Search

First Time I have been "walked"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2003, 10:21 pm
trd
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
First Time I have been "walked"

I tried to check into the HR Chicago this afternoon @5PM only to be asked/offered an option to be "walked" to the Fairmont Hotel next door as the HR was overbooked. I was checking in with a Entertainment Club rate of $79.50. They offered the Fairmont to me @$99.00 and 24,000 gold passport points! I gather that they also would have just walked me over and paid for my night. I grabbed the 24,000 points (and had them put the offer in writing). While I lost half a free night in the MasterCard promo, the points MORE than made up for it . . .and I will have more than enough stays and nights to requalify for diamond. In all my years of traveling I have never been "walked" before. This sounded like a very good deal to me . . .but what other deals have you been offered??
Old Jul 10, 2003, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Well, I'va been walked at two properties, none of them was a Hyatt.

1) Radisson SAS Cannes Montfleury (on French riviera); they offered me the same rate I originally had at their hotel in the Sofitel and even paid the first night.

2) Marriott World Center Resort Orlando; they walked me to the Caribic Royal? next door, paid for the night and breakfast as well as an overseas phone call. Following a letter to the GM, he offered me a suite upgrade on a return visit as well as 30.000 points... which I gladly excepted since the next stay in MCO was a week-long familiy stay

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Jul 10, 2003, 5:25 am

I would have insisted on them paying for the night and giving me the points, particularly if you are a Diamond. Which brings up the question - why in the world did you not use 1-800-CHECK-IN sometime after 9am, instead of waiting to get assigned whatever room was left when you arrived at the hotel late in the day? I think the 9am check-in via the 800 number is one of the best perks of Diamond Gold Passport, and generally allows one to secure a RC or even sometimes a suite upgrade.

[This message has been edited by BeantownFlyer (edited 07-10-2003).]
Old Jul 10, 2003, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Can you still use 1-800-CHECKIN if it's a Priceline reservation? I was recently walked to the Four Seasons when arriving around midnight at the Hyatt Vancouver. It was the first time I've ever used Priceline (it was also the first time I've been walked at any hotel) and wondered if that made any difference.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhilC:
Can you still use 1-800-CHECKIN if it's a Priceline reservation? I was recently walked to the Four Seasons when arriving around midnight at the Hyatt Vancouver. It was the first time I've ever used Priceline (it was also the first time I've been walked at any hotel) and wondered if that made any difference. </font>
You can call the Hyatt reservation or customer service line and have them put your Gold Passport number into the Priceline reservation. This will allow you to use 1-800-CHECKIN.

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Jul 10, 2003, 11:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PhilC:
Can you still use 1-800-CHECKIN if it's a Priceline reservation? </font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum60/HTML/001476.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum60/HTML/001287.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum60/HTML/001238.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum60/HTML/000643.html
Old Jul 10, 2003, 2:30 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Wow, I am jealous. I was on an award stay at the Foutainbleau Hilton and they walked me next door to the Four Points. They paid for the Four Points and provided a dinner voucher (only place open was for sandwhiches at the poolside cafe).

I received Starwood points but after the 1st day, I was not allowed to use the Hilton pool. Big Amway convention then and everyone asking me if knew about them and trying to get me to sign up. What a waste of HHonors points.

Closest I have been to being walked was at the Crystal City Hyatt. Was told to check in after 3pm as no rooms available and given coupon for brunch after taking my bags.

------------------
Going back to the bAAsics
Feed the world for FREE! One click daily- www.thehungersite.com
Old Jul 10, 2003, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnnyP:
You can call the Hyatt reservation or customer service line and have them put your Gold Passport number into the Priceline reservation. This will allow you to use 1-800-CHECKIN.

</font>
I called Hyatt reservations and the hotel directly and received basically the same reply both times - my Gold Passport number cannot be added because they cannot make changes of any kind to a Priceline reservation.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 4:00 pm

I called Hyatt reservations and the hotel directly and received basically the same reply both times - my Gold Passport number cannot be added because they cannot make changes of any kind to a Priceline reservation. </font>
You obviosly got someone who diesn't know what they are talking about. I've had over 20 stays at Hyatt on Priceline and I always call and add my GP number to the res. I've even managed to get date changes after explaining that I wasn't taking care when making the booking on Priceline.

Old Jul 10, 2003, 7:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parra:
You obviosly got someone who diesn't know what they are talking about. I've had over 20 stays at Hyatt on Priceline and I always call and add my GP number to the res. I've even managed to get date changes after explaining that I wasn't taking care when making the booking on Priceline.

</font>
Ditto
Old Jul 14, 2003, 3:38 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parra:

</font>
When you got the date changed were you dealing with the hotel itself or Hyatt reservations? The one time I tried this Hyatt said that they couldn't. The property told me only priceline could, and priceline told me no dice.

Old Jul 14, 2003, 9:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
When you got the date changed were you dealing with the hotel itself or Hyatt reservations? The one time I tried this Hyatt said that they couldn't. The property told me only priceline could, and priceline told me no dice.
</font>
I called the hotel directly (Hyatt Regency San Francisco)and spoke to the manager on duty. I can't remember her name but I think she was South African.

[This message has been edited by parra (edited 07-14-2003).]
Old Jul 14, 2003, 9:56 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

A Gold Passport account number can be added to a Priceline booking or any Internet Booking by contacting the Hyatt Reservation Center. A hotel customer service representative will add the Gold Passport number to the reservation. You can reach the Reservation Center at 1-800-233-1234 or 1-800-304-9288 and ask to speak to hotel customer service.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best Regards,

Julia Moore
Hyatt Gold Passport Internet Concierge
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old Jul 14, 2003, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Dear Julia,

Thank you as always for your comments, but getting back to the thrust of the original post in this thread, does Hyatt have any corporate or systemwide view on walking a customer to antoher hotel because of there being no room available?

I know that Marriott has such rules ensshrined in their Rules concerning their Frequent Guest Program, but does Hyatt have anything similar, and if so, what is it?

Thank you.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:58 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
We were walked once.

June 10th, 2001

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis

Since we were only staying for the stay, what we took was not being charged, staying at my in-laws and a voucher for a free night anywhere in the Hyatt system.

We used the free night at the Hyatt Maui in May of 2002.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.