Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Incheon, Korea REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
FYI, the departure times from the airport (at least from Door 13) are now :13, :33, and :53. It's been :07/27/47 for ages, so was surprised to see the change (new signage).
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Stayed here for one night on 20/1/2012. I deliberately set aside one day in my trip to stay at HR Incheon just for the experience. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am with this hotel.

Check-in - Mr Kevin Park has to be worst front desk ever. I got lectured by him for 5 minutes for checking in too early.

Room - Carpet is tired and old. Room is cold, feels like a motel. Bathroom has a sewage smell. Not enough lighting.

Food - I have heard so many great reviews about Restaurant 8 on blogs and tripadvisors. I completely disagree. I had breakfast and lunch at Restaurant 8. The dolsot bibimbap was cold. Taste was mediocre. Soup was bland. Choice was limited. And price was not cheap at all! Very expensive for what we got - 44 USD per person for just simple food. A complete waste of money.

Diamond amenity -- Nice! 1 big bowl of fruits! Two bottles of wine! Two boxes of chocolate! 1 box of cookies! But sorry, I dont drink wine!

Club lounge - Nice! The nicest part of the hotel. Food was nice and the club lounge manager was very helpful. She recommended a restaurant at Incheon and organized taxi for us. She was the only highlight I can think of out of this whole hotel.

Well, anyway, I am not returning to this hotel unless really necessary.

Review on Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Review on Indigo Xiamen Harbour

Last edited by kuponuts; Jul 3, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thank you for posting ... great photos!

Originally Posted by uggboy
Here are some photos we have taken during our two stays from the Hyatt Regency Incheon // South Korea // they are all listed in our Flickr account // Links are under each photo, ENJOY:

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 9, 2012 at 8:31 am Reason: removed quoted images
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kuponuts
Stayed here for one night on 20/1/2012. I deliberately set aside one day in my trip to stay at HR Incheon just for the experience. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am with this hotel.

Check-in - Mr Kevin Park has to be worst front desk ever. I got lectured by him for 5 minutes for checking in too early.

Room - Carpet is tired and old. Room is cold, feels like a motel. Bathroom has a sewage smell. Not enough lighting.

Food - I have heard so many great reviews about Restaurant 8 on blogs and tripadvisors. I completely disagree. I had breakfast and lunch at Restaurant 8. The dolsot bibimbap was cold. Taste was mediocre. Soup was bland. Choice was limited. And price was not cheap at all! Very expensive for what we got - 44 USD per person for just simple food. A complete waste of money.

Diamond amenity -- Nice! 1 big bowl of fruits! Two bottles of wine! Two boxes of chocolate! 1 box of cookies! But sorry, I dont drink wine!

Club lounge - Nice! The nicest part of the hotel. Food was nice and the club lounge manager was very helpful. She recommended a restaurant at Incheon and organized taxi for us. She was the only highlight I can think of out of this whole hotel.

Well, anyway, I am not returning to this hotel unless really necessary.
I was here for a second time a few weeks ago and my experience was different. I thought the club was nothing special, but liked the rest of the hotel. No problems with the front desk or room. Didn't try the restaurant this time, but my bulgogi last time was fine, if a bit pricey.

I would go back.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:13 pm

Hyatt ICN is actually one of my favorite hotels anywhere. Efficient, clean, good food. Pricing is, considering the quality and the USD:KRW actually pretty reasonable. In 40+ stays there since they opened, I haven't experienced anything I'd warrant as a problem.

Top-notch place from my experiences.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:59 pm
Formerly known as jennyyhwang

I was very impressed by this excellent hotel.

I stayed here for one night in Jan 2012 on a stopover and was upgraded to a regency club room on a point stay. Everything was perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

PROS:
- Superior, courteous service from all staff members
- Beautiful, large lobby
- Gorgeous, spacious room (regency club)
- Stylish shower with window into bedroom
- Heated toilet seat
- Spotless everywhere
- Elegant and chic hotel restaurant
- Free shuttle from the airport every 20 mins

CONS:
- I forgot my toothpaste but the hotel did not provide a small free tube when asked. I had to purchase a tube for USD $6.

Overall I was very impressed with the Hyatt Regency Incheon. I have pictures of the club room and bathroom, as well as the regency club lounge, if any of you need them.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:38 pm

I'm not why the gov't has adopted such a policy, but hotels in Korea are no longer allowed to provide free toothbrushes -- this isn't just the Hyatt Incheon's policy -- applies nationwide. Not sure if complimentary razors are also banned!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:04 pm

About 300m from the hotel, there is a basement store that is a supermarket/general goods store. It has long hours and I suspect would be a better place to get things like toothpaste than from the minibar.

It is mildly annoying when the hotel alleges they have a "nominal" charge and then asks $6 for a tiny tube of toothpaste that costs them about 6 cents.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: OZ, AA, Hyatt, Marriott, SPG
Stayed 1 night in early March. Upgraded to club room on an award stay. A bottle of small red wine and some chocolates in the room. The hotel room was nice, much better than Seoul Renaissance that I usually stay. I especially liked the desk area in the room. Had to catch an early flight so missed out on breakfast in the lounge. Will definitely return if I need to catch an early flight out of ICN.
Old May 1, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I'm not why the gov't has adopted such a policy, but hotels in Korea are no longer allowed to provide free toothbrushes -- this isn't just the Hyatt Incheon's policy -- applies nationwide. Not sure if complimentary razors are also banned!
I assume the regulation is aimed at reducing unnecessary waste. I think it's an environmental measure.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
We have a choice of arriving at ICN at either 7 pm, missing the evening lounge service, or 2:30 pm.

If we arrive at 2:30 pm, is there anything interesting in the immediate area to occupy us for a 3 hr or so? Is that enough time to take a train into the city just to look around?
Old May 12, 2012, 3:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If there is something interesting to do where you originate from I would arrive late.... it's just a (nice) airport hotel with nothing really to see in the immediate surrounding area.

You could go into the city, but that's at least one hour away. I wouldn't bother doing that. The evening lounge service is not that great...
Old May 12, 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
If there is something interesting to do where you originate from I would arrive late.... it's just a (nice) airport hotel with nothing really to see in the immediate surrounding area.

You could go into the city, but that's at least one hour away. I wouldn't bother doing that. The evening lounge service is not that great...
Second that view!
Old May 13, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by RTW1

Let's make it two hours.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Let's make it two hours.
Even on the train? An express should be under an hour each way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.