Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 * Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort ,Curacao -£60 single A/I-April 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

5 * Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort ,Curacao -£60 single A/I-April 2015

Rooms available from 23-30 April '15 in Curacao from £425 per week or £60 PN on all inclusive package. 15 % service charge not included in price however. Premier water view rooms were available at that rate but now the price seems to have jumped to £507 for the week. Other rooms still available at £425 but to get that price I had to go through Quidco, otherwise still a very respectable £455.

Not particularly cheap but still seems like somewhat of a bargain when compared to usual rates for A/I. Its fully cancellable also.

Booking.com is the vehicle so as always it will be down to the hotel whether it is honoured or not.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:52 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
A huge to the lying weasels at booking.com. Don't bother and don't give them a dime.
Old May 9, 2014, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
A huge to the lying weasels at booking.com.
+1
Old May 9, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Take note that this rate is for one person only
Old May 9, 2014, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Yes the deal is for single occupation as stipulated in the title thread.

However you may book a room for two people at just over double the price. Not that there would be much point in that however when you could book 2 rooms at a better price (approx £200 cheaper) and take your pick in regard to position or noise factors or hopefully get connecting rooms giving you that extra space.

To put the deal into perspective two rooms would cost a total of £850 per week in the last week of April'15 for 2 people when compared to early May 2014 prices of over £2,000 for one room for two.

Please also note that this deal is all inclusive and not room only and for families children stay free. So getting 2 connecting rooms,one for you and one for the kids represents excellent value for families.
Old May 9, 2014, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

This property has an interesting history. Seems like it opened in 2010 as the Hyatt Regency Curacao Resort but the owners booted out Hyatt at the end of 2012 because of ''missed projections'' regarding income amongst other things.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...183653741.html

Funny old world...I just returned last month from a wonderful stay at the relatively new owners of the Martinez Hotel in Cannes now renamed the Grand Hyatt Martinez, my deluxe seaview with bf room was honoured for a song including an unexpected complementary bottle of fine French bubbly.Thank you Hyatt!^

Let us see if the ''new'' owners of this hotel will honour a rate that costs somewhat more than a ''song''
Old May 9, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I stayed there twice when it was a hyatt... it was very nice but a bit remote. I would go back again but less likely to since it's no longer a hyatt (the diamond benefits have me spoiled).

Last edited by Renard; May 9, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Old May 9, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Renard
I stayed there twice when it was a hyatt... it was very nice but a bit remote. I would go back again but less likely to since it's no longer a hyatt (the diamond benefits have me spoiled).
But this is a Diamond deal Renard
Old May 12, 2014, 7:34 pm

If this deal is honored, it could be very sweet... if this property/management kept their standards up (haven't seen any current reviews).
We stayed here first year as Hyatt and then the following year a week after the booting... they honored our ressie (including Diamond suite upgrade). Had diamond benefits... this was over Xmas... upgraded to 2 bed spa suite (granted we had contact w/old management.
At that time there were a lot of glitches. Especially with the dining (running out of food at buffet at breakfast comes to mind) and a change in CS morale... all things to take into consideration when investing your $$.
Enjoy
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Just popped back to look at the dates for this deal on booking.com.

My £420 premier SV A/I room single occupation is no longer available.
It's pricing at around £1,400 for two people however with no options for single occupation.

So the rate has been corrected(maybe some time ago??) and no word from booking.com. Lets hope this one is ready to go.

FYI anyone else who booked this single rate it would appear that the resort has changed the terms and conditions just for us.

They now read :-

Children and extra beds

Free! Up to three children under 18 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.

Free! All further older children or adults stay free of charge when using existing beds.

Free! One child under 2 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.

The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.

So there you have it ...bring as many friends as you like as long as they fit in the beds ...not sure they would all get in on the all inclusive though ! ....but I think up to 2 people in a room might be ok...

Looks like my belief in Santa has finally paid off, the deal looks good to date and he's even got the hotel to allow extra adults. That of course doesn't surprise me, but to think he's been living the beach life way down there in Curacao at the Barbara Beach Resort when all these years I thought he was in the deepest darkest reaches of Norway...well I'll be ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.