Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi-Dec'14-May15 From £46

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Has anyone tried a BRG? Any success?
Old May 19, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Desdinova
Has anyone tried a BRG? Any success?
I was successful. Phone agent said she had lots of people calling.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
the 2 for 1 rate till end sept isn't too shabby either! something like 275 dr per night
Old May 20, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Congrats for the BRG. I waited till today and was denied the BRG since they have to take a screenshot at the time to honor the fare.
Lessons learned, with Hyatt... You snooze and you lose...
Old May 20, 2014, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Congrats for the BRG. I waited till today and was denied the BRG since they have to take a screenshot at the time to honor the fare.
Well I am certainly not going to congratulate anybody for getting a ''live'' screen shot in order to get another 20% off or whatever.

Hyatt entered the mistake rate on Booking.com themselves. All hotels on booking.com are responsible for inputing their own rates.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know exactly what will happen on a BRG claim.The first person who went for the BRG while this deal was still alive effectively killed the deal there and then and thus denied other Ft'ers getting on board.

To say that this was selfish and greedy in the extreme is an understatement.

Lesson learned when in comes to posting future Hyatt finds when advertised on 3rd party OTA's !
Old May 20, 2014, 11:43 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
The original rate might be gone but, as aussielori points out, a very comparable 2-for-1 rate is valid until September.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Please pardon the ignorance: they will only grant a BRG if they can pull up the better rate while you are talking to them? They will not accept proof of a booking at the lower rate as grounds for a BRG?
If this is the case, their motivation for BRGs is clear.
Further, I then concur with Chokdee.

$.02
Old May 20, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Desdinova
Please pardon the ignorance: they will only grant a BRG if they can pull up the better rate while you are talking to them? They will not accept proof of a booking at the lower rate as grounds for a BRG?
If this is the case, their motivation for BRGs is clear.
Further, I then concur with Chokdee.

$.02
(rant start)

Yeap the agent said she needs to pull the BRG live and do a screenshot of that website. Only then can they can honor it. She said something of having to reach out to the hotel when the see the fare.

It might have been one agent, but kind of annoying compared to Marriott, where I could send a screenshot via email and have them honor it.
I mentioned, but I booked the room on booking.com and have a confirmation email and all, nope she needed to see it live...
Annoying to say the least, since the last thing I wanted to do was kill the deal while it was live...
I mean still 100 bucks for that room is a great deal, needed it just for one night for the EY sale. But still annoying to have to deal with all these hops for what seems like a simple vanilla match, it's not even a dollar mistake rate, 60% of the exisoting rate... Argghh! (Rant off)
Old May 20, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by chokdee
Well I am certainly not going to congratulate anybody for getting a ''live'' screen shot in order to get another 20% off or whatever.

Hyatt entered the mistake rate on Booking.com themselves. All hotels on booking.com are responsible for inputing their own rates.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know exactly what will happen on a BRG claim.The first person who went for the BRG while this deal was still alive effectively killed the deal there and then and thus denied other Ft'ers getting on board.

Lesson learned when in comes to posting future Hyatt finds when advertised on 3rd party OTA's !
+1

The greed and selfishness of some people has stopped surprising me some time back.

Originally Posted by mabramovich

Last edited by whimike; May 20, 2014 at 8:44 pm
Old May 20, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

+1. No need to BRG an already great deal, I mean do you really need to save an extra $20 or $40. The suite for which I was able to make a booking was discounted from $900 to $247, is that not enough of a good deal that another 20% is needed?

It's akin to calling the airline when a MR is still up and running and it dissuades people like chokdee from posting them in the first place which is a big loss for everyone on FT
Old May 20, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
+1. No need to BRG an already great deal, I mean do you really need to save an extra $20 or $40. The suite for which I was able to make a booking was discounted from $900 to $247, is that not enough of a good deal that another 20% is needed?

It's akin to calling the airline when a MR is still up and running and it dissuades people like chokdee from posting them in the first place which is a big loss for everyone on FT
Well, I waited till after the deal was dead to call. The reason for calling was not that extra 20% but for it to count as a stay for hotel status, etc.
Again, I thank the OP for posting , just slightly annoyed at how Hyatt runs their BRG versus other chains.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Well, I waited till after the deal was dead to call. The reason for calling was not that extra 20% but for it to count as a stay for hotel status, etc.
Again, I thank the OP for posting , just slightly annoyed at how Hyatt runs their BRG versus other chains.
Same here - I could've called BRG immediately, but I waited to let people in on the deal. Now no BRG, and I was trying to use this for my Hyatt Diamond challenge plans.

Good thing I still have another reservation here, a previous BRG, which is at a similar rate to the deal but in a room and not a suite.

jfkeze, it is a trade-off - I do like the Hyatt customer service, and the fact that you can call and BRG before booking, unlike others, but it can have its limitations.
Old May 20, 2014, 3:49 pm

^^^
Old May 24, 2014, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by roastpuff

jfkeze, it is a trade-off - I do like the Hyatt customer service, and the fact that you can call and BRG before booking, unlike others, but it can have its limitations.
I find the Hyatt BRG very easy to use and love the fact that I don't have to book before calling!^
Old May 24, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I find the Hyatt BRG very easy to use and love the fact that I don't have to book before calling!^
Well, it's changed now... Maybe not for the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.