Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:45 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I agree with orix -- the RC is nice but for that difference in $. not that nice. If using points, maybe. I'm a diamond so I always get the upgrade.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 7:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, Hyatt, Hilton, Shangri-La
I love it!! Although sounding like the broken record, it is a 'fer piece away from KIX and Osaka city itself. trd mentioned the trains and subway which is ok as he said, is you don't have luggage. Bus would be the way to go. Taxi will run you 8,000 - 10,000 yen!

Overall, the hotel is pretty nice. I have made that my hotel of choice in Osaka and more or less, my home away from home...at least while I still live here in Japan. Staff is always excellent and will help in any way. I too usually stay on the Regency Club floor and the extra attention is nice. But, I am not sure I would "pay" for it. For me, there are just not enough goodies to eat/drink to validate the extra money.

I would suggest the Italian restaurant more than anything else there. The Chinese restaurant can be extremely slow as they serve Chinese food (traditionally fast) at a Japanese pace (slow)!

The ATC across the street will provide more options Western, Japanese, Chinese and Indian.

(side bar)...hey trd, nice to "see" you again! when are you coming back to Japan?? I am still here. Would love to meet again for a meal!!

[This message has been edited by Boysmap (edited 09-03-2003).]
Old Sep 5, 2003, 9:10 am

stayed at the hotel back this June. Room size is larger than most other Japanese hotel. (mind you most of their room are tiny!!)
service - excellent! both front desk and conceirge was informative and POLITE!!
location- not convenient at all if you are going to do shopping BUT...they have shuttle every hour going to downtown (one of the biggest electronic store - Yabaxxshi...and Daimaru- dept store.They also have shuttle connecting to pier to go to Universal studio which was a total of 25 mins ride (10 for shuttle +15 from ferry)
not a lot to do at nite cos you are so far away from the city...and the ride from city to hotel (by subway or whatumat call it) takes 45 mins or more!
sorry, my english is not too well.. but hope this helps.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 9:11 am

oh, and i forgot, if you get tickets from the hotel (business service centre), they have a 20% discount cos its an official/designated hotel from Universal.

Have fun
Old Sep 5, 2003, 4:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
shinokwo - Thanks for all that info...the hotel sounds good to me. First Day after the long flight we will turn in early - 2nd day -after sightseeting (Kyoto/Nara?) we will be tired and also turn in early - next day after breakfast check-out to embark the ship-so no need to be busy at night.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:16 am

I am curious...if the RC offers free drinks during evening happy hours. Can anyone update?

I plan to be in Osaka in late/Nov and am wondering if I should stay at my usual Westin Osaka (where you get free drinks) or try Hyatt for the first time. I am Diamond with Hyatt and Platinum with Starwood.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 1:50 am

They offerd FREE drinks include Sparkling wine.

All of the wines are AUSTRALIAN's!!

Old Oct 28, 2003, 9:24 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyMan:
I am curious...if the RC offers free drinks during evening happy hours. Can anyone update?

I plan to be in Osaka in late/Nov and am wondering if I should stay at my usual Westin Osaka (where you get free drinks) or try Hyatt for the first time. I am Diamond with Hyatt and Platinum with Starwood.
</font>
Yes, you do get free drinks and some hot and cold hor's de vours... was upgraded to Regency Club a week before my stay after politely e-mailing the Front Office Manager and requesting an upgrade. Room was spacious and received different ammenities (chocolates, cookies, fruit, etc) every day. WARNING... the hotel is out there, I got there after dark and after leaving the tram station, it took a bit to find the "back door" and and elevator to get to the lobby. Will have a full trip report and pics of the property later.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I have not. When I was travelling back and forth to KIX every month dating my wife the UA crews at least at that time were staying at the Hyatt. It is not in Osaka proper but by a convention center. A station easily links it to Shin Osaka and Osaka proper. Apprarently nice rooms and great gym.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:06 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Pvt e-mail me, I stayed there for 3 nights in Oct. Have pics on my flickr photos album if you want a quick look.

Last edited by thezipper; Feb 6, 2014 at 11:05 am Reason: update URL
Old Dec 19, 2003, 1:33 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
I use Hyatt Osaka for all trips to Kansai. Simply, a great hotel and very quiet, train ride to center of Osaka fairly easy. On my last stay I booked a package for 20,000 yen/night (about $186) for a trip last month; included room, service charge, dinner, breakfast, drink service (only one) and fitness club fee. Regular room rate during my stay was 20,000 yen/night for room only. Hotels' packages are on hotel's website accessed from Hyatt search. Rooms big, service is great. Goldpassport members get complimentary coffee, juice and papers in the morning. Manhattan Bar on lobby level has happy hour specials (all you can drink for one hour at 3,500 yen) and it includes a Cuban cigar, what a deal. They chip ice for your drinks by hand and rinse out glasses with bottled water. World Trade Center next door has good restaurants on 46th/47th floor. If you have a specific question, let me know.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for great inputs.

just booked 2 nights for 140,000. dont see package available though.

will be travelling with JR Pass, using Shinkansen. I understand Shin-Osaka is only one station away from this hotel ?

How far it is to the Aquarium ? (my must-visit place in Osaka. had done the temples before, enough for me)
Old Dec 19, 2003, 4:14 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
Aquarium is off the Technoport line, direct shot from hotel to Osaks Aquarium- easy. Hyatt has a great access map, I think it is on the hotel's website, otherwise pick up map from front desk. Also check out the Osaka Wine Museum walking distance to hotel. Save your money and don't pay for the observatory deck at the World Trade Center- go to floor 47 or so, head towards end of hallway to look out windows. Great views from men's and women's bathrooms. A bit scary I know this stuff about the bathroom view, eh? It was passed on to me by United pilot.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 8:52 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
The hotel is quite a ways from Shin-Osaka -- at least 20 minutes via the Osaka circle line and then a transfer to subway/technoport line (that's 3 trains). It is NOT terribly convenient, but it is a very nice hotel. At only 5000 GP points a night it is a real steal in Japan. The Aquarium is several stops from the hotel (depending on which station you use from the hotel) it is quite easy to get to (get there early) and well worth the stop. I am not near my Japan maps so I can't give more specifics, sorry. I have stayed there 4-5 times and will be there again in January.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 8:21 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two nights for Y140,000 sounds way too pricey for this hotel, unless you are in a suite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.