Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:18 pm

Smile

Im planning on doing 8 nights at the Hyatt Andaz in Maui for middle of september, and was wondering what i should use/sign up for since this booking will cost me a few thousand.

I'm new to this hotel stuff, but I figured I should make the most of this expensive Hyatt stay. Free food, or upgrades, or free nights would be amazing and save me a bundle.

Any tips on what I should do? Or perks from signing up to something before booking?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:14 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by kngkelly
Im planning on doing 8 nights at the Hyatt Andaz in Maui for middle of september, and was wondering what i should use/sign up for since this booking will cost me a few thousand.

I'm new to this hotel stuff, but I figured I should make the most of this expensive Hyatt stay. Free food, or upgrades, or free nights would be amazing and save me a bundle.

Any tips on what I should do? Or perks from signing up to something before booking?
Welcome to Flyertalk and the Hyatt Forum/Gold Passport ^
We are glad you are here
If you are elite in another program you may wish to consider taking an elite challenge which could earn you free breakfast every morning and suite upgrades
if Diamond eligible
If not you may wish to take/sign up for a Hyatt Visa which comes with two free nights most anywhere in the world based on availability
That would certainly take care of a lot of extra breakfast and meals with two nights savings
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:49 pm

Thanks for the info!

Alrighty im super new to all of this, so bare with me.

I signed up to the Hyatt Gold Passport, seems to not do much.
That Hyatt Visa looks good with the 2 free nights, and it makes me a Platinum status. Not sure what platinum status does, from what I read its not much?

For this resort, I can only get my fancy free breakfast with Diamond status. Must.. Get... Diamond..

That Diamond matching thing you mentioned seems like the best way. And getting a high status from another chain is also done through signing up to a credit card. Is that the best way to go?

Last edited by kngkelly; Aug 25, 2014 at 12:11 am Reason: its all becoming clear
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:21 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thanks for the info!

Alrighty im super new to all of this, so bare with me.

I signed up to the Hyatt Gold Passport, seems to not do much.
That Hyatt Visa looks good with the 2 free nights, and it makes me a Platinum status. Not sure what platinum status does, from what I read its not much?

For this resort, I can only get my fancy free breakfast with Diamond status. Must.. Get... Diamond..

That Diamond matching thing you mentioned seems like the best way. And getting a high status from another chain is also done through signing up to a credit card. Is that the best way to go?
Pretty Much
Platinum status can in some hotels typically get a modest room upgrade at best. Perhaps some fellow Platinum's can chime in if its more significant
I would call Hyatt and see what elite tiers they match before proceeding
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Everything you need to know is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...n-11-10-a.html

Read the wiki and the last few pages and you will know what is required and what to do.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:55 am

AH, turns out I cant apply for any of these cards as I'm Canadian. I guess im pooched for Hyatt Diamond
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:26 pm

I tried searching this thread and others but couldn't find an answer (probably bad keywords)...

Say I want to use a DSU on a points+cash booking, and I can see that the standard suite IS available but a standard room is NOT (so it wouldn't be available for points+cash, but then again, I wouldn't be staying in / need that room anyway and the room I *would* end up in - the suite - IS available. Is it the case that, to do a DSU on a points+cash booking, the standard room must first be available for P+C and then you apply the DSU, or is there a chance of getting a suite booked for DSU+P+C despite a lack of standard room award inventory?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Currently enjoying the fruits of Diamond status as a trial, and will complete it next month. Blind luck lead us to a stay at a RH with no lounge, so our comp breakfast was in the restaurant. Chose the full buffet the first night, then individual entrees the following nights.

So it seems like the strategy should be to purposefully book stays at properties with no club lounge, is this correct? Since we haven't had breakfast in a lounge yet, maybe there's something we're missing out on.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by League
I tried searching this thread and others but couldn't find an answer (probably bad keywords)...
P+C + DSU inventory is not the same as the standard award inventory. It can be more limited than the generic DSU availability. So there's only one answer, you need to call. And you would need to do that anyway to book.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by LAXative
So it seems like the strategy should be to purposefully book stays at properties with no club lounge, is this correct? Since we haven't had breakfast in a lounge yet, maybe there's something we're missing out on.
Its really a matter of personal choice. As a rule, the restaurant offers more options than the lounge - but there are times when I personally prefer the lounge b/c its more casual, and Im able to come/go as a I please, etc...
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by League

Say I want to use a DSU on a points+cash booking, and I can see that the standard suite IS available but a standard room is NOT (so it wouldn't be available for points+cash, but then again, I wouldn't be staying in / need that room anyway and the room I *would* end up in - the suite - IS available. Is it the case that, to do a DSU on a points+cash booking, the standard room must first be available for P+C and then you apply the DSU, or is there a chance of getting a suite booked for DSU+P+C despite a lack of standard room award inventory?
You are always free to call, but the answer will be NO. They would need to have something to upgrade from with a DSU. If a standard room is not available, C&P cannot be booked to use a DSU. This has been confimed with a CSR, but Hyatt Concierge, please feel free to comment.

List in order of difficult to book (easiest to hardest):

1. Award night (in standard room)
2. MER
3. C&P
4. C&P + DSU

Last edited by thucanhho; Aug 26, 2014 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Hi all, I am trying to decide where to cash in my two free nights from the Chase Hyatt card. I am debating between PH Shanghai versus GH Shanghai. Does anyone know if it's possible to pay at either place to upgrade to a bund view room or pay to upgrade to a suite on an award stay? If so, how much?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Just want to get some clarification. If I have to call GP to get them to credit me with a closed club lounge bonus and a missing diamond amenity do I get 50% more points for both of those? I seem to remember reading about a 50% bonus somewhere but can't find mention of it now.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Just want to get some clarification. If I have to call GP to get them to credit me with a closed club lounge bonus and a missing diamond amenity do I get 50% more points for both of those? I seem to remember reading about a 50% bonus somewhere but can't find mention of it now.
Yes in the Diamond amenity - no on the closed club compensation.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:18 pm

Question about the Gold passport double your points rates. Does the rate on your invoice say "Double your points rate" or somthing like that?

Also does it double just your base points or also the 15% bonus platinum or 30% diamond bonues as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.