Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Toronto or Hyatt Regency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite

Quick Question,

Flying in Friday morning with wife and 2 year old. I'll be in meetings all day Friday, would it be best to stay at the Park or Regency? I'm not familiar with Yorkville but would my wife be best staying at the Park, (hotel, and area) or in the downtown area where the Regency is located at?

I'm also trying to use a dimaond upgrade for the 2 nights.

I'm leaning toward Park as it's only 10 dollars more. I'm guessing to Club and we will get Breakfast at the restaurant.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
If I was in your wife's position, I would prefer the Park's location. Yorkville is a nicer area and less busy than downtown, there's Queen's Park south of the hotel where she can also walk around, especially if a pram is involved.

In terms of the hotel, the PH is much nicer than the HR and for 10 dollars more, I would definitely book the Park.

Have fun!
Old May 29, 2012, 3:27 pm

For $10 its an easier choice. PH is a (much!) nicer hotel in a (much!) nicer area.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Park for sure...

Do the Park for sure. For $10 it is a no-brainer. I wouldn't do the Regency (I would look elsewhere first).
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Agree for the Park, best location for tourism, close to the ROM (Museum), good restaurants, and the 2 subway lines. And nicer hotel with bigger room.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I've never stayed at either hotel, but Yorkville is a MUCH more interesting area.

Then again I might be biased, as my first date with my wife was at the restaurant at the Park Hyatt (Morton's).
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
PH, although note that there are better PHs and this one seems IME to not be especially good for upgrades.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PH, although note that there are better PHs and this one seems IME to not be especially good for upgrades.
I'm killing a suite upgrade but noticed the upgraded rooms dont look to upgraded. Hotel seems to be quiet the weekend I'm staying, so hopefully an upgrade to the upgrade.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have an email to the Front Desk? I tried the reservation email but never got anything. Im trying to confirm a fridge in the room for my little one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.