Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 * Radisson Bkk Sathorn-28 GBP INC ABF/Taxes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

5 * Radisson Bkk Sathorn-28 GBP INC ABF/Taxes

This one is available through travelrepublic.co.uk from August through to the end of October. Studio @ 28 GBP and one bed suite at approx 39 GBP all in.Not a bad rate for a hotel rated No2 on tripadvisor at the present time.I have personally stayed here and it is slightly off the beaten track,skytrain approx 10 mins. It is rated a 5 star but personally I would rate it as an extremely good 4 star. Whatever...very good value for money IMHO with the breakfast thrown in.Prepaid voucher seems to be issued by company called "hotel beds".

Regards

chokdee
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chokdee
This one is available through travelrepublic.co.uk from August through to the end of October. Studio @ 28 GBP and one bed suite at approx 39 GBP all in.Not a bad rate for a hotel rated No2 on tripadvisor at the present time.I have personally stayed here and it is slightly off the beaten track,skytrain approx 10 mins. It is rated a 5 star but personally I would rate it as an extremely good 4 star. Whatever...very good value for money IMHO with the breakfast thrown in.Prepaid voucher seems to be issued by company called "hotel beds".

Regards

chokdee
pretty good rate... it's often around $60 if you do a search at hotelscombined.com.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: TK*G, LH*S, HH Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Sorry, I couldn't find the rate neither in september nor in october. Are you sure, the rate mentioned rate above is per ROOM and not PER PERSON ?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Just checked random dates in October and rate is still there:-

Destination: Sathorn, Bangkok Accommodation: Radisson Bangkok Sathorn Hotel
Check-In Date: Friday, 15 Oct 2010 Occupancy: 2 Adults (1 Room)
Check-Out Date: Monday, 18 Oct 2010 Total Cost: £83.75
Accommodation booking
Accommodation Check In Date Check Out Date
Radisson Bangkok Sathorn Hotel
Narathiwas-Ratchanakarin Road, Yannawa, Sathorn 36
Destination: Bangkok Fri 15-Oct-10 Mon 18-Oct-10

The details and cost for your accommodation is shown below.

Description Price Quantity Total
DISCOUNT -16.75 1 -16.75
DOUBLE/TWIN STUDIO, BED AND BREAKFAST(2 ADULTS) 100.50 1 100.50
ACCOMMODATION TOTAL FINANCIAL PROTECTION 0.00 1 0.00

Total Cost: £83.75

As you can see the total room cost for 3 nights is 83.75 GBP although on the booking page they do show the price pp to the left of the total price.I have booked for two adults and one child and the the price pp is listed at just over 9.00 GBP each.

BTW to see the one bedroom rate you need to hit the "show more room rates button".

Hope this helps.

Last edited by chokdee; Aug 7, 2010 at 4:24 am
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
seems it's no Radisson anymore... not listed under radisson.com anymore..

according to booking.com it's Sathorn Heritage now..
though there's "another" (?) Heritage Sathorn just near Chong Nonsi..
strange.. can't find the suitable hp neither

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/radi...athorn.en.html
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: M&M FTL, AB Silver, Club Carlson Gold
on agoda it's the sathorn heritage and residence hotel...

http://www.agoda.de/asia/thailand/ba...residence.html
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
too bad...that was a sweet hotel! I just stayed there a month ago, while it still was a Radisson!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
too bad...that was a sweet hotel! I just stayed there a month ago, while it still was a Radisson!
me too :-( but it suffered from its location I guess.. and capacities hardly sold out... I could imagine that they transform part of it into condos

strangely enough that they've kept the other older one with an even worse location near the tollway - which is far inferior to the Sathorn one...
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:15 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Thanks. I managed to get three rooms Aug 19-21. Very good rate. I just hope that the taxi driver can find it as reviews say that it's too new and many drivers have no clue.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:33 pm

you have to tell the taxi driver to go to Narathiwat soi 6. If you come from northern part of Sathorn road (heading direction Saphan Thaksin), there are signs showing the way to the Radisson. You have to turn left into Narathiwat from Sathorn, then head on to the next u-turn and then go back on the other side until you'll get to the Radisson just before soi 6. Hard to catch the right point there as the Radisson is not facing Narathiwat road but in the the back. There's a small pathway leading to it, I think from what is called "Heritage Condos" (the building in front). When you see a rather large Japanese seafood restaurant then it's just time to turn left (after the restaurant).
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkg
Thanks. I managed to get three rooms Aug 19-21. Very good rate. I just hope that the taxi driver can find it as reviews say that it's too new and many drivers have no clue.
This pdf link(in english and thai) should also prove useful.Might be worth printing off a copy before you leave.

http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/h...for%20Taxi.pdf
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:09 pm

I got a reply from a staff member meanwhile:

"Please be advised that with effect from August 2 2010, the Radisson Hotel Bangkok Sathorn will cease to operate under its current name and will no longer be managed by Carlson Hotels, however this transition will not affect our usual operations. We pride ourselves to provide a Thai Hospitality service and I looking forward to see you on your coming visit in Bangkok."
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
I got a reply from a staff member meanwhile:

"Please be advised that with effect from August 2 2010, the Radisson Hotel Bangkok Sathorn will cease to operate under its current name and will no longer be managed by Carlson Hotels, however this transition will not affect our usual operations. We pride ourselves to provide a Thai Hospitality service and I looking forward to see you on your coming visit in Bangkok."
That's why I got the following message last week when playing with reservation dates for this November on goldpoints.com: "We are sorry but this hotel does not accept reservations at this time".

The day before the reservations could still be made, even at the F&F rate.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Toli
That's why I got the following message last week when playing with reservation dates for this November on goldpoints.com: "We are sorry but this hotel does not accept reservations at this time".

The day before the reservations could still be made, even at the F&F rate.
So, what's the deal with this then?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:41 pm

Looking for hotel in Bangkok during my stay in September. Do you think this hotel will still be good when they change hands?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.