Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Did Hyatt drop the energy surcharge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2001, 1:55 am

Original Poster

I had two stays last week .. Hyatt St. Claire in San Jose for 2 nights and 1 night at the SFO Hyatt Regency.

I don't have the bills in front of me at the moment, but I seem to recall there were no energy surcharges on my bills anymore.

Anybody else seen these disappear lately? Or was it just the luck of the draw? Both reservations were made using the elite line, and both were relatively inexpensive rates.

-David
Old Jul 29, 2001, 6:30 pm

Original Poster

I double checked the bills and the credit card charges online .. there were no energy surcharges.

I also checked the previous trip, earlier this month at the SFO Hyatt Regency .. also no energy surcharge.

Both my May and June stays at the SFO Hyatt Regency had $3.30 per day energy surcharges.

Anybody else still seeing these surcharges in July at any other Hyatts?

-David

Old Jul 29, 2001, 10:11 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
My stays last week at Elliott Grand Seattle and Regency Vancouver did NOT have surcharges
Old Aug 3, 2001, 2:39 pm
Original Member

Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton have all announced an elimination of energy surcharges this week. Hyatt and Marriott did it earlier in the week, Hilton announced today (8/3).

I can't wait for the energy discounts!
Old Aug 3, 2001, 3:49 pm

Original Poster

Thanks, Tino .. that's great info.

Do you happen to have a source for the announcement?

Thanks,
David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.