Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR Curacao Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT (Independent)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HR Curacao Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT (Independent)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by jimi727
Thanks !!! I just booked the double bed & upgraded to the junior suite

The rate was 189 with Hyatt Free time which came out to 152 & change but I found a rate of 132.00 on aa.com so my final rate was 106.30

One last question .. Has anyone used teh all-inclusive option here ?

I was quoted a rate of 175 per person per night .. Wow

If I never left the table I dont think I could consume that much , is the food THAT expensive there ?
If I understand you correctly, you were able to use a rate from AA.com under the BRG and combine it with the FreeTime promo for the free night and free breakfast?
Old May 3, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
If you are Dia, then just pay as you go. The breakfast is Phenomenal!!! We had it 5 days straight and never got tired.
Great breakfast indeed^
Old May 6, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective
If I understand you correctly, you were able to use a rate from AA.com under the BRG and combine it with the FreeTime promo for the free night and free breakfast?
Actually, no , they changed my reservation to the Hyatt daily rate so it would be an equal comparison . Sorry about the confusion
Old May 7, 2012, 3:29 pm

Thank you for the tip off of the BRG... we were to arrive on 12/21 for an award stay but see a $132 night rate on aa.com... think we're going to have a stretch to requalify for diamond this year so arriving a day earlier (and possibly using a diamond suite upgrade for the one night)... can't wait to return
we had a great stay last xmas and are so looking forward to returning to another relaxing stay
Old May 23, 2012, 4:17 pm

Which Suite is Better Executive or Junior

Does anyone know which suite is nicer at this hotel. The Executive or Junior. The Executive is listed as being larger than the Junior but the Juniors price is higher. Any Ideas?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dberko2005
Does anyone know which suite is nicer at this hotel. The Executive or Junior. The Executive is listed as being larger than the Junior but the Juniors price is higher. Any Ideas?
I'd also like to know the answer to this Q! Which is better for a couple? The junior suite has dining for 6 which seems like a waste of space?
Did anyone notice they just changed the names to "Tula" and "Sunset" suites? Just in case it wasn't confusing enough.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:04 am

Just completed a long weekend (3 nights) and LOVED it! Since we weren't there long, we took a taxi from the airport $65 each way. Booked a Premier Waterview and asked for a quiet room. We were in the last bldg near the harbor on the top floor. It was a nice walk back to the lobby however we enjoyed it. They will pickup/deliver you by golf cart if you like.

Played 9 holes of golf and it was amazing! The course is in perfect condition with magestic views. Club Rental $60, shoe rental $40.00 and 9 holes at 4pm for $55.

We layed out on the beach and didn't use the pool. Great chairs and hammocks, with good service for the bar/food. We bought liquor in the airport before catching the taxi for the hotel.

In comparison with Hyatt Regency Aruba...HRCuracao wins hands down on every aspect except entertainment. It is dead after 9pm. In my opinion that is the only area that needs improvement.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by artyam
It is dead after 9pm.
Just in case anybody missed that assessment. If your dream destination includes beach, golf and two pools open for your kids to flop in all day-- and you want no temptation of any pesky nitelife post-dinner, go to Curacao.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by traveling_again
Just in case anybody missed that assessment. If your dream destination includes beach, golf and two pools open for your kids to flop in all day-- and you want no temptation of any pesky nitelife post-dinner, go to Curacao.
And if your dream destination includes the above but WITHOUT pesky kids flopping in the pool all day, beachballs hitting you in the head, french fries flying through the dining room and loud family-friendly "theme nights"...do not go to the Curacao Hyatt.

We're just back. I'll try to post a review later, but all I can say is NEVER AGAIN.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by chavala
And if your dream destination includes the above but WITHOUT pesky kids flopping in the pool all day, beachballs hitting you in the head, french fries flying through the dining room and loud family-friendly "theme nights"...do not go to the Curacao Hyatt.

We're just back. I'll try to post a review later, but all I can say is NEVER AGAIN.
Also, FYI for anyone, it is not a real beach on an ocean. If you want ocean, this is not the place.

I prefer Aruba to Curacao, but Aruba has taken a hit lately.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
There are lots of plus and minus between the 2 properties but we really enjoyed Curacao. The Dia breakfast was a home run for us (4) and the beach is much cleaner here. You can actully see several feet deep with lots of colorful fishes and lobsters hiding under rocks. And the beach is long enough where 1/2 of it is on the "ocean" and the other 1/2 faces the channel.

The Aruba beach water was not very clean when we went a couple yrs back. It smelled liked gasoline for some reason. We just stayed at the pool area and went down the slide which was a big plus.

These 2 resorts are very different and so is the island itself. To each its own.

One last thing - the points redemption requirement for Curacao is 15K vs 22K for Aruba.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Jul 9, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
There are lots of plus and minus between the 2 properties but we really enjoyed Curacao. The Dia breakfast was a home run for us (4) and the beach is much cleaner here. You can actully see several feet deep with lots of colorful fishes and lobsters hiding under rocks. And the beach is long enough where 1/2 of it is on the "ocean" and the other 1/2 faces the channel.

The Aruba beach water was not very clean when we went a couple yrs back. It smelled liked gasoline for some reason. We just stayed at the pool area and went down the slide which was a big plus.

These 2 resorts are very different and so is the island itself. To each its own.

One last thing - the points redemption requirement for Curacao is 15K vs 22K for Aruba.
Yup, as a person who lived in Curacao for a year, they are very very different! I also did lots of weekends in Aruba. Curacao is a large island with a big population. For a single man, I would recommend Curacao, but with a family, Aruba would be the way to go.

Great snorkeling in Curacao!!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:00 pm

Anyone has an email address for this property? Looking to arrange a brithday surprise for my SO.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: BD*G,M&M SEN,FB Plat, GF, BA Silver
Hyatt Regency Curacao, room advise

Hi, I want to stay at the Hyatt Regency Curacao, I like tthe secluded area and set up of the hotel looks nice, the golf course also attracts me, but what I miss is a club room, is there an alternative, on the booking page I can only choose Resort view, Partial sea view and Premier room, when looking on tripadvisor i am not seeing a big difference in the rooms, anyone a suggestion?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:43 am

Any Current Feedback on HR Curacao???

We're returning in a month (can't wait) and was wondering if there's been anything new going on there since Xmas. What could be expect using a diamond suite upgrade (last time went on points). Any current reviews on Medi, Shore etc would be appreciated or what to do around the island.

TIA
Carolyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.