Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia (Unbound; former Park Hyatt) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bellevue Hotel Philadelphia (Unbound; former Park Hyatt) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2003, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
lalala -- It's not too far a walk from the Marriott (maybe 15-20 min. or so...) and the weather's been gorgeous in Philly of late so might be nice. I like the PH a lot, it's a MUCH better choice than the newer Penn's Landing property in terms of location and service. I concur on the advice to get a renovated room if possible.

When are you in town? Let me know... I'm in California and Hong Kong on and off for the month but will be in Philly next weekend and most of Nov. Would be happy to meet for a drink!
Old Oct 5, 2003, 8:32 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Good choice the Hyatt blows the Marriott out of the Water.
The breakfasts there at the PH are outstanding too.And one gets a real sense of history while staying there.
The Marriott is not that far away by walking or taxi.
Have done both.
Enjoy !

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
Swissotel Club Gold
U/A 1k
Old Oct 6, 2003, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Thanks guys!

This meeting isn't until mid March, but smart flyertalkers/gov't rate people know its better to book while there are still rooms left at their rates!

I can't wait to see Philadelphia!

lala
Old Oct 18, 2003, 7:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kv99:
lalala -- It's not too far a walk from the Marriott (maybe 15-20 min. or so...)</font>
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but the walking estimate is way off. The Marriott (assuming the convention center) is two blocks up and one block over from the PH. I'm guessing it's more like an 8 minute walk, maybe 0.3 miles. Definitely a waste of a cab ride.

Heck, it's farther from one end of the convention center to the other!
Old Oct 19, 2003, 8:35 pm
MGR

Programs: CO Gold, AA PLT, HYATT PLT
Having stayed at all three hotels within the last couple of years, I totally agree with choosing the Park Hyatt. It definitely has the best service and nicest rooms (the renovated ones, of course). It's on Broad Street, which I believe is the same as 14th street, and the Marriott is on 12th street. It's definitely a short walk and not worth the price of a cab. Penn's Landing is further away, and there is nothing of interest nearby.

Definitely check out Reading Market on 12th near the Marriott--very popular place with lots of places to eat. inside.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tw0i:
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but the walking estimate is way off. The Marriott (assuming the convention center) is two blocks up and one block over from the PH. I'm guessing it's more like an 8 minute walk, maybe 0.3 miles. Definitely a waste of a cab ride.

Heck, it's farther from one end of the convention center to the other!
</font>

By the time you ride two sets of elevators at the hotel, get your bearings, cross some busy streets, and dodge all the wonderful characters you'll encounter in Philly, it may in fact take you 15 min.

Typically, it's a very nice walk, but I'd say a cab could be in order in mid-March, when the weather is not always so great in Philly. Or maybe you guys know a different Philadelphia than me.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 1:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kv99:

Typically, it's a very nice walk, but I'd say a cab could be in order in mid-March, when the weather is not always so great in Philly. Or maybe you guys know a different Philadelphia than me.
</font>
Well, I'd venture that the cab ride and walking probably will take about the same amount of time outside of rush hour, and the cab might take longer during rush hour.

To avoid the weather, you can also walk the entire way underground - the subway concourse in front of the PH runs under Broad and Market all the way to the Convention Center. Actually, the concourse is quite extensive - it runs under Market/JFK from 7th to 17th and under Locust from 12th to 16th.

Not that I would suggest walking in adverse weather if your company is picking up the tab...
Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Independence Park is probably approximately a 10 block walk from the Hyatt - should be doable in the daytime if the weather isn't too bad. Don't know about SEPTA service down to the hotel area.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 6:57 pm

the park hyatt in philly is WAY nicer than the penn's landing property. The location is much more centrally located as well.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Premier, Starwood Gold
Park Hyatt Philly Upgrades

Was lured into Hyatt by the faster free nights promotion and on my way to Diamond this year. How is the Park Hyatt Philadelphia interms of upgrading platinum members? Been spending more and more time at Hyatt properties this year and haven't had much luck getting upgraded.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:21 am

I asked politely at check-in and got a suite on my one stay there.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:17 pm
Suspended

DCATravel:

I have had excellent success at this property, although I am a Diamond. First, if you are coming in on a weekend night, you usually would have a better chance as business travelers are gone for the weekend for the most part. Second, I take it that the DCA indicates that you are from DC, and you may let the staff know that you live relatively close by so if your stay is as wonderful as you have heard others have had, you certainly will make it your buisness to be back. Third, if you are well on your way to Diamond this year, perhaps you will have had a sufficient number by the time you are there to verify that claim to them. Fourth, you should do as UpgradeMe says and ask if it would be possible to experience a suite for your -- I assume -- short stay, so that you can know what would be in store for you should you attain Diamond, as you have heard that this property treats its Diamond members quite well -- which it does. Finally, I assume, that this might be a paid stay, if so, then you should have "received" electronically an upgrade Cert after every third stay. You could always use it if necessary. Finally, I would indicate to them that you intend to take at least one meal at the hotel -- the breakfast in the Grand Domed dining room is both great and inexpensive. That also may help.

Also, the Jazz Club Zanzibar Blue which is at the base of the building, but unfortunately unconnecte in any other way to the hotel is great.

Enjoy your stay and let us know how it turned out!
Old Jan 24, 2004, 6:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

My one stay there as a Diamond was in an upgraded exterior corner room that was very large but did not get a suite (I didn't ask for one either).
Old Jan 25, 2004, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed there about 20 times as a business traveller. All my stays were weekdays. Most times I was upgraded to a larger room - about double the size of a standard guest room. Twice I was upgraded to a suite. I really enjoyed the dining room for breakfast. If the policy is the same, you'll receive a $12 per person meal credit though you may have to remind the front desk staff to post the credit when you check out.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 9:37 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Several years I had requested a handicapped room as my partner was using a wheel chair (although not totally wheelchair bound) -- well they screwed up and didn't have an available handicapped room -- so they gave us a huge, lovely suite . . . and we "muddled" through. Earlier this year the room I received was a very large double double -- partner is gone so the handicapped issue was mute. BTW the great restaurant Le Bec Fin is just two blocks down the street . . if you don't know what to do with your $$ it's a GREAT place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.