Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Well, now that Gary Leff has lifted this post it would seem that the OP would've been best to keep this deal to him/herself.........
Seems to me that Garys Twitter post and subsequent chatter with his Twitter Friends are still posted on Twitter. However, when you click on the link to read the content of his Orginal Twitter Post, some other content now comes up?. Perhaps since he is an Affiliate of AMEX, he was asked to take it down? Very odd indeed. With that happening, Im more inclined to think that this may be honored as a Flash Sale (which it is).. Thanks and Safe Travels

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 27, 2015 at 5:57 am
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Seems to me that Garys Twitter post and subsequent chatter with his Twitter Friends are still posted on Twitter. However, when you click on the link to read the content of his Orginal Twitter Post, some other content now comes up?. Perhaps since he is an Affiliate of AMEX, he was asked to take it down? Very odd indeed. With that happening, Im more inclined to think that this may be honored as a Flash Sale (which it is).. Thanks and Safe Travels
The amusing thing is that the boardingarea.com homepage is still highlighting this hotel deal as being on VFTW even as the link to the VFTW page leads to no relevant content about this deal which was previously showing on VFTW.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. It was gone at 11:30 last night. I am sure he thought better of it after he posted it. I am sure his Amex contacts are none too happy.

On another front who is going there first?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...utf-8&oe=utf-8
linked this thread

https://twitter.com/garyleff/status/...913856?lang=en

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 27, 2015 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cruisr
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. It was gone at 11:30 last night. I am sure he thought better of it after he posted it. I am sure his Amex contacts are none too happy.

On another front who is going there first?
I got Aug 8th...

Are we at the point I can try and find out my Hyatt confirmation number to add my # to it?

Last edited by thepaul500; Jul 27, 2015 at 8:34 am
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
I stayed about a week ago for $1.600 CLP. Was not honored at the property but Amex is currently working on my dispute.

My risk was minimal for one night in a standard room. Those that booked multiple nights in a suite may have a hefty charge to bare following their stay.

Hotel 'said' they spoke with Amex and that Amex would contact me with a compromise. Doubt that is the case.

Even after my stay the rate was live until VFTW posted. Well over a week.

For full details read here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1697490-chilean-completo-hot-dog-caper-36-hours-santiago-valparaiso-aa-y.html
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by rivlinm
I stayed about a week ago for $1.600 CLP. Was not honored at the property but Amex is currently working on my dispute.

My risk was minimal for one night in a standard room. Those that booked multiple nights in a suite may have a hefty charge to bare following their stay.

Hotel 'said' they spoke with Amex and that Amex would contact me with a compromise. Doubt that is the case.

For full details read here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...aiso-aa-y.html
Very interesting. Given how many people booked this, my suspicion is that AMEX will handle it in advance as opposed to as a one-off after departure.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Amex is currently working on my dispute.

Hotel 'said' they spoke with Amex and that Amex would contact me with a compromise.

For full details read here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...aiso-aa-y.html
sounds like OP read your thread.

good to hear that when it is not spread on internet, plat/cent FHR may work with client.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
Very interesting. Given how many people booked this, my suspicion is that AMEX will handle it in advance as opposed to as a one-off after departure.
I would hope so otherwise not doing so could lead to a lot more issues. I think Amex Platinum/FHR will honor this. I really don't think a ton of people got this. As someone posted you had to know about it, have an Amex Plat or Centurion, and then book it during a small window.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by thepaul500
I got Aug 8th...

Are we at the point I can try and find out my Hyatt confirmation number to add my # to it?
Keep us posted.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
sounds like OP read your thread.

good to hear that when it is not spread on internet, plat/cent FHR may work with client.
I'm the OP and I had not seen that trip report before. I was searching for a hotel for an upcoming mileage run/ mini vacation in Santiago and stumbled upon this rate on the FHR site. On my last trip to SCL my Jr Suite at the Ritz was USD $500 per night so I was quite excited when I saw this rate.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by johnwmaher
I'm the OP and I had not seen that trip report before. I was searching for a hotel for an upcoming mileage run/ mini vacation in Santiago and stumbled upon this rate on the FHR site. On my last trip to SCL my Jr Suite at the Ritz was USD $500 per night so I was quite excited when I saw this rate.
Thank you OP.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Well even the ritz is only 300 with a 100 food credit. Mine was a MR of sorts too. I stumbled upon it the same way.

Enjoy Chile regardless of where you stay and what you pay. I was impressed.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cruisr raises good point. while amex plat had 100K signup bonuses, most canceled.

johnwmaher, i apologize for stating otherwise.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cruisr
I would hope so otherwise not doing so could lead to a lot more issues. I think Amex Platinum/FHR will honor this. I really don't think a ton of people got this. As someone posted you had to know about it, have an Amex Plat or Centurion, and then book it during a small window.
Not to mention, you actually have to go. For Americans, this is a long trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.