Reload this Page >

Fairmont Newport Beach $47 for Suite May 2016 onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:55 am

So the ones that got emails, did you get it from the hotel itself, or Fairmont corporate?

I haven't gotten anything yet, but I'm not sure what to do. I could use a three night stay this year, but it would make me change some of my plans. But since I haven't gotten an email, I'm not sure if i should reach out proactively. I mean, what if i don't reach out and I don't get an email, SOL? Has anybody that didn't get an email proactively reached out?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Im not so sure about the proactively reaching out method.

I checked online and it says that both of my reservations for next year are still valid.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by cedejah
Im not so sure about the proactively reaching out method.

I checked online and it says that both of my reservations for next year are still valid.
Same here.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:55 am

So, guess it was just coincidence, but got an email today about my reservation...same as has been listed above. So, now I know.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:53 am

Programs: AA
I just had my stay of 1 night. I guess this would be better suited for a review thread but, FYI:
  • There is only $30 valet parking, no self parking. I parked across the street near Staples, but you have to cross 6 lanes, albeit of low traffic
  • There were no slippers in the room. Kind of disappointing.
  • There is a DVD player, so you can watch movies from Redbox or something.
  • I had a $20 food and dining credit that I was only informed of upon checking out.
  • My room was not ready at 4 PM. Granted, it was a free room, but I was disappointed nothing was offered (or if it was the aforementioned credit, I wasn't made aware of it). I don't have any status with Fairmont.
  • They have shuttles to local destinations - I only knew of this because I saw cards at the front desk. Again, I wasn't informed.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:22 pm

Just checked in an hour ago, great service from everyone. We were given the one bedroom suite but asked to be downgraded to a junior suite which is much nicer in our opinion. If you are looking for space, the one bedroom has it but has a small bathroom and no balcony. The junior suite has a very large balcony and separate shower and tub.

I had also booked the free valet and breakfast package which is being honoured. I added my Wife to the reservation with no issues and she is getting free breakfast as well according to the front desk.

Very, very impressed with the Fairmont for honouring this.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:07 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by travisto15
Just checked in an hour ago, great service from everyone. We were given the one bedroom suite but asked to be downgraded to a junior suite which is much nicer in our opinion. If you are looking for space, the one bedroom has it but has a small bathroom and no balcony. The junior suite has a very large balcony and separate shower and tub.

I had also booked the free valet and breakfast package which is being honoured. I added my Wife to the reservation with no issues and she is getting free breakfast as well according to the front desk.

Very, very impressed with the Fairmont for honouring this.
Thanks for the heads up but I am a bit confused. Did you book this for next year and have it moved to this year and this is your free stay? Or is it honoured at the same price? Or did you book it for this year anyway and the stay was just honoured?

I have still not heard anything from Fairmont or the OTA. My stay is in May 2016, maybe they realised they are as slack then as they are in 2015 and just decided to leave it
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Thanks for the heads up but I am a bit confused. Did you book this for next year and have it moved to this year and this is your free stay? Or is it honoured at the same price? Or did you book it for this year anyway and the stay was just honoured?

I have still not heard anything from Fairmont or the OTA. My stay is in May 2016, maybe they realised they are as slack then as they are in 2015 and just decided to leave it

Yes, I booked for August 2016 and moved it to Sept 2015 to take the complimentary stay.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:03 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for clarifying
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:24 pm

Just got the email...thinking what my next step will be.

I won't be able to take advantage of the 2015 complimentary stays as I have too many things going on. Wonder if they are will to compromise for something next year along the same lines.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:26 pm

somehow just booked their presidential suite for $135/night. Thinking this one won't be honoured.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by jdj84
somehow just booked their presidential suite for $135/night. Thinking this one won't be honoured.
What dates?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 4Health
What dates?
Sept, 2016.

Last edited by jdj84; Sep 23, 2015 at 8:29 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:27 am

response time

What was the response time when everybody reached out? I called yesterday and just got a voicemail, so I sent an email and haven't heard anything back yet. Looking to rebook for this weekend, so just curious what others experienced. Thank you.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
What was the response time when everybody reached out? I called yesterday and just got a voicemail, so I sent an email and haven't heard anything back yet. Looking to rebook for this weekend, so just curious what others experienced. Thank you.
When I called, I spoke with someone directly. No wait time here. She rebooked my dates on the spot. No problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.