Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dubai "Passport Escape" questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

I'm looking at booking a five night "passport escape in Dubai at either the Grand or Park Hyatt. It seems like this includes three dinners, and breakfast. I have never booked this type of award. What are the stipulations of the dinners? in terms of choices, restaurants, and how many people. Is the breakfast full or continental? and will this get us into the Regency Club? It will be my wife and I. I'm not sure if we will be Diamond or not by then. Would you consider this good value foe either of these two properties?
Thank you for all your help
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You would have to call the hotel and/or ask customer service what, if any, restrictions on the award exist. Some hotels may limit the restaurants and the type of meal.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Originally Posted by Mary2e
You would have to call the hotel and/or ask customer service what, if any, restrictions on the award exist. Some hotels may limit the restaurants and the type of meal.
Should I call the hotel direct or can I do it through the Hyatt 800 number?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Try the 800 number first. If they don't have the info, they may call the hotel for you.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I would recommend the Park Hyatt, the MUCH nicer property. Unless you like the buzz of a mega hotel. The only advantage of the GH is the (quite good) Grand Club, but if you don't make Diamond I doubt you will have access. Plus, with 3 dinners included, it is not that relevant.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

With so many great restaurants in DXB, I do know if I would book this award type there. Much better value in a resort with less options nearby.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by troyb
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

With so many great restaurants in DXB, I do know if I would book this award type there. Much better value in a resort with less options nearby.
Excellent point.

OP, save the points and book a club room at the Grosvenor House.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by FD1971
Excellent point.

OP, save the points and book a club room at the Grosvenor House.
Didn't even think of the GH - what a great hotel. I was blown away during my stay back in February. Definitely a high end property with a lounge that was completely unexpected. Reasonable rates too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.