liked the Hyatts a lot.

I stayed at the Park in Aug because:

1-it's a PH and when I can swing it I enjoy them
2-a former HR Dongguan asst managern I know recently transferred there

I was back in DXB last week for two days, but the PH was almost 5x the price of the HR so the HR it was and I was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were fine, the club breakfast was good and service was top notch. Plus, the free airport xfer via Benz and allowing me to check in at 6:30am was a nice bonus.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
We like the Grand and you can usually get a BRG there (usually below AED 500). Service is great.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: Onepass
My two cents having stayed at all three...for a first timer to Dubai the Regency can be the best choice if you are planning to get and explore a bit. Metro station just a couple of hundred meters away which in itself is a great ride to check out all the buildings and construction...gold souk very easy to get to...furthest from the airport but at your times traffic shouldn't be too bad and we're only talking about at max a 25 minute ride as opposed to 10 from the Park or 15 from the Grand.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:11 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
We did not like the HR at all.

Our choice wouzld always be the PH, nice location and nice rooms!

Secind choice woulde be the GH, which was a nice club.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
The Regency is actually a very nice property, newly renovated some time ago and considering its age still a good property.

The Grand shows its age more and more and is in need of a major room renovation. For all those readers from the US, it is still at least on par with the Park Washington, the best Hyatt property in the US, but not as
spectecular as it used to be. The Grand Club deteriorated massively
over the last years, but still has all US clubs for lunch..., it used to be on one level with HongKong or even Tokyo, though !!

The Park during the off season is a piece of heaven, but when it gets busy, the pool and spa can become crowded, the same goes for the restaurants, including breakfast.

The upgrade certs are best used at the Park, followed by the Grand and Regency.

In terms of value for money, the Regency is tough to beat.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Thanks for all your input, everybody. I truly appreciate it.

I think I'll go with the Grand. I need lounge access, don't need breakfast, and want to have the location of the Grand/Park.

Cheers from 30,000 feet!
Old May 20, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
In the past few years, it seems like they've opened so many new Hyatts in Dubai. Can anyone chime in with more recent data points on the six properties there now?

FWIW: I'm flying there just for a few days in March 2016 with a friend - normally stay at PH's when I can, but wondering if it'd be easier just to stay at the GH in the middle of everything, even though it's laid out like a Vegas hotel (I'm in Vegas all the time).
Old May 21, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chubbuni13
In the past few years, it seems like they've opened so many new Hyatts in Dubai. Can anyone chime in with more recent data points on the six properties there now?

FWIW: I'm flying there just for a few days in March 2016 with a friend - normally stay at PH's when I can, but wondering if it'd be easier just to stay at the GH in the middle of everything, even though it's laid out like a Vegas hotel (I'm in Vegas all the time).
Dubai is not terribly different from the rest of the world. If you are used to PHs, you won't really enjoy HP/HH or especially older HRs. GH vs PH I find to be a matter of personal taste and budget. As a Diamond at a GH, you visit the lounge for your "service" (otherwise it's basically a standard 4 star hotel). At a PH, it's more hotel-wide great service with better breakfast and classier soft product.

The old HR in Dubai is really only useful as a place to do mattress runs. The new HR might be interesting, but as with all places reliant on imported labour, unless management is really on top of things, it will take awhile for service standards to get up to scratch.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Dubai is not terribly different from the rest of the world. If you are used to PHs, you won't really enjoy HP/HH or especially older HRs. GH vs PH I find to be a matter of personal taste and budget. As a Diamond at a GH, you visit the lounge for your "service" (otherwise it's basically a standard 4 star hotel). At a PH, it's more hotel-wide great service with better breakfast and classier soft product.

The old HR in Dubai is really only useful as a place to do mattress runs. The new HR might be interesting, but as with all places reliant on imported labour, unless management is really on top of things, it will take awhile for service standards to get up to scratch.
Well said, thanks for the insight... I guess I'm an eclectic traveler and I stay in Hyatt Place's as much as I would a PH: basically one of those diamonds that through hook and crook manage to just sneak in the 25/50 requirement per year.

Considering taxis are quite cheap in UAE, it might be a moot point. I booked my friend's award on Etihad apartments using my AA miles, so he said he'd spring for the hotels... Leaning towards PH now.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Appreciate input/advice...... First time in DXB and Torn bw PH and GH. Just booked yeserday on Emirates biz using Alaska miles Will have 3 nights in DXB on way to Paris for 8 nights. We arrive Dec 27th @ 7:45 pm and depart 30th at 3pm. Our dates show PH has rates of only $217 or 20K pts. GH rates $395 or 15Kpts. Expect we'll spend more time off property than on. Wondering if we stay at GH and save the 15K pts difference to use in Paris instead? Is the differential truly worth it?

Also - anyone do the evening jeep safari tour - worth it or totally cheesy?
(All SPG prop we're interested in are completely sold out that week due to NYE).

Many Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by UFgatorgal
Appreciate input/advice...... First time in DXB and Torn bw PH and GH. Just booked yeserday on Emirates biz using Alaska miles Will have 3 nights in DXB on way to Paris for 8 nights. We arrive Dec 27th @ 7:45 pm and depart 30th at 3pm. Our dates show PH has rates of only $217 or 20K pts. GH rates $395 or 15Kpts. Expect we'll spend more time off property than on. Wondering if we stay at GH and save the 15K pts difference to use in Paris instead? Is the differential truly worth it?

Also - anyone do the evening jeep safari tour - worth it or totally cheesy?
(All SPG prop we're interested in are completely sold out that week due to NYE).

Many Thanks!
I have stayed at both in the past month, as well as before that, so can chime in.

PH for $217 is the clear no-brainer to me - that's a fantastic rate for winter and you should book it immediately. I would never pay more for GH over PH, and would also not use 20k points for a $217 rate.

There isn't a lot between the two locations, both are around the same sort of area. And the property itself, including the pool and the general hotel grounds, are just so much nicer in the PH.

The only advantage of the GH over PH is the lounge, if that matters to you. The hard product in the room, particularly if you are Diamond in which case you will get the Park Deluxe, is noticeably superior at PH. And it's a great place to use DSUs if you have any left, as the suites are fantastic and comes with free minibar.

I have only personally been on the Platinum Heritage desert safari, which is a fair bit more expensive than the usual suspects like Arabian Adventures. But part of the group who had tried both said he would never go on the others ever again, so I am inclined to say it is worth the extra cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.