Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Atlanta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveholt
Regency Club lounge hours (closed as of 4/22 due to COVID)
  • Open: Daily 6:00am-9:00pm
  • Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-9:30am
  • Evening: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm (1 free drink during 5-7pm happy hour; otherwise alcohol for purchase)
  • Information as of 8-May-2019
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:38 pm
Used to be hamajicky

I forgot to mention that downtown atl will be super busy July 11-14. That's when the americasmart semi annual gift show will be going on. Watch out for lots of middle aged women with frosted hair and animal prints pushing rolling suitcases all over downtown.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
To answer a couple of questions:

You will probably get upgraded to a corner king or club level.

Club is open on the weekend just no food service besides drinks. Breakfast is the buffet in the lobby which is really good.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Just completed an excellent stay -- go tupgraded to a club level business king with separate couch/divider. Perfectly fine. Breakfast was excellent and I dipped into the club for cold drinks.

Heading back in a month for a MR and a Braves game...they treat Diamonds great!
Old May 2, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
They just announced that the iconic revolving rooftop Polaris restaurant will be re-opened for the first time since it was closed 10 years ago. Quoting from the AJC article:

"In its day, Polaris was a symbol of Atlanta’s tremendous cultural and economic growth,” Peter McMahon, the Hyatt’s general manager, said in the release. “Now Polaris is coming back as the city is buzzing with new projects, revived neighborhoods and unprecedented tourism.”

The hotel said the restaurant will source ingredients locally as well as from its rooftop garden. It also will get honey from its bee garden.

The Hyatt has spent tens of millions of dollars in recent years to renovate the iconic Atlanta hotel, which was designed by famed architect John Portman and opened in 1967."
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Dettmann1
To answer a couple of questions:

You will probably get upgraded to a corner king or club level.

Club is open on the weekend just no food service besides drinks. Breakfast is the buffet in the lobby which is really good.
So just to clear it up, the club is open every day for drinks but the diamond breakfast is comped in the restaurant? I saw some conflicting info between this post and 2013 so just wanted to have a clear picture. Heading here next weekend and will also update. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ronbo83
So just to clear it up, the club is open every day for drinks but the diamond breakfast is comped in the restaurant? I saw some conflicting info between this post and 2013 so just wanted to have a clear picture. Heading here next weekend and will also update. Thanks
I was there a few days ago and breakfast was not offered in the restaurant. The club breakfast was very sufficient though.

I was disappointed to discover they apparently don't issue HGP points for the $$ spent on alcohol at the rooftop bar and the lobby bar. All other things being equal, they just become another bar to choose from in downtown ATL. Maybe the city of ATL or state of GA prohibit points for alcohol consumption. Those HGP points I hypothetically lost will cost me a lot less than what they could gain if I go elsewhere to consume adult beverages.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Catching up on some stay reviews.

We were given a complementary room upgrade to a large corner suite which was great for the long weekend. The door was open when we arrived however and I figured it was because the door doesn't shut very well unless you pull on it. The first impression I had was how old this hotel felt. The club was fine and provided free sodas and snacks. There was no free breakfast downstairs but the lounge did have a few things. We ended up in the restaurant downstairs and the buffet was pretty good. Better than most other typical Hyatts.

The parking situation was the worst I have ever encountered. One would wonder if they have ever performed a valet parking service before. I am hoping this is due to the construction in the valet area downstairs but the staff was slow and no one seemed to be in a hurry. Lines quickly built up and we learned to come down earlier than normal to get our car to be on time. For the $32 per night for valet, I expect the service to at least be functional.

Great location and would stay again for a cheap rate (<$100) without a car.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Stayed here for a conference in Atlanta. Overall a good stay but the pillows were too soft. Should have brought my own. Really fancy hotel. One thing that shocked me was the hotel restaurant had gluten free options, including gluten free bread as a starter. Such a nice surprise. Really great experience overall but it sucked that WiFi was not included, had to go to lobby to get it for free. I realize this is common especially in downtown hotels to charge extra for this service. Elevators were really cool, clear glass and able to get great views of hotel.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Just completed a 3 night stay for a conference, and I'll tell you; this Hyatt is absolutely the opposite of what it was prior to the renovation. IMHO, it is the nicest Hyatt convention property in the country. Service was beyond outstanding CONSISTENTLY throughout the hotel (starting from check in when I got the points AND amenity due to no Crown suites being available due to sell out). Convention services/banquet staff outstanding. 22 stories staff outstanding (I was wearing my Royal blue cheering on the home team on one TV, when the manager came over and switched on an additional TV in front of me). Hotel VERY clean--didn't used to be, but it has turned a tide in housekeeping. Regency Club is outstanding, although I wish they did have cocktails, or at least advertised/posted that they did. I stayed on the 21st floor and think the housekeeper was as detailed as any I've ever seen "Edith". Market is a perfect place to grab a sandwich, salad or beer or wine to go. Honestly, my expectations were low, as they typically are at convention hotels for me (just finished a very mediocre stay at the Sheraton New Orleans), but this one was as good as any.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Had a one night stay here last week - 22nd floor room in the international tower which offered walkway access to an adjoining building with the Regency Club. I had a small salad on arrival. For breakfast in the morning, they had some type of breakfast burrito (I did not try those). I just had some cereal and a bagel, along with some juice, which is plenty to start my day.

For this stay I was assigned a room right across from the elevator (early check-in again, so don't expect them to honor my profile) but I did not hear the elevator once during my stay, so whatever soundproofing they have in place here is surely working and everything with the room was perfect.

Regency Club:

Not much of a view from this room, but the area is full of tall buildings

Lobby:

World of Coca Cola and CNN are just a few blocks away.

More photos linked below.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
$79 rates for the holiday week around Xmas. Just booked 12/23 and 12/26 to get the last two stays I need for diamond.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Sounds like from 2014 reports that Diamond breakfast has moved back to the lounge, can anyone confirm? Or is Diamond breakfast in the restaurant only on weekends?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:57 am

Back in October it was lounge only for diamond breakfast.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
DragonCon

This is a host hotel for Dragon Con, a Con that takes place over labor day weekend each year in 5 downtown Atlanta Hotels (and some of the America's Mart buildings). So I've not stayed there yet (good luck getting a room for the weekend), but as a venue this is an excellent hotel when there are 10s of thousands of people around and better then the Marriott and Hilton for traffic flows.

If you are there for some other reason, it's worth looking around the conference areas if you can, there are 3 more floors below the main lobby floor and quite a network of rooms at the bottom level connecting to the international tower which has even more rooms off the subbasement.

It does explain why the MARTA line runs so deep.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
I've now stayed at the Hyatt Regency, 4 nights for DragonCon 2016.

Staying on the Club floor means you have access to the International Tower which means more options for Elevators. The Club room was extremely busy but they did a good job restocking frequently.

We're booked again for next year, It's a great hotel even when there every room is full of 2-4 people and there is a HUGE mass of people on the main floor until the wee hours of the night. The room design that we were in was great for buffering out the noise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.