Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Naperville/Warrenville (Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt house (Summerfield) Naperville/Warrenville (Chicago) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:56 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally posted by Converse34 in another thread:

Hyatt Summerfield Suites Warrenville
Stay - 2 nights
Property Rating for the Chicago Suburbs - #1
Would definitely stay again

This property is brand new and had only been open about 2 weeks. It is located just off I-88 and next door to an also brand new Hyatt Place. Walking in, you still smell the NEW and there were very few guests in the hotel. The staff were so excited every time they saw us and couldn't wait to ask how we were enjoying our stay.

We were upgraded from a studio suite to a 1 bedroom suite. The front desk said we were likely the first people to stay in this room, how exciting! The rooms were beautiful. Living room area with flat screen, full kitchen including full size fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, and granite counter tops. There was even a little table to eat in the kitchen that would seat 4 people. The bedroom had a door to close off from the living room and also had a flat screen. Bathroom was huge and looked great.

The hotel has a 24 gym, pool, laundry, free business center, free wireless internet, full hot breakfast in the morning and evening snacks and drinks. We weren't able to take advantage of as many of these services as we would have liked, but they hotel has absolutely everything you need for a great stay.

The only downside is the location. There isn't much around and I think these were built for the BP offices close by, but I believe many people have now be transferred elsewhere. Still all and all the best stay in the Chicago Suburbs by far!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Bumping this thread because I need to stay in the area in mid-September. Any comparisons between the Summerfield Suites and the Hyatt Place next door? Rates are identical so I'm wondering which to chose for a short one night stay.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, National
I use to really like the Hyatt Place in Napierville until the manager was very rude to me. But for what its worth, both of the properties are brand new. I tend to like Hyatt Places, but, if you have issues there beware, you may not be compensated or even acknowledged.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Maybe someone can explain, but are all Hyatt House hotels like this one? I assumed they were designed for extended stays, but in the one bedroom there is no desk to work on. NONE. There is, as described above, a small table in the kitchen area, but hardly usable long term as a work area. Having just been at a new Marriott Residence Inn in CA, I assumed most hotels were like this, designed by travelers, with the room layout based on suggestions from business travelers. Not meaning to offend, but this one looks like it was designed by a housewife, more for families than for business.

I realize they want to appeal to families, but those are primarily weekend stays. If they had a few rooms designed this way, I could understand it. But I need to be in the Chicago area for several weeks, and this place looked great. But I can't work on a kitchen table, and I can't imagine how anyone could.

Can someone explain this goofy design?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.