Wiki Posts
Search

HIX Bali Raya Kuta $28

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
HIX Bali Raya Kuta $28

I am pretty sure this is not a mistake but just low season rate combined with that Asia discount sale, but whadda I know? Maybe it can help someone.

I booked a couple nights early Feb, I think it was valid end of January too.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
And.... Now I'm looking up flights to Bali
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
And.... Now I'm looking up flights to Bali
It's not a mistake rate. Hotel prices in Bali are just astonishingly inexpensive these days.

No reason to ever stay at a chain hotel in Kuta, though. unless you're going to Bali simply to get drunk, or you're trying to game some sort of frequent stay program.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
It's not a mistake rate. Hotel prices in Bali are just astonishingly inexpensive these days.

No reason to ever stay at a chain hotel in Kuta, though. unless you're going to Bali simply to get drunk, or you're trying to game some sort of frequent stay program.
Is Kuta a bad place for families? Sorry never been to Bali before...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:53 pm

Kuta = full with Bars, Restaurants, Shops and Tourists. If you are looking for a relaxing & quiet holiday, you are definetly wrong there.

I reccomend Nusa Dua for Families.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tom_CH
Kuta = full with Bars, Restaurants, Shops and Tourists. If you are looking for a relaxing & quiet holiday, you are definetly wrong there.

I reccomend Nusa Dua for Families.
I recommend you stay far away from both Kuta and Nusa Dua, unless your objective is to go to Bali without actually "going to Bali."

Stay at independent properties in Ubud and then, for a beach, either Pemuteran or Amed. And, yes, you can stay for $28. but if you double your budget, you can live the high life. Triple it and you'll get your own staff.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:47 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by iahphx
I recommend you stay far away from both Kuta and Nusa Dua, unless your objective is to go to Bali without actually "going to Bali."

Stay at independent properties in Ubud and then, for a beach, either Pemuteran or Amed. And, yes, you can stay for $28. but if you double your budget, you can live the high life. Triple it and you'll get your own staff.
Don't think the amandari or similar resorts are even close to $100.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jxd
Don't think the amandari or similar resorts are even close to $100.
The amandari and similar are for the 1/10th of 1 percent who don't care what they spend. You have to think outside the box of int'l lodging chains. There are thousands of locally-owned rooms and villas on Bali that currently provide 4 and 5 star comfort for very little money. Many come with a mind-boggling number of staff members if that's what you'd like. Pick a destination on Bali and start looking at the tripadvisor reviews. Many of these are very simple to book on sites like booking.com.

I wouldn't even consider anything less than 4.5 stars, because there are zillions of great deals on the most highly-recommended properties.

I would just caution anyone considering Bali that it's really, really far from Europe and North America. Go for at least 10 days.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
No matter where you are staying for the rest of the time, make sure you stay at the HIX one night, especially if you're going in January. Sign up for the Accelerate deal and the January special. Pay with your IHG card and you get 11k plus the regular points. Top cash back has an 8 percent bonus, so not bad for 25 dollars. Breakfast included.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Is Kuta a bad place for families? Sorry never been to Bali before...
Very close to the beach. I've actually stayed at this hotel. No complaints from my side just very touristy when I was there in April. Friendly folk, safe neighborhood, water theme park close by.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:29 am

I would take a Hotel in Ubud which is outside the center. Ubud has a massive traffic problem.

A good & quiet alternative to Ubud is the Sidemen Valley.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jvde
Very close to the beach. I've actually stayed at this hotel. No complaints from my side just very touristy when I was there in April. Friendly folk, safe neighborhood, water theme park close by.
I didn't see the beach close when I was at this mediocre property last month.

The other HIX Kuta Square is much closer to the beach.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:19 am

I wouldn't be put off by those remarks. I had heard so much negative talk about Kuta but ended up going there for 3 or 4 nights. I kind of liked it. Yes, there are lots of tourists, mainly Aussies, but the beach is really beautiful! Lots of shopping and places to eat. Ubud is a long ways away! about a 2 hour drive from Kuta, it is a lovely place, but during the day TONS of traffic as so many people go there for the day. Very different atmosphere in Ubud, there are no beaches as it is in the middle of the island. If you are serious about going to Bali, check out Sanur. I lived there for 2 months and loved it!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Yah, definitely doing this for the Accelerate promo (plus I already was going for the Benoa property which was point breaks). This is the cheapest property I've found since I was at Wakkanai (pretty sure I'm not going to find another sub $7 rate again that's convenient for me, but ya never know).
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:27 am

Looking for a good location for families.

I got two toddlers and will be traveling in late April/May.

What part of Bali is ideal for us?? We enjoy shopping, beaches and child friendly tourist locations.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.