Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatt in the US?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by inthemix
I was not a huge fan of the Pier 66. Unless you need the location, I actually preferred the room and location of the FTL airport Hyatt Place.
+1. I have stayed at Pier 66 once and have chosen HP or HH FLL ever since...
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Since I posed the question in the first place, I thought I'd report on my experiences. I had a little less travel (and less discretion in locations) than I had anticipated. But here goes:

Grand Cypress. I posted on this one earlier. I won't go back.

Grand Hyatt Tampa. Liked it! Nice room, beautiful grounds, great service (hmm, other than a mixup with the shuttle bus to the airport). Oyster Catchers was not quite up to expectations, but was still good. There's really nothing close except the water...great views, nice setting. I'd go back.

Minneapolis. Enjoyed this hotel. I was only there for a night, and it was the week before Christmas (ie I pretty much had the place to myself), but the room was nice, service was great (they didn't even laugh very loud when I forgot my room number). Good location, a lot of restaurants and stores within a couple blocks, and hot cider in the lobby on arrival.

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington. Ok, not in the conversation about best in the US, but i was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Newly renovated, service could not have been better (a personal tour of the facilities on arrival), very nice rooms for the price. Neighborhood is weird...nothing but hotels and restaurants (I guess some office parks?), but walking distance from Ruth's Chris and some other really nice restaurants. I didn't want to be downtown, this hotel really filled the bill.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FD1971
It is difficult to compare quality standards, but the Grand New York is comparable to most older four star hotels in Germany, e.g. some older Radissons, Crowne Plaza or Hilton properties.

The Grand New York has always been a solid hotel, more a Regency than a Grand Hyatt, the recent updates should put it in a league comparable with the other Hyatt properties in Manhattan, not really special and really huge differences between the rooms, a fate it shares with the Andaz properties and the 48Lex...

The Park New York will play in another league, the old Park Stanhope was old and in need of major renovations, but had some nice suites and a very good location.

The Park Washington would also be on my list, I haven't been to the Park Chicago after the renovation, but in any case the Hyatt Place Ontario Mills has to be mentioned as well. IIRC, it was one of the first Hyatt Place hotels ^
I was NOT a fan of GH NYC.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
GH Kauai and PH Chicago are my favourites so far.

In most cases there is a large gap whne you compare US or international Hyatts of the same sub brand.

Between the HR Mainz and any HR in the US there is an incredible difference, like a HP and GH in the US.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:42 am

GH Seattle

GH San Francisco- great Union Square location with a modern feel.

HR Huntington Beach- nice suites and regency club. Its an easy stroll into town along the
boardwalk.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:26 am

Any updates?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
In an upside down world, Hyatt's best properties list might be one of very few things that have changed in a positive direction.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:08 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Any updates?
You will find current conversation here:

Aspirational properties: hotels worth a trip
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Please continue discussion at Aspirational properties: hotels worth a trip since that is the current thread for this discussion. I’ll lock this thread for housekeeping purposes.

peteropny - co-mod - hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.