Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Boise/Town Square, Idaho REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond

One of the best Hyatt Places's that I've visited.
Don't let the location fool you. Staff will pick you up at the the airport and get you back and forth downtown if necessary. Macaroni Grill is across the street.^^^
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by 236Dakota; Jan 14, 2010 at 8:38 pm
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:47 pm

Big Welcome!

I stayed at this hotel earlier this week. It was a Big Welcome! After checking me in. The host showed me the breakfast area, computer area, fitness room and swimming pool. I received transportation to/from the airport and even to Downtown Boise. The service was above and beyond any of my expectations.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:05 pm

I stay at this Hyatt Place at least 2-3 times a month. No complaints.

On a side note, does anyone else get tired of the HP smell? It's very distinct.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:52 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Staying here this week -- any recent feedback, experiences?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by luxury
Staying here this week -- any recent feedback, experiences?
My wife and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. It was a model of what a Hyatt Place could be with one exception - it didn't get the diamond welcome bonus posted properly. The staff was very proficient and eager to assist and help if needed. The breakfasts were run efficiently even considering the crowds that were gathering. We had a rental car to use for driving into the mountains and out to some wineries in the area so I can't speak to the availability or accommodation if we had needed some local transportation.

If you're into local beers, I would suggest visiting the Sockeye Grill and Brewpub that is less than 2 miles away. The Highland Hollow Brewhouse was also very good. It was about 6 miles away in the North End section of Boise. The Bittercreek Ale House in downtown Boise, although not a brewpub, had a great selection of local Boise and Pacific Northwest ales on tap.

The hotel is right near the Boise Town Plaza Mall. I'm sure that if you've had too many HP Charburgers (which I do like) you can find some food very close by.

I don't go to HP with the highest of expectations considering the price point that they are selling in, but this one was spot on for customer service and hospitality.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Pretty much same experience as cottonpatch when I was there last month. Standard HP property with a nice staff. Location is good as well. I am actually headed to BOI this evening and would have no issues staying there again but doing the Hilton thing as I need more stays with them.....
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:46 am

Perfect, thank you for the feedback and the suggestions!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:21 pm

Stayed over last night -- very nice property with very friendly and helpful staff members. WiFi was a little slow and the cordless phone did not work at all but the hotel kindly gave me 500 points for the inconvenience without asking (I was not seeking compensation either!!)

Will be returning in just over a week's time
Old May 2, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Paying 5,000 points versus $119 + 13% tax, so a good value place to use points. Breakfast area.....plastic utensils and cups. Haven't noticed that at other HPs. Room is borderline due for renovation. Overall, NOT impressed.
There is no shortage of newer properties in the Boise area. Last stay here was just after the AmeriSuites conversion.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Here for the second night in 3 days. Stayed at the FFI Twin Falls (fine) last night and then back here. I was like, whatever, it's a HP, so wasn't planning to do a review after the first night, but I actually do have something to report.

HPs are so homogenous that I really only have two questions about them: 1. Do the bathrooms have the tub/shower combo or the newer glass walk-in shower? (Tubs here) and 2. Do they give you a welcome beverage in addition to the 500 points or do they stingily make you pick? (Boise is stingy).

Aside #1: many Diamonds don't care about either, especially point 2, but this is one way an HP can set themselves apart for me. Come on, a soda or water that costs you maybe 25 cents could make a Diamond a little happier and make your property stand out, when there aren't many ways as an HP to do that positively (but plenty of ways to do it negatively).

Night one was uneventful, but checking in tonight, we were given a room that absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. Went back and the agent at the desk claimed that the 4th floor used to be all smoking when it was an Amerisuites and they've done all they can. Our other room on the 4th floor the first night did not have this problem, surprisingly.

Second room, she handed me the keys and said "if this one's too close to the elevator, come back down and I'll give you another one." Uh.... Why don't you just give me another one now, then?! As much as I'd like to deal with this a 3rd time, seems like this could be solved right now.

Aside #2: Why am I perpetually asked if I've stayed at this property before, especially at HPs? I can read "Returning guest DIAM" in red letters right there on your screen. This doesn't bug me as much as a room that smells like smoke, but just seems like something so easy to do that could make a guest feel more welcome. It's kinda sad (for both of us) when I know your computer system better than you do.

I also noticed that one other report noted plastic cups and utensils at breakfast. This is no longer the case here.

It's an HP, it's in Boise, I had one totally uneventful night and one that wasn't terrible.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Rename thread?

Since a 2nd HP will open in Boise,I suggest renaming this thread to " Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square"
Old May 22, 2019, 11:11 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Anyone with recent stays to report? 5K points is a good redemption option, but I have read recent poor reviews on other sites. TIA.

LAX
Old May 23, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was here last September 2018 for a couple of nights.
Pros - Quiet location, restaurants/shopping nearby
Cons - Older property (former Amerisuites), but has updated furnishings. Cleanliness was an issue, as my bedsheets had hairs in them, as if they forgot to change out the sheets.
Other than that, just your average HP.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:41 pm

Any recent stays? Trying to decide between using points at Town Square or $$ downtown.

EDIT: I ended up staying one night at the Downtown location. Great property in great location. They charge $12 for parking, but lots of meter parking on the street all around the property. Walking distance to 8th Ave with great food options.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Aug 2, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Any recent stays? Trying to decide between using points at Town Square or $$ downtown.
I actually stayed here this past Friday night. The stay was honestly disappointing. Usually this is a solid HP property, but the experience is definitely rough right now. We all understand that things are different due to the pandemic, but having stayed at a few other Hyatts over the past couple of months, this one ranks at the bottom of the others right now.

Some of the things that we dealt with were to be expected, such as the limited breakfast offerings and what not, but there were other things that just seemed a bit much. After we checked in, we realized that there was no coffee maker or coffee in the room, no hair dryer and no tissues either. I went downstairs to ask if we could use those things, and one of the gals at the front desk went to a back room and brought out all of those things for me to take up to the room. Once my son was ready to go to bed (he usually takes the sofa bed when staying at a HP), we saw that there was no fitted sheet or anything else on the mattress inside the sofa. I called the front desk and they sent someone up to bring us the stuff that we needed, and was told that they took everything off of all the sofa beds for the time being. That's fine and all, but it would've been nice to be told that upon arrival (since there were four of us.) None of that was that huge of a deal given the current times we're living in (so I don't place the bar too high), but I feel they can still do much better. I have another stay coming up in Boise the first week of September, and I'll be staying at the downtown location this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.