Wiki Posts
Search

New $14 cashback for booking.com at SavingStar

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New $14 cashback for booking.com at SavingStar

I thought I'd start a new thread on this (the moderators can merge it if they want to) because the old booking.com cashback thread says "expired" and I don't want folks to miss the new offer. It's basically the same $14 cashback deal as topcashback, but now you have to use savingstar.com.

This is a reputable outfit. They started as a clipless grocery coupon site, but expanded to being a cashback mall in the past year. They also have good payouts for sites like Groupon and Living Social (typically 10%) which I've successfully used.

As booking.com seems to be pulling these high-value cashbacks quite quickly, no guarantee how long this will last.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:23 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone have any success booking several nights in the same hotel but say booking 1 nighters with an empty night in between?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
If you have a referral code for saving star, please send me a pm. These $10-14 discounts are a lifesaver for this upcoming stupidly low budget RTW tripper. Especially in the crazier places I want to go to, which booking.com is great for.

PS- any contributions for the central Asian visa fund? Lol

Ps- the way I've been getting around it is by booking off nights with other cashback site. That way you still are averaging >$10 a night. Hotels/hostels will just combine bookings anyway. Good luck!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daichovo
If you have a referral code for saving star, please send me a pm. These $10-14 discounts are a lifesaver for this upcoming stupidly low budget RTW tripper. Especially in the crazier places I want to go to, which booking.com is great for.

PS- any contributions for the central Asian visa fund? Lol

Ps- the way I've been getting around it is by booking off nights with other cashback site. That way you still are averaging >$10 a night. Hotels/hostels will just combine bookings anyway. Good luck!
I don't think there are any current referral codes for SavingStar. I looked because I thought there might be a bunch of Flyertalkers who now wanted to join.

FWIW, SavingStar seems to be a little slower than most cashback sites in recording your purchase. So I can't yet check the purchases I made a couple days ago. That said, I will be surprised if individually-booked consecutive night claims are rejected. I haven't had a problem with these on other cashback sites. Has anyone else had them rejected?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AA, EC, FB, M&M, HH, Accor, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by iahphx
This is a reputable outfit.
I have made some hotel bookings using this reputable outfit but my purchases were not posted.

How long should I wait to see them as pending?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Isoveli
I have made some hotel bookings using this reputable outfit but my purchases were not posted.

How long should I wait to see them as pending?
Sadly, I think it can take weeks. I've been using them for Groupon and LivingSocial -- 10% cashback -- but it's taken several weeks. They do post, though. The problem is if they don't, you have to remember. They do seem to send emails when they post.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, EC, FB, M&M, HH, Accor, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by iahphx
Sadly, I think it can take weeks.
Thanks.

We are not getting any younger and I prefer not to wait that long. So, I just have cancelled those reservations and will rebook them somewhere else.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:02 am

doesn“t work
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum
doesn“t work
Do you mean that offer is over or it was a scam?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeS60
SavingStar is now down to 4% on booking.com.

I had a problem with a booking.com reservation not posting to SavingStar. I wrote to them, and they were willing to investigate, but I then needed to cancel that reservation so I didn't follow up.

This company is 100% reputable, but I do think something went wrong when they added booking.com. If you made reservations with them, I'd check to see if you got the credit and file a claim if you didn't.

BTW, I still use them for Groupon and LivingSocial because they have the highest payouts. It works fine, albeit slightly slower than other sources.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by mikeS60
a scam. Nothing posted even two months after being in the hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.