Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

10GPX2 - Double points at "southeast" US Hyatts - thru 4/24/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.

Agreed, usually better to ask for the G bonus ex post facto.

In that same line, new bonus for southeast USA participating properties 10GPX2. T&C are below. Tried using it at Grand Hyatt Tampa and it comes up with a rate increase over what I was going to pay, so will make the reservation then add it later, but prior to the say.

Stay at any participating Hyatt hotel from Ohio to Florida and earn double Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points. Plus, receive 10% off at participating hotel restaurants and bars. Book now for stays through April 24, 2011, and request Offer Code 10GPX2.

Terms & Conditions
Offer valid January 19, 2011 to April 24, 2011, at participating Hyatt hotels. Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Guest must request Offer Code 10GPX2 at the time of reservation and check-in to receive bonus points. Hyatt Gold Passport members must choose points for their stay and pay an Eligible Rate. An "Eligible Rate" is any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com or any Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Partner website, prevailing rack rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates, etc. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt Vacation Club™ stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Only one bonus may be redeemed per member, per stay. This promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Please allow 6 – 8 weeks after travel is completed for Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points to be credited to your account. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2011 Hyatt Corporation.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Is there anywhere to find a list of participating properties?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
try this

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/..._cofi1_NOAM_en
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
This is the most underwhelming Hyatt promo I've come across. Let's see...150 extra GP points for a Diamond on a $100 stay, if I'm doing the math right.

Sounds like a Hilton promo.

Now if they double the G bonus as well....now you're talking.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Explore
This is the most underwhelming Hyatt promo I've come across. Let's see...150 extra GP points for a Diamond on a $100 stay, if I'm doing the math right.
I guess I don't understand your math then. A $100 stay would result in 500 base points. Double points to me means that 1000 points (500 + 500) are earned, plus Diamond bonus of 30% on the base points.

Not a promo that would make me go out of my way to book extra stays, but if I were to stay at one of those properties, it would be better than that proverbial poke with a sharp stick.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Interesting that they consider Ohio the Southeast!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond 4MM, Hyatt CC, Marriott PP/LT Plat, AA ExPlat, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I guess I don't understand your math then. A $100 stay would result in 500 base points. Double points to me means that 1000 points (500 + 500) are earned, plus Diamond bonus of 30% on the base points.

Not a promo that would make me go out of my way to book extra stays, but if I were to stay at one of those properties, it would be better than that proverbial poke with a sharp stick.
Unfortunately the fine print says double BONUS points, not double base points. I think in your example you would get 500 base points plus double the 30% bonus for an adiitional 300 points, so only 800 total.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I think NotQuiteAff has the corrct calculation for double base points = 10 base points/$1.

Hotel loyalty promotion 2x, 3x, 4x offers use base points as multiplier.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by satori
I think NotQuiteAff has the corrct calculation for double base points = 10 base points/$1.

Hotel loyalty promotion 2x, 3x, 4x offers use base points as multiplier.
Again, the terms say double BONUS points, not double base points.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: WN-CP,A-list; Hyatt Globalist; HH Gold; Hertz 5 Star; Delta
It does indeed say double BONUS points. It would be difficult to classify this as a generous promotion, but every little bit helps. So on a $150/night room, base would be 750 points, with bonus of 225 (x2) for a GRAND TOTAL of 1,200 points. I had to reread it a couple of times, but that's indeed what it says.

Oh, and don't forget the 10% off restaurant charges...

Quick, do the math. Is it better to save the 10% or pay and get the double bonus points for the restaurant charges?

Fortunately, I'll get the bonus points for the closed-on-weekend RC and the Hyatt Visa bonus points for the applicable stay.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Maui4me
Unfortunately the fine print says double BONUS points, not double base points. I think in your example you would get 500 base points plus double the 30% bonus for an adiitional 300 points, so only 800 total.
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't just a poorly (mis-)worded promo text. I don't think it makes sense to double bonus points. No where does it specify that you have to be an elite to actually receive a bonus (and thus doubled bonus).

I have no personal interest in this promo at the moment, but if you're in doubt (and interested), maybe ping the GP Concierge here on FT.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:14 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't just a poorly (mis-)worded promo text. I don't think it makes sense to double bonus points. No where does it specify that you have to be an elite to actually receive a bonus (and thus doubled bonus).

I have no personal interest in this promo at the moment, but if you're in doubt (and interested), maybe ping the GP Concierge here on FT.
I would agree with this assessment of the wording - travel companies often use the wording double BONUS to indicate that the doubling goes into BONUS rather than BASE category (eg most airline double miles go into bonus rather base / EQMs unless specified otherwise).
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:01 am
Suspended

Perhaps the Gold Passport Lurker might want to opine?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:36 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

The G bonus codes are eligible for this rate. The rate is supposed to post as an eligible stay for this promotion. If the hotel posts this as an ineligible stay to your account, please PM us your details, as we will be happy to correct the stay posting.

The promotion is based off of the rate tied into the promotion. It is not a valid promotion with any other rates or discount offers.

The double points are posted off of the base earning of points for the stay. They will post as an additional bonus with the stay.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The G bonus codes are eligible for this rate. The rate is supposed to post as an eligible stay for this promotion. If the hotel posts this as an ineligible stay to your account, please PM us your details, as we will be happy to correct the stay posting.

The promotion is based off of the rate tied into the promotion. It is not a valid promotion with any other rates or discount offers.

The double points are posted off of the base earning of points for the stay. They will post as an additional bonus with the stay.

Sincerely,

Nick B.
With due respect, this is not entirely clear. Are bonus points awarded on the base points as well as the elite bonus points - so a Diamond earning 500 base plus 150 bonus will receive a promotion bonus of 650 points? If there is a G2 bonus, will the Diamond member receive the G2 plus an additional 2,000 points as a promotion bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.