Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Hotel Cartagena Plaza, Cartagena,Colombia-from 14 double inc bft.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Seems to be available on booking.com /priceline from January though August 2015 for just one room per night in a double executive.

If you book through Opodo who use booking.com engine then price appears to come down from around £16 pn to £14 pn.

Since there is only one promotional room pn available some dates have gone but due to the big time ''window'' Jan-August people might find something that fits.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:01 pm

I am not having much luck booking this. I tried booking/kayak and opodo. They all error out on me.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

At what point do they error? My booking on opodo went through no problem.

Here is a link to some random date:-

http://hotels.opodo.co.uk/hotel/co/c...a033X1;hptv=do

It still looks bookable...maybe somebody else took the only room available on your dates before you hit the pay button? Good luck.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:41 pm

Thanks OP! Was able to book it directly on booking.com for $22 per night for late march 2015!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:05 am

Every time I tried to make a reservation via booking.com. Is said there was a problem with my email address, and I needed to contact customer services. I tried different emails, but could not make the reservation.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Booking.com got back yesterday on this one saying that the hotel had made a mistake but were willing to honour the rate in the standard room rather than the executive. Not a bad first offer in all honesty. I think I will probably try for the Superior room in order to reach Booking.coms ambition of ''middle ground'' on occasions such as this.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I received an email today from Priceline/Booking.com saying that I can't use the credit card I gave and to contact the hotel directly within 24 hours to change it. Guessing it's their sly way of getting me to call and discuss it, but don't really want to spend the bit of money to Skype them about it...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:45 am
Original Poster

I received 2 emails today, one again saying that the hotel will honour in an economy room...whatever that is?? and another one also saying my credit card details were not valid (which they are). However I had the opportunity to re enter my details online. Were you not given this opportunity?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I booked through priceline but have not heard anything yet....
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

This one gets more amusing.

So I have entered new card details. The hotel has also apparently agreed to honour the reservation per booking.com ,all be it in a basic room, and now I have just received this direct contact from the hotel in Spanish....

Estimado señor Chokdee

Cordial Saludo

Por medio de la presente informamos que nuestro sistema no puede dar por confirmada la reserva ya que por fallas técnicas reflejo una tarifa no correspondiente. Por tal motivo el sistema no permite cargar el monto para confirmar su reserva.

Le invitamos a realizar una nueva reserva para que su cupo quede confirmado.

Cualquier inquietud no dude en contactarnos

Hotel Cartagena Plaza

Which Google rather crudely translates as...

Dear Mr. Chokdee

best regard

By hereby inform you that our system can not provide for the reservation as confirmed by a non-technical failures reflect appropriate fee. Therefore the system can load the amount to confirm your booking.

We invite you to make a new booking for your quota remains confirmed.

Any concerns please contact

Hotel Cartagena Plaza

Seems to me that one part of the hotel is saying "Si !!" while the other is saying "No!!"
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I booked through Priceline and I wasn't given an opportunity to do put in my credit card info online. I also got that email in Spanish.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Well, I did receive the email now.

Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

The saga continues...the hotel are now saying my second cc has problems....so I have entered details of a third good card I have. Number 4 card is already in place in anticipation of my third refusal.

On a more serious note this is a perfect opportunity to put booking.com and their affiliate hotels to the test. Booking.com have already advised in writing on 2 occasions that the booking is to be honoured. My guess is that this hotel will now decline my third card and the next in an attempt to go back on their promise. If this is the case let us see how booking.com deals with this scenario.

Last edited by chokdee; Sep 20, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:47 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Nice to see Chokdee trawling for promos on my manor. When are you coming? I will fly up for a pizza.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Nice to see Chokdee trawling for promos on my manor. When are you coming? I will fly up for a pizza.

Well I,m not sure what's happening with this one Johnny. I have just had my 3rd credit card declined by the hotel. Now awaiting number 4 to be refused..

Have also spoken with Booking.com,Germany and just seen a missed call from them in America.

As you probably know I have passed through Cartagena on my travels some moons ago but I don't recall if I tried the pizza or not??

Is there a Bocagrande special with all the trimmings ,extra large of course, that can be sampled down there on the beach while drinking a few cold beers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.