Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas Saadiyat Island REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by StrophariaCube
Good idea to split. But I think rather than moving from one remote place to the next, we will go to a fancy and more lively place in Dubai afterwards. Will very likely come with EK anyway...
In that case, if you want to stay within the Hyatt brand, can recommend the Grand Hyatt (huge selection of F+B outlets). Of course, Dubai has a plethora of good value 5* options.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:10 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
This property isn't bad for doing nothing.... and May is still just in time for that. But essentially you are a bit captive at the hotel due to the location (remote and AUH not really being interesting).

Still in 10 days you will have seen all the restaurants about 3 times, that would be a bit much for me. Even thouhg I liked dining right at the beach. But 5 days for a beach location is normally my max....
@Restaurants there are some other around, to name them the St. regis, the Monte Carlo Beach Club, the Fanr and the Golf Club.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
On-property now nearing the end of a 5-night stay. I am here for an event at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC). The hotel is 25-30 minutes away from ADNEC by taxi, but that doesn't bother me. The Hyatt Capital Gate would have been much more convenient (it's at ADNEC), but it was 3X (!) the price. Taxis are inexpensive here (at least by NY or London standards that I am used to) - equivalent of $12-13 for that ride to ADNEC. However, taxis are not on standby since it is a remote location, so you need to call ahead for one (no big deal - just something to make part of the routine). When coming back at night, I always gave an extra 10AED above a normal 10%-ish tip since it is remote and unlikely the driver would get a return fare back to Abu Dhabi.

Coming from NY in a bitterly cold and snowy winter, the beach location is quite welcome. I took an extra day (today) and I spent the morning on the beach and a couple of hours at the pool. The beach is very nice and it is VERY wide (relatively long distance from the hotel to the water). The pool is heated, but not overly so. Neither the beach nor the pool are crowded today - not a problem getting lounge chairs at either location.

Check-in: no formal recognition of Diamond status, but acknowledgement that I was using a Diamond suite upgrade. Offered amenity or points (took the points as I almost always do).

Room: 375, very nice suite. Spacious living room, comfortable, well-appointed. Identical to an earlier poster's photos. Two balconies facing the beach/Gulf. Downside: view is largely obstructed by beachfront villas. In the future I will try to confirm a higher floor (there are 6 floors in this part of the hotel). There was a large bowl of fresh fruit and a card from the GM (printed, not handwritten) on the living room table.

Breakfast: In the Café. Buffet with good selection. Never a problem with seating, inside or out. Not sure if they offer made-to-order eggs as I wasn't offered any, but I don't eat eggs so no big deal. I'm a cereal and fresh fruit for breakfast person and I had many options. No check to sign - just give your room number when entering and you're done.

Beach House: I had a nice lunch there today. Reasonable selections and the prices are OK ($15-20 for appetizers/salads, mains are more but I didn't have one).

Poolside: Didn't order food or drinks (actually, no one ever came to me during almost two hours there), but the menu looked OK (mixture of local and international things - falafel, burgers, pasta, etc.).

Library: Had a glass of wine there last night. Comfortable and quiet.

Laundry: Relatively inexpensive v. other parts of the world. I only mention it because I had a sport jacket cleaned as I noticed a stain. Not only did it come back stain-free, but the "made in" whatchamacallit for hanging on hooks had come undone and the cleaner repaired it without asking (or charging). Nice touch.

I will probably have dinner on-property before my late-night flight tonight and I will add details if I do.

As earlier posters have said, the location is remote. However, given that the ADNEC Hyatt was so expensive and my only other choices would have been the Aloft (at ADNEC) or Park Rotana (10-minute taxi to ADNEC) - and both more $ - I am happy I was able to get 5 nights of credit at Hyatt early in the year and the GP points (and the promotional bonus points eventually as well).
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:54 pm

They serve made to order eggs, just ask your waiter or just walk up to the open kitchen behind the warm buffet.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Am on property now. I had won a voucher for two free nights at the PH Abu Dhabi while attending the Hyatt Do in London last October and applied that to this stay. I did a revenue night for the first night (husband's corporate rate kept the price to a reasonable level) and applied a suite upgrade to the revenue night. They kept us in the suite for all 3 nights, even though the 2 free nights were only supposed to be in a sea view room.

Upon check in they upgraded us even more - to a beach front villa. WOW! Fantastic. The villa is larger than many NY apartments! First, you enter through a doorway into a small private courtyard, planted with local desert flora. Entry into the suite is through large double doors, but there is also a separate side entrance that takes you into a kitchen and outdoor shower area, through which you can also access the suite.

The suite is very large. A lovely sitting room, with sliding doors to a private patio and plunge pool. The water in the plunge pool is gloriously warm - not too warm, though - just glorious. A lovely large lounging bed, and table with 4chairs/umbrella plus a smaller "cocktail table" and two chairs finish off this space.

The bedroom is huge - large king bed and chaise lounger. Big sliding glass door leads in to the bathroom, with soaking tub and shower, enclosed toilet/bidet, and double sinks. You can access the large closet from either the bathroom or inner hallway.

There is also a guest toilet, and a small kitchen equipped with a refrigerator/freezer and an oven (although why anyone would want to cook is beyond me ..... and there are no pots or pans in any case!). A Nespresso machine and tea kettle are available, along with all the necessary stuff to make tea/coffee. The fridge is full of "mini bar" stuff - not sure if it is complimentary or you have to pay because I don't see a price list anywhere.

I'm loving the private patio/plunge pool. Sitting beside it while writing this, with the sun going down .... lovely.

Even better knowing that that the three nights cost us less than $200 US (corporate rate for the first night!).

As many have mentioned, the resort is remote and away from the main city of AUH. Thus, you are a bit captive for food, etc. The hotel restaurants are quite pricey ...but given that we made out like bandits on the cost of the room, we are not feeling too bad about paying for nice dinners!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Wow, what an upgrade!!!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Am on property now. I had won a voucher for two free nights at the PH Abu Dhabi while attending the Hyatt Do in London last October and applied that to this stay. I did a revenue night for the first night (husband's corporate rate kept the price to a reasonable level) and applied a suite upgrade to the revenue night. They kept us in the suite for all 3 nights, even though the 2 free nights were only supposed to be in a sea view room.

Upon check in they upgraded us even more - to a beach front villa. WOW! Fantastic. The villa is larger than many NY apartments! First, you enter through a doorway into a small private courtyard, planted with local desert flora. Entry into the suite is through large double doors, but there is also a separate side entrance that takes you into a kitchen and outdoor shower area, through which you can also access the suite.

The suite is very large. A lovely sitting room, with sliding doors to a private patio and plunge pool. The water in the plunge pool is gloriously warm - not too warm, though - just glorious. A lovely large lounging bed, and table with 4chairs/umbrella plus a smaller "cocktail table" and two chairs finish off this space.

The bedroom is huge - large king bed and chaise lounger. Big sliding glass door leads in to the bathroom, with soaking tub and shower, enclosed toilet/bidet, and double sinks. You can access the large closet from either the bathroom or inner hallway.

There is also a guest toilet, and a small kitchen equipped with a refrigerator/freezer and an oven (although why anyone would want to cook is beyond me ..... and there are no pots or pans in any case!). A Nespresso machine and tea kettle are available, along with all the necessary stuff to make tea/coffee. The fridge is full of "mini bar" stuff - not sure if it is complimentary or you have to pay because I don't see a price list anywhere.

I'm loving the private patio/plunge pool. Sitting beside it while writing this, with the sun going down .... lovely.

Even better knowing that that the three nights cost us less than $200 US (corporate rate for the first night!).

As many have mentioned, the resort is remote and away from the main city of AUH. Thus, you are a bit captive for food, etc. The hotel restaurants are quite pricey ...but given that we made out like bandits on the cost of the room, we are not feeling too bad about paying for nice dinners!
The Bechhouse is reasonable priced and I mentioned the Golf Course and the Fanr earlier.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by peter42
The Bechhouse is reasonable priced and I mentioned the Golf Course and the Fanr earlier.
Hmmmm. I guess if you are on an expense account the BeachHouse is reasoanably priced!

But, $US30 for an appetizer sized salad is a bit steep in my book! And, $US7 for a 200ml diet coke is also a bit steep.

Agreed, that for a PH the prices are reasonable, but for the average Joe, this is not a cheap place for food.

But, as I said, given that we got a great deal on the room, and are very grateful for that, we don't mind spending a bit more on the food. And, the food so far has been very nice.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:42 am

Everything so far at the AUH PH has been wonderful. The staff are lovely, and attentive; the room is fabulous; the beach is gorgeous, and the sand is so soft and velvety. The sea is a beautiful blue; the pools are very sleek; the decor is very elegant.... I could go on and on.

The only thing I have found that is not up to par is the rollaway bed for our 12yr old. It is so rock hard it is like sleeping on a slab or marble. I am not kidding. It has absolutely no "give" in it whatsoever. It is so bad that she crawled into bed with us. Thank goodness for king size beds!

We asked housekeeping if they could do anything about it, and they brought a fluffy duvet to put over the mattress. Made not a speck of difference! I am thinking "the Princess and thePea" ... i.e. would need 100 duvets to make even a slight difference.

Tonight, they are going to make up the Chaise Lounge in the living room as a bed for her. That is nice and soft and cushy, so it will be fine.

This is about the only thing I can find that is not fantastic about this place.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Everything so far at the AUH PH has been wonderful. The staff are lovely, and attentive; the room is fabulous; the beach is gorgeous, and the sand is so soft and velvety. The sea is a beautiful blue; the pools are very sleek; the decor is very elegant.... I could go on and on.
Glad the hotel are treating you well. Any chance of pictures of your villa?

Re. food, you won't be popular with the hotel, but you could order in using foodonclick.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:18 am

Hmmmm. I guess if you are on an expense account the BeachHouse is reasoanably priced!

But, $US30 for an appetizer sized salad is a bit steep in my book! And, $US7 for a 200ml diet coke is also a bit steep.

Agreed, that for a PH the prices are reasonable, but for the average Joe, this is not a cheap place for food.

But, as I said, given that we got a great deal on the room, and are very grateful for that, we don't mind spending a bit more on the food. And, the food so far has been very nice.
@Beachhouse: The tampas we had were nowhere near $30. One liter of San Peligrino was 25AED AFAIR. And no I was not there on expense! Of course we are still talking about a PH...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:20 am

The only thing I have found that is not up to par is the rollaway bed for our 12yr old. It is so rock hard it is like sleeping on a slab or marble. I am not kidding. It has absolutely no "give" in it whatsoever. It is so bad that she crawled into bed with us. Thank goodness for king size beds!

We asked housekeeping if they could do anything about it, and they brought a fluffy duvet to put over the mattress. Made not a speck of difference! I am thinking "the Princess and thePea" ... i.e. would need 100 duvets to make even a slight difference.

Tonight, they are going to make up the Chaise Lounge in the living room as a bed for her. That is nice and soft and cushy, so it will be fine.

This is about the only thing I can find that is not fantastic about this place.

The rollaways are really hard, thats true, in our suite we used the couch instead.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: A few

since when was PH target market "the average Joe"?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Since they made it so easy to rack up free nights through credit cards
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
since when was PH target market "the average Joe"?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by peter42
@Beachhouse: The tampas we had were nowhere near $30. One liter of San Peligrino was 25AED AFAIR. And no I was not there on expense! Of course we are still talking about a PH...

The food was very nice and for a PH was certainly not overpriced. And the cocktails, at $15US were what we would pay in NYC for a cocktail, so that's something to be happy about

I just find $30 for a salad a bit steep anywhere!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.