Wiki Posts
Search

Gx bonuses link (How to find?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; UA 1K
Gx bonuses link (How to find?)

I may be going crazy, but the old link to the Gx bonuses is no longer working? http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...p?icamp=GP3008

Does anyone have the new one? The only one I could find is for Hyatt Places: http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/place/spe...nus-offers.jsp.

Sorry if this has already been discussed... the link isn't in the Promos thread either

[EDIT: http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/hyatt/...RIT_CODE&Nty=1 is where to find the Gx bonus - need to narrow it down geographically to the area you are interested in. Alternatively, take a look under the "Special Offers" tab of the property you are interested in - Sorry about the hijack of the post - but this needs to be in the first post]

Last edited by peteropny; Jan 13, 2011 at 6:10 pm
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: SWA CP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Amb.
Looks like with the changes to the Hyatt website, you may have to go through that god-awful list to browse all the properties. If you know your particular property, the alternative would be go go to hyatt.com, click special offers, search for your property and the bonus should be listed in the result.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I wish Hyatt would admit they blew it and ruined things that worked very well in the old version. My bank just did a redesign of its site, and now I can only see 2-weeks of transactions in any account instead of each full month! Who are the idiots who redesign these sites and make them less useful? Who are the execs who approve these changes? Obviously they never use their own sites!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
I thought is was just me a few minutes ago. I am missing a G bonus for the HR Tampa went looking on the site to confirm the amount and could find no links to the summary by state like the old version. You can search by city to find bonuses but it is a vast downgrade to the prior setup (unless I am missing something obvious).
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by BBFD
I thought is was just me a few minutes ago. I am missing a G bonus for the HR Tampa went looking on the site to confirm the amount and could find no links to the summary by state like the old version. You can search by city to find bonuses but it is a vast downgrade to the prior setup (unless I am missing something obvious).
Actually, you can search by state as well as city, it just isn't quite as obvious. On the GP home page, click on the "Hyatt Gold Passport Exclusives" tab; the next page will show the default search results. At the top left fillable box just type in the state you want and search. Make sure the box "Hyatt Gold Passport Offers" under INTERESTS is checked and a list of bonus offers by property will appear.

There may be a few pages of properties depending upon how many Hyatts are located in the state, similar to the previous format. Unlike the previous format, the current format does not list the specfic offer code (G1, G2, etc), just how many bonus points are awarded and to further complicate things the offer tab must be selected to see what days of the week the offer pertains to, unlike the previous format which summarized all the pertinent info on the front page.

All in all the new format seems to me much inferior. And I don't think it's just the process of getting acclimated either.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: status-less.
I was hoping they had come to their senses when this abomination was launched the first time and then was rolled back to the original, actually functional version. Perhaps if we all call CS and/or send PMs to Gold Passport Concierge to complain they'll get the hint?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by jtaft
I was hoping they had come to their senses when this abomination was launched the first time and then was rolled back to the original, actually functional version. Perhaps if we all call CS and/or send PMs to Gold Passport Concierge to complain they'll get the hint?
You mean our critiques on the thread announcing the great changes would not have been enough for corporate lurkers to get the message?!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
I don't understand why they changed. It used to be easy to find out the bonuses and the days they applied. I have a stay coming in Cologne - G2 bonus but nowhere do I see which day it applies...and it took me a long search to find the new section for bonus, then the property, then the terms...

HYATT - Please can we have the old system back: one clear table by continent/country/property showing the bonus and which day it is valid. I have several stays coming and I will have to write to GP to get the information.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I agree that the new design is much more cumbersome for finding G Bonus offers.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
I don't like this change at all, and agree with Windward Side of Life, I don't think it is just the facts of getting used to it.

Is it possible to save your credit card info? If so, could someone tell me how - I seem to not be able to find it!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM '04; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by satori
I agree that the new design is much more cumbersome for finding G Bonus offers.
^^
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:06 pm
pdb

I've emailed CS with my comments and suggest that others do likewise. I also took the opportunity on a telephone call to GP CS to ask the rep to pass along the observation. (Per the Rep, it was important to merge the Hyatt.com and Goldpassport.com website platforms. Too bad they didn't have the good sense to do extended beta testing with frequent users.)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I am hating this new website...I can't find anything.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
+1. Another Diamond disappointed in the new website. At least they should bring back the old Gx bonus page.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I was told by a rep in Consumer Affairs that there are no plans to change the web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.