Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place - Airport - Miami REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:26 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood

One of the best stays at a Hyatt. Ever. AMAZING staff. Truly.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: HH, MR, CR, PC
I agree! I stayed there in June as well. Wonderful experience.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Stayed here last week and ended up being moved over to the Hyatt Miami at the Blue after calling corporate. This place has serious mold problems. It stinks of mold throughout the property and overall is in poor shape. When I was pulling out the sofa bed to sleep on it because the AC was so loud and I was stuck in the last room available, I noticed mold on the mattress and decided to go elsewhere.

Out of all the Hyatt properties I have gone too, this is by far the worst one I have been too. Hotels stinking of mold is a big concern of mine, but a bigger concern is when there is mold on the mattress. I would urge people to stay elsewhere than visit this disgrace of a property.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Is it a great hotel with wonderful stuff or a dump now ??
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking for a park-stay-fly deal for my folks prior to a 2-week trip abroad.

The Hyatt Place MIA airport property offers a Park Stay Fly rate for $159 that includes 7 days parking. Additional days are $5 each.

But they also offer a Park & Cruise rate at $149 that includes 21 days of parking! (It also comes with transportation to the port.)

Let me get this straight -- for $10 less, I can get 2 extra weeks of parking? This really doesn't make sense.

I guess I'll have them book the Park & Cruise rate, and assume the hotel will be none the wiser.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:44 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Wow. Stayed here this week after about 18 months since my prior stay. The prior poster is correct about the mold issue/smell. It is overwhelming and it is everywhere.
Although the staff really tried to please, the bathroom was extremely dated. The light adjacent to the bed wasn't working, the TV remote didn't work and the overall property is really more "motel" than "hotel". Even the Italian restaurant across the parking lot had gone down hill. I will look for better places to stay next time.
Old May 24, 2013, 6:56 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
Any recent updates about this location? I have a one night pre-cruise stay in Nov. and noted this location ranking fairly highly on tripadvisor so thought I'd ask.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
It is further away from the Airport than the Hyatt House and the Place only has a shuttle once per hour where Hyatt House has it every 30 minutes.

The review at the blog is here http://boardingarea.com/blogs/milesf...miami-airport/

Standard Room:

Bathroom:

Walking distance to a Boston Market and Burger King
Old May 26, 2013, 11:14 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Markie
It is further away from the Airport than the Hyatt House and the Place only has a shuttle once per hour where Hyatt House has it every 30 minutes.
Thanks Markie. When you mentioned Hyatt House I went back and looked at my reservation and that is what I booked so found your blog review on that property. Seems like a nice place for a short, 18 hour stay.
Old May 27, 2013, 2:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by tcook052
Thanks Markie. When you mentioned Hyatt House I went back and looked at my reservation and that is what I booked so found your blog review on that property. Seems like a nice place for a short, 18 hour stay.
Yes I would recommend it - it is walking distance to a supermarket, Starbucks, Office Depot and I found no noise problems with either property - not serious ones anyway.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Had a late arrival into MIA on a TATL flight so rather than picking up a car and driving decided to stay here. Place must have been cleaned up recently and in middle of renovation.

Very friendly front desk staff and lots of local information available. Large suite with full kitchen including fridge/freezer, microwave, hob and oven.

When we got to our ground floor room the curtains were all closed but seemed very noisy. Discovered all of the windows were wide opening. Given that we, like many other people, were dumping bags and walking down to shopping centre I did wonder if this was more than a mere oversight. Our room overlooked the car park and it would have taken someone a few seconds to enter our room and take off with our belongings. Perhaps I am just being paranoid?

Breakfast was very busy and to be honest the quality of the food was so poor and unhealthy that we passed on everything.

Overall a good crash pad but I still have concerns about security.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I am currently at the hotel and this is your typical Hyatt Place. Great service but I have not seen what they have to offer for breakfast yet. As a diamond, I was given a choice of bottled water/coffee/soda in addition to the 500 points.

The hotel is *far* away from MIA! As others have mentioned, the shuttle only runs once an hour (on the hour) and it took me a good 20-25 minutes to get from MIA to the hotel without traffic. The wait for the shuttle was about 25 minutes (called them right after I got out), so it took me 45-50 minutes from the time I call to get to the hotel lobby!

I might have to consider other options out here - it's too far and infrequent shuttles are deal breaker.

Last edited by nov11; Oct 2, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:53 pm
Suspended

I stayed here back in March and I didn't have any complaints, but unless one needs to be north of the airport, the Hyatt House in Blue Lagoon is better in just about every category that comes to mind (closer to airport, more frequent shuttles, bigger rooms, more dining/shopping options within walking distance, better breakfast, etc.).

One advantage Hyatt Place does have is proximity to bars/nightlife (two different Ale House locations, etc.). Other than 94th Aero Squadron (a cool little place) and the hotel bar at the Sofitel, there's not much nighttime action in Blue Lagoon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.