Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Arlington, VA $63.20

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Hyatt Arlington, VA $63.20

It's BRG. Sample Jan 5. Many dates in January are $79 on booking.com (doesn't include tax) fully flexible rate. Same room on Hyatt - $149. Took 3 phone calls.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:58 pm

Is this a good deal?

Originally Posted by al613
It's BRG. Sample Jan 5. Many dates in January are $79 on booking.com (doesn't include tax) fully flexible rate. Same room on Hyatt - $149. Took 3 phone calls.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:14 am
Suspended

Thanks, OP and yes it is a good deal esp if you are pursuing free nights with Hyatt.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I stayed there a couple of years ago and this Hyatt was quite worn and in desperate need of renovation--so keep expectations low. It is close to a metro station though. Perhaps that has taken place in the last year or so?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Renard
I stayed there a couple of years ago and this Hyatt was quite worn and in desperate need of renovation--so keep expectations low. It is close to a metro station though. Perhaps that has taken place in the last year or so?
The hotel's lobby and other common areas have been renovated completely. Rooms are another story but they aren't that bad although the bathrooms still leave much to be desires. The location is pretty good for this price -- cheap taxi ride to DC or even walking distance to Georgetown/DC.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The hotel's lobby and other common areas have been renovated completely. Rooms are another story but they aren't that bad although the bathrooms still leave much to be desires. The location is pretty good for this price -- cheap taxi ride to DC or even walking distance to Georgetown/DC.
Thanks a lot for the update. What can you say about suites? I got an upgrade and would like to know what to expect.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by al613
Thanks a lot for the update. What can you say about suites? I got an upgrade and would like to know what to expect.
Of the suite I repeatedly got assigned (on even PCLN rates) here: a living room that is the same size as an ordinary room in this hotel; an adjoining room that has a door and leads to a separate bedroom that is typical for this hotel; and a huge bathroom that passed as being ok. The furnishings are not a league above what is found in other rooms in this hotel. I do recall at least some of the rooms being renovated/updated but that may just have been a different approach to bedding, the flat screen TV replacements and some more contemporary style lighting and furniture than before.

The staff used to be friendlier a couple of years ago than they are nowadays, but that's about the only issue. It used to be the best hotel in the Rosslyn area but now there's a Kimpton hotel about two blocks away that is more interesting.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 5:40 am
Suspended

GU -

Don't know when you last visited but the website and Tripadvisor seem to indicate that a complete rooms renovation has now taken place.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Of the suite I repeatedly got assigned (on even PCLN rates) here: a living room that is the same size as an ordinary room in this hotel; an adjoining room that has a door and leads to a separate bedroom that is typical for this hotel; and a huge bathroom that passed as being ok. The furnishings are not a league above what is found in other rooms in this hotel. I do recall at least some of the rooms being renovated/updated but that may just have been a different approach to bedding, the flat screen TV replacements and some more contemporary style lighting and furniture than before.

The staff used to be friendlier a couple of years ago than they are nowadays, but that's about the only issue. It used to be the best hotel in the Rosslyn area but now there's a Kimpton hotel about two blocks away that is more interesting.
Thanks again!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
GU -

Don't know when you last visited but the website and Tripadvisor seem to indicate that a complete rooms renovation has now taken place.
That's good news. [End of September was when I last checked into the hotel, but since I have ended up on the same floors in the hotel during the last several years I was never sure when all of the rooms would be finished on the other floors.]
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:57 pm
Suspended

That's good news. [End of September was when I last checked into the hotel, but since I have ended up on the same floors in the hotel during the last several years I was never sure when all of the rooms would be finished on the other floors.]
Well, I just looked on TA and apparently you were last there when renovations were already complete, so I am not sure how great it will be. i was there once and it was a perfectly acceptable business hotel, but no more than that. For those wishing a more grand hotel, this is not it, even with new renovations. However, for those who have been to DC before and wish a convenient and inexpensive DC property to earn FFNs this is quite a good price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.