Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress run question: Advance purchase or multiple hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Had a couple of questions about doing a mattress run:

1. If I do an advance purchase, do I actually need to physically check-in to get stay credit?
2. Can I check-in to multiple hotels on the same night to get stay credit? I ask because time is short and rates are significantly lower on the weekends.

Thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes and no....

You need to rethink your stategy.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:09 am

The FAQ thread in the forum contains a lot of useful information, and a search will reveal a lot of information on MRs.

You can only get credit if you personally check-in at the property.

You cannot book two or more hotels on the same night and get stay/night credit for all of them.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by jlsf
I ask because time is short and rates are significantly lower on the weekends.
Your observations on this point are very valid. Take the benefits out of your expertise.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the responses.

I thought I had read as much as my eyes could take, and somehow I missed the obvious answer to the check-in/Advance purchase question.

I also know that multiple rooms in the same hotel only get a single credit, but could not find any comments on rooms in multiple hotels.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jlsf
Thanks for the responses.

I thought I had read as much as my eyes could take, and somehow I missed the obvious answer to the check-in/Advance purchase question.

I also know that multiple rooms in the same hotel only get a single credit, but could not find any comments on rooms in multiple hotels.
For the second question, there could be the rare exception, such as a long term elements stay combined with a weekend away at a resort, nights in different time zones, or last-minute changes in plans perhaps due to expected weather events (for example, check in expecting to stay the night, then impending storm causes tomorrow's planned flight to be rebooked to today so that one needs a room tonight in a different city). These would need to be requested to be handled on an exception basis due to the unique circumstances being overall consistent with the program and the results would not be guaranteed. One cannot count on making status this way. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.