Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mumbai / Bombay - GH & HR REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai / Bombay - GH & HR REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by sapguy
I will staying at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai this Friday evening, and Hyatt just emailed me to offer an upgrade to the Grand Club lounge for INR 3000 per night.

So I guess my Platinum status will not give me access to the lounge?

Also, if I do choose to accept this offer, will the airport transfer to and from Mumbai airports be free? At the moment, they are INR 2200 from the International terminal and INR 1500 to the domestic terminal.
Make sure you ask about the transfer. Without it, the upgrade fee isn't worth it at all IMHO.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
So I went ahead and replied to their email to accept their offer for the upgrade to the Grand Club for INR 3000. It worked out well for me!

Not only are the airport transfers (from International to hotel, and very shortly from hotel to Domestic) becoming free, but at check-in, they upgraded me to a very nice Junior Suite (a large room with a couch & chair seating area, but not 2 separate rooms).

The Grand Club lounge had a decent breakfast spread, with cooked to order eggs and all day cappuccino, espresso, soft drinks and so on. They will have hors d'oeuvres & cocktails at 6:00PM but I will already be at the airport at that time, so perhaps next time?

The hotel is beautiful, with art works everywhere! Had a late dinner at China House which was OK, and an excellent lunch at Celini, their Italian restaurant.

Security is tight as is typical of luxury hotels in India since that unfortunate event at the Taj in Mumbai, and you have to go through metal detectors to enter the hotel.

All in all, a very nice stay, and I will be back. If they offer you the upgrade, it's worth taking since the round trip airport transfer would INR 3700!
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Grand Hyatt Mumbai

I'm only a Platinum, but my recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai was a pleasant one thanks to a successful suite upgrade.

The hotel emailed me 48 hours in advance offering me a PAID suite upgrade, which I was somewhat skeptical with in the beginning.

But I went ahead and replied to their email to accept their offer for the upgrade to the Grand Club for INR 3000. It worked out well for me!

Not only are the airport transfers (from International to hotel, and from hotel to Domestic) becoming free, but at check-in, they upgraded me to a very nice Junior Suite (a large room with a couch & chair seating area, but not 2 separate rooms).

The Grand Club lounge had a decent breakfast spread, with cooked to order eggs and all day cappuccino, espresso, soft drinks and so on. They have hors d'oeuvres & cocktails at 6:00PM but I will already be at the airport at that time, so perhaps next time?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Mumbai grand Hyatt

Hi,
I plan to stay 5 nights at Grand Hyatt Mumbai and get their spa services and visit downtown.

How far is downtown, and what is the best way to get there?
What would you recommend to see?

Also I would love to buy myself Indian equivalent to suit, high quality.
Any suggestion when?

I plan to sightsee in the morning, after my free diamond breakfast and come back after 4- 5 h of sightseeing for my spa activities. I love spa and this one is already legendary.

Thank you

Thank you for your help.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you are pretty far from town....it could take you anywhere between an hour to an hour & a half (depending on traffic) in the morning after breakfast time....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:33 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
their spa is nothing extraordinary. If you want to be closer to downtown (Mumbai is a vertical city), you are better off staying at Lower Parel or in town itself.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:12 am

Recent stay at the Regency:

- Room was a bit soulless, but large and comfortable enough.
- Did not use the Club lounge so cannot comment.
- They provide complimentary transfers for Diamond/Club/Suite guests with a Toyota Prius. It was satisfactory.
- Breakfast in the main restaurant was pretty decent, and I enjoyed the Indian dishes a lot. The pork bacon, however, had a very unpleasant taste.
- The set menu at the Italian restaurant was a decent deal overall.

It definitely has an air of "airport hotel" about it, but I was using it for exactly that, so can't complain. I don't think any of the others near the airport would have been significantly better. However, if I had more time, I would have probably preferred either the Grand or one of the SPG options (the Westin was going to be my 2nd choice).
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Seems as if DSU confirms into a junior suite at the Grand Hyatt, disappointing
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Bumping this -- I'm doing a semi-mileage run to Mumbai, arriving late evening April 15, departing late evening April 18.
I've got a Hyatt CC free night cert that works at either the GH or HR and both are offering a weekend deal with a king room for US$91/night.
Suggestions for which hotel I should select?
Will want to do some sightseeing, but won't have much time on the ground.
Upgrades at the GH are $45 US a night with 1 way airport transfer.
Upgrades at the HR are $26 and it looks like RT airport transfer.
Thanks for suggestions.
tom
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:49 pm

I would go with GH - the HR is really an airport hotel and I would only stay there for a short overnight.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
I would go with GH - the HR is really an airport hotel and I would only stay there for a short overnight.
+1
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:35 am

Agree that the GH is the better choice!

I would take the upgrade, as the airport transfer by the hotel car is key since taxi in Mumbai can be 'chaotic' if you're not Indian.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sapguy

I would take the upgrade, as the airport transfer by the hotel car is key since taxi in Mumbai can be 'chaotic' if you're not Indian.
Thanks. I just did a semi-MR on the same fare to Delhi and stayed at an airbnb. I somehow managed to get Uber to work from the airport at 130 in the morning. Amazing since I had a working cell, but not a +91 phone number.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:54 pm

Hadn't stayed at the GH for about 5 years, short 2 night stay and good overall but IMO rooms feeling a little dated. Free one way transfer as a diamond, lounge spread for breakfast and evening was good.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Any updated reviews re GH?

I'd also be interested in: Diamond treatment; whether the area around it still offers nothing in terms of restaurants, shops, etc; and how much of a hassle it would be to get between there and tourist spots.

Thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.