Wiki Posts
Search

Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna pricing 200€, 60% lower on most rooms

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Red face Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna pricing 200€, 60% lower on most rooms

First time poster, so please forgive any mistakes

I've been checking rates at the end of May for Vienna. I went back to book one night at the Kempinski and found a rate that I hadn't seen before. The lowest room is pricing a "Contracted Owners Rate" with breakfast and taxes included at 200 euros. The normal Bed and Breakfast rate is 480 euros. This rate wasn't offered earlier this week. No special promotion to select, it is just there when I input dates in May. I didn't check other months.

We stayed here 2 years ago soon after its opening and the hotel is magnificent. If I recall, breakfast is at least 50 euros per person, giving a room for 2 a cost of just 100 euros.

Here's a link to the hotel http://www.kempinski.com/en/vienna/p...ansen/welcome/

I also tried their Adlon hotel in Berlin for June, but I didn't find the rate offered there.

Hope this helps someone! I love getting deals like this on luxury hotels!

Jean
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:33 am

Thanks a lot - to add another possibility for the Palais Hansen Kempinski - also available via secretescapes deal till the end of april:

€.249 Superior Room incl bf
€ 395 Junior Suite incl. bf
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:31 pm

Thanks! Perfect timing, booked for July.

Confirmation email states: VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP : Rate per room and night including taxes, service charge and buffet breakfast.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I'm seeing it as low at 180 Euro per night.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
So it sounds like Vienna Insurance Group has contracted and negotiated a block of rooms for their guests at a deeply discounted price that for some reason is visible on their web-site for everyone to see and you are reserving?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
So it sounds like Vienna Insurance Group has contracted and negotiated a block of rooms for their guests at a deeply discounted price that for some reason is visible on their web-site for everyone to see and you are reserving?
The average person will have no idea what "Contracted Owners Rate" means. "Vienna Insurance Group" is not stated anywhere on the booking website, one person that booked the room said that this is what is listed on the confirmation e-mail that is seen after booking is complete.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks OP!

Booked 3 nights in June at EUR200.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
Originally Posted by befaithful
If I recall, breakfast is at least 50 euros per person, giving a room for 2 a cost of just 100 euros.
Breakfast is 31€...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
For those of us who think that the euro might rebound against the USD (or that prepaying avoids issues during check-in) it would be nice to be able to lock-in this rate.

Does anyone know a way to prepay this rate?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
For those of us who think that the euro might rebound against the USD (or that prepaying avoids issues during check-in) it would be nice to be able to lock-in this rate.

Does anyone know a way to prepay this rate?
Buy some Euros now and pay cash?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
No availability in May or June now.
Looks like this deal is gone.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:31 pm

Thanks befaithful, I was able to get two nights in July. It looks gone now.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by befaithful
First time poster, so please forgive any mistakes

I've been checking rates at the end of May for Vienna. I went back to book one night at the Kempinski and found a rate that I hadn't seen before. The lowest room is pricing a "Contracted Owners Rate" with breakfast and taxes included at 200 euros. The normal Bed and Breakfast rate is 480 euros. This rate wasn't offered earlier this week. No special promotion to select, it is just there when I input dates in May. I didn't check other months.

We stayed here 2 years ago soon after its opening and the hotel is magnificent. If I recall, breakfast is at least 50 euros per person, giving a room for 2 a cost of just 100 euros.

Here's a link to the hotel http://www.kempinski.com/en/vienna/p...ansen/welcome/

I also tried their Adlon hotel in Berlin for June, but I didn't find the rate offered there.

Hope this helps someone! I love getting deals like this on luxury hotels!

Jean
Thank you, we are looking at visiting Vienna and we have stayed at the Adlon 3 times and love it. Good luck in finding a deal for there.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you, sapper188, for the input on the Adlon. I tried to do a BRG, but they found a way around that. However, they offered me a complimentary two category upgrade to a junior suite (245€ a night more), so I think we will be very happy!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Stayed in June with no issues at all regarding the rate and had a great stay.

Breakfast is excellent in selection and quality, with Perrier Jouet champagne included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.