Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Cypress/Anaheim REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Cypress/Anaheim REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:48 am
Suspended

Had a few stays here the last week and they weren't as bad as I expected from the posts above.

Prices varied from $59 to $104 per night for a "Traditional Room" and was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite each stay as a Diamond. At check in, the attendant asked me whether I wanted a full kitchen or mini kitchen; I chose the mini kitchen since it was a short stay, but may request the full another time to compare. Had plenty of space and decent lighting although the automated lights kept turning off on me when I didn't move around enough.

Minor problems included: kitchens were very dated and microwave looked ancient and barely worked, shower was slow draining, toaster didn't work in the breakfast bar, but with a refresh I think the property has potential.

Breakfast offered more than I expected - a nice mix of scrambled eggs with a very tasty salsa on the side, a different meat every day, potatoes, and pancakes plus a continental breakfast bar and several Japanese breakfast options (which looked very good but not my thing at 6:30am).

Staff was all very friendly and talkative. Seemed excited about now being a Hyatt and the upcoming changes.

And the great news is they said they were starting a major remodel in March/April (presumably in advance of turning into a Hyatt House). They said they would do the updates wing by wing to keep the property open and that the last update had been done in the mid-late 2000s (although they must not have updated the microwaves then!)

If you're looking for some more interesting dining options around here than Chili's, El Torito, and Red Robin, try looking slightly further and try Katella Deli, Los Alamitos Original Fish Company, Shenandoah, or Fortune Cookies which are all within about 3 miles.

Will definitely be back after the remodel to see if they fix the few problems, but in general, if the prices are about the same and if the location isn't a plus, I'd rather go with the LB Avia, OC Hyatt, or Irvine Hyatt until SS Cypress/Anaheim remodels. Still nice to have an acceptable Hyatt option now in Northern OC.

Last edited by oc2005; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:55 am
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:15 pm

Recent stays? Has improving trend continued? It's just about the only option for an upcoming business stay nearby. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
It has been quite a while since anyone reviewed this property on here. By comparison the Hyatt Place in Ontario is much nicer. The basic room is still very basic in Cypress. The one I stayed in was very small and no desk as mentioned. The bed is very comfortable and it had a large bathroom. I have stayed in the one-bedroom suite many times. Its nice to have a big table to spread out all your work material. I think this is a nice hotel. It seems to sell out every night so the parking lot is packed at night. If you have to rent a car try to get a small one. The staff is very nice. The entire area has a shortage of hotel rooms. Hyatt is building two new ones near Disney. Supposedly the entire industry fell behind during the recession and now they are all racing to catch up all over So Cal. The guests are a mix of business and tourists. It is in the middle of a business park and there are many restaurants. I'm sure you can find your favorites nearby. I was there laying in bed when we had a big earthquake earlier this year. It was shaking and swaying, I heard people screaming outside. The building held up fine. I guess I'm used to it. I stayed in bed.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Remodel complete

Had an overnight here this past weekend.

Staff is very friendly/ My Diamond status was acknowledged. A nice upgrade to a full suite (very large) and HGP posted the next day.

I am VERY impressed by the reno they did since my last stay. My suite had a great kitchen/dining area, a very comfortable lounge area (with a sofa bed)good sized bedroom and a huge bathroom- double vanity sinks outside and shower toilet behind a door -which was big enough for an ADA bathroom but was fitted out with regular fixtures.

Breakfast was the typical Hyatt House b'fast but also had miso soup and rice in a steamer (lots of Japanese companies in the area) and (razy busy) omelette station.

Parking in the large lot is free

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

I look forward to returning soon
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here? Considering it vs. HH Irvine/John wayne Airport for an upcoming stay both look similar and are Cat 2 (looking for a Cat 2 good property in LA).
Old Feb 3, 2024, 9:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'm here now, in the middle of a three-night stay, visiting friends who live nearby. I am very familiar with the area and always chuckle when I see "Anaheim" in the property's name as it is really nowhere near there from all practical intents and purposes.

Property is a three story building with a central courtyard and pool (the later of which is locked off during non-pool hours to prevent excessive noise, I suspect). The overall condition of the hotel is very good and well-kept and cleaned. The floors are a mix of rooms, one bedrooms (the majority) and a few larger suites, +- 175 rooms in total. As a Globalist, I was upgraded from the base King Room to a King Suite on the top floor facing the courtyard (all of things I requested). It's very roomy and spacious, but the aforementioned lack of a desk and office chair was problematic for the one day I spent working remotely. The full kitchen was nice, but there's no dishwasher. The desk and kitchen items would make this a no-go for me for longer, extended stays.

Bath products are the standard KennetMD bar soap and wall-mounted shampoo, conditioner, and body wash (I brought my own toiletries). Miso soup and sticky white rice remain a part of the breakfast buffet, but no sign of the omelet station. Pretty standard fare, for the most part. WiFi is a pokey 10 mbps up/down but was enough to work via my VDI. Parking is free (at least for me) and there's several entrances and elevators so it's pretty easy to park in a space that's not too far from the room. Several rooms on the ground floor exit directly into the parking lot and I would want nothing to do with them, given the total lack of privacy and tranquility. Staff has been very friendly and responsive to pre-arrival requests sent via SMS.

The rate is decent, location not so convenient but at least safe and quiet. Lots of restaurants and stores in the area. I like the overall design and layout of the ex-Woodfin/Summerfield properties over the smaller Amerisuites (San Ramon) properties.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 3, 2024 at 10:03 am
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:06 am

12K a night is decent? Ouch. The location isn’t great, it’s a basic HH not frills. I just don’t see the rate as decent when there’s properties like Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Just up the coast where it’s also 12k a night.

I think HH Cypress fits perfectly into Category 2.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Rate = cash
Award = points
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Rate = cash
Award = points
So rate can’t also mean an award stay? For me I’d say “the paid rate is decent”.

Having stayed here myself twice in the last two years, I’d definitely say it’s worth maybe $100 a night on the high end. I’ve found rates of $120 at the Hyatt Regency OC not far away, and now there’s also the Hyatt Regency Irvine too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.