Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

110,000 Gold Passport points raffle at Passports with Purpose

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some

Passports with Purpose is a nonprofit travel blogger annual fundraiser for humanitarian projects. This year the project is building two libraries in Zambia with the organization Room to Read.

Hyatt Gold Passport has sponsored my Loyalty Traveler blog with a donation of 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points to be raffled through the Passports with Purpose event happening from November 30-December 16, 2011.

110,000 points is sufficient for 5 nights at a top category Hyatt like Park Hyatt Maldives or Park Hyatt Paris Vendome or even 22 nights at the Bali Hyatt Indonesia.

There are dozens of travel items being raffled at Passports with Purpose.

Donors can purchase $10 raffle tickets and select any item in the Passports with Purpose raffle for a ticket entry. $10 can enter you into the raffle for 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points or any of the other items you choose.

The Passports with Purpose goal is to raise $80,000 by December 16, 2011 for libraries in Zambia.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The website lists the value of the 110,000 points at $2,640 or 2.4 cents per point. May have to pay taxes on the prize if they issue you a 1099. It would be worth it if it only cost you $10 to win - plus you help out a good cause.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Passports with Purpose raffle ends at 11:59pm Pacific time tonight Dec 16.

We reached our goal of $80,000 during the past two weeks of donations.

You can still donate and enter the raffle for a chance to win 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points or any of about 100 other prizes you might want for a $10 donation.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I put a $10 raffle ticket on the Hyatt points. I like that they award the prizes just a few days after the contest is over.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Just received email that I won a prize! Am skeptical though as I usually never win anything... Any other winners?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anandrag
Just received email that I won a prize! Am skeptical though as I usually never win anything... Any other winners?
Congratulations! I don't think you need to be skeptical...it is a real raffle for a good cause.

And that's a great prize!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Congratulations! I don't think you need to be skeptical...it is a real raffle for a good cause.

And that's a great prize!
Actually won 4 nights at a hotel on HI...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.