Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Planning a trip that (finally!) has Hyatt options - so expect a rash of stupid questions. Apologies in advance. Here's number 1.

When I look for availability on points in NYC why do the Category 6 hotels show as "35,000 Points or Average Daily rate from...". The PH just says "Points or Average Daily rate from...".

Surely it's 25,000 points for Cat 6? (I booked a night in the PH and that deducted 30,000 as I expected.)
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:41 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by yaromac
But staying at the Park Hyatt Toronto on a DSU (booked before lost diamond status). Will I get breakfast and spa/gym access as I'm staying in a suite, or not?
Being in a suite typically won't be the answer unless the hotel has an individual policy to do so.
The answer may lie in if the hotel or third party requires daily fees for usage
Almost always that's waived for Diamonds however Hyatt La Jolla in San Diego is one sad example that even charges Diamonds so YMMV!
Best to call to be clear of individual policy by calling the hotel directly
Typically not having Diamond status means no breakfast unless included in rate plan or the hotel provided it as did or does
the Grand Hyatt Berlin when booking a suite. I call those generally the exceptions
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 20, 2015 at 10:50 am
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Planning a trip that (finally!) has Hyatt options - so expect a rash of stupid questions. Apologies in advance. Here's number 1.

When I look for availability on points in NYC why do the Category 6 hotels show as "35,000 Points or Average Daily rate from...". The PH just says "Points or Average Daily rate from...".

Surely it's 25,000 points for Cat 6? (I booked a night in the PH and that deducted 30,000 as I expected.)
Guess what? It's been corrected! Now shows 25k - and 30k for PH - as one would expect. Most odd.

*conspiracy theory alert*

Is there e devaluation in the offing??

/*conspiracy theory alert*
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just look at the thread about this.....
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Just look at the thread about this.....
Thank you.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Can someone help me understand how cash+points availability is different than just regular points availability? There's a hotel available for 20,000 points / night. We called to book cash + points.... the agent said not available, available for points only. Help! Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The points awards are "guaranteed" as long as a basic room is available, P+C doesn't have such a guarantee. Each property can decide when to offer P+C without any restrictions.

I've seen the same situation before. But I have been successful contacting the property directly and asking them to convert my points reservation to a P+C one. Don't ask GP to do it, but do it yourself. No guarantees though.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:30 pm

At the risk of being told to "just look at the thread" I'll venture another question...

Are all Diamond benefits accorded on award stays and, if not, which are not routinely offered?

Thanks in advance.

(PS. I did search - honestly I did. )
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes, they are... No different than a paid stay.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:26 pm

Thank you again. ^
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, Marriott, Starwood, Southwest
Just a quick question re room assignment... do I call/email GM or another person to request a particular room or floor? I'm not a Hyatt regular so I don't have any preferences noted in my account. I will be staying at PH Aviara.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I normally call customer service to make a more specific request unless I know someone at the property, and then I contact them.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Husband just got the Hyatt card and we want to book the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort in January.
My plan is to reserve the 2 nights we want then call to use the free nights once they post to his account, would this work?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by duranza
Husband just got the Hyatt card and we want to book the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort in January.
My plan is to reserve the 2 nights we want then call to use the free nights once they post to his account, would this work?
It's based on the award availability at the time the free nights are posted to his account. They can not switch it with a current reservation.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Stay Credit

I am planning a 2 night stay, and am curious as to whether I will be credited with a stay.

I plan to use my hyatt visa annual (renewal) free night award, and the second night will be paid. Given the first night doesn't qualify as a stay, and that the paid night will be the next day, I'm second guessing it.

I could reverse the order to have the paid night first, but the rate is higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.