Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

5* Bluebay Sahara Palace Marrakech formerly Taj Palace-From £28 Suite with bft.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5* Bluebay Sahara Palace Marrakech formerly Taj Palace-From £28 Suite with bft.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Let's see when the cancellation emails start coming in... But one can hope; it wasn't out there for "that" long
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by BobKop
Let's see when the cancellation emails start coming in... But one can hope; it wasn't out there for "that" long
personally I booked via **** and the normal rate was a strikethrough 55/night for a 48/night discounted price. So I would not be so sure it was a common EF. Consider also that for RAK, a 50€/night is quite normal, although for lower categories hotels.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jul 6, 2015 at 8:43 am
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
edited
Yeah, I agree with your assessment (also booked via Hotelopia) that said, I've seen hotels cancel for less of a difference with normal rates. But this has a decent shot i'd say

Last edited by BobKop; Jul 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:01 am

In my opinion there is only one major blog which is working in the way Chokdee has pointed out, they simply copy the airline or hotel deals without any credit to the OP. If you try to contact them asking to do that or if you send any comment on this matter on their blog they don't post it and if you insist they finally ban you...
At this stage I can open a blog and call it supersecretflying and just copy after 2 seconds all the original content of that blog. By doing this they should find it perfectly correct...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
[QUOTE=BobKop;24943009y[/QUOTE]

A contract is a contract, and it's binding. This time the difference is not incredibly cheap (e.g the UA F.irst class where the normal price was >13.000$ and people ended up to pay 90€!).

The normal rate is +-302$ (now advertised on many OTAs) and the price of 50$ is credible as promo rate: at the end it's just a +-80% sale (which is often advertised on booking.com, lastminute.com,etc) so the hotel can't easily invoke the ""excusable mistake" - "Unilateral mistake" related to the bad faith concept.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jul 6, 2015 at 8:44 am
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by seris7
In my opinion there is only one major blog which is working in the way Chokdee has pointed out, they simply copy the airline or hotel deals without any credit to the OP. If you try to contact them asking to do that or if you send any comment on this matter on their blog they don't post it and if you insist they finally ban you...
At this stage I can open a blog and call it supersecretflying and just copy after 2 seconds all the original content of that blog. By doing this they should find it perfectly correct...
who cares of that
this is the way it has always been...

(in any case, many thanks Chokdee!)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Plat
Edit: Nevermind, I was able to locate my reservation through that link. I was using my confirmation number where it says confirmation code, instead of the Booking Reference Number.

For those that booked through getaroom.com - Are any of you able to lookup your reservation using the link below? My reservation does not display when I enter the information on this page.

https://www.getaroom.com/reservations

However, my reservation does show up when I click the 'View Reservation' button in the confirmation email.

Last edited by thadeusd3; Jun 10, 2015 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by chokdee
I just knew this one was going to be reposted on another ''para'' site .

As soon as decent independently found non commercial deals are posted here they swoop like hyenas and repost with no credit to their source.

When it is quiet here ...it is quiet there...period.

Sites such as this among other reasons make people less inclined to post here on a frequent basis...me included.

I would encourage all fair minded people on FT who are aware of the site in question which advertises under the laughable slogan ''the deals nobody else knows about'' to use that site for personal gain only and refuse to acknowledge their finds (well maybe their finds??) by avoiding any links contained within.

Treat like with like...it's only fair after all ^
I would tell them off but I think they have blocked communication from me in all forms. Perhaps a carrier pigeon....
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:34 am

who cares of that
this is the way it has always been...

(in any case, many thanks Chokdee!)
My issue with them is they post things that shouldn't be made public because the less experienced WILL run into problems or the offer isn't even bookable. They are leeches with no regard for who they steal from NOR the people who read their blog.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes
My issue with them is they post things that shouldn't be made public because the less experienced WILL run into problems or the offer isn't even bookable. They are leeches with no regard for who they steal from NOR the people who read their blog.
I agree with you, definitely!

But the problem is on FT, I mean when it's published, it's open to the general public, so there's no way to avoid a "go wide-spread" situation. Unfortunately it's a collateral effect.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:43 am

Anyway, as described in my previous posts, I've some doubts it was a genuine EF.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:08 am

Third day. No mail and/or contact by hotel, who here still thinks it was a genuine EF?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:10 am

Third day. No mail and/or contact by hotel, who here still thinks it was a genuine EF?
What's an EF? Error Fare?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by thadeusd3
What's an EF? Error Fare?
yep, error Fare/mistake fare.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:28 am

yep, error Fare/mistake fare.
I think it was an error...at least on the suites. I've seen hotels heavily discount standard rooms, but I've never seen a $650+ a night suite that's over 1500 sq ft discounted to $60. I also haven't been in the game too long. Regardless, I'm still keeping a watchful eye on my reservations and crossing my fingers ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.