Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRG comparison aggregator site?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

BRG comparison aggregator site?

Been using kayak, but it doesn't always list the official hotel site rate.

Any other aggregator that always lists the official hotel site rate?

Also do we have a list of BRGs that offer a free night. directly rather than vouchers, like Choice Hotels? (Have several 1 night stays coming up in AUS)

TIA

Last edited by vickh; Apr 7, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by vickh
Been using kayak, but it doesn't always list the official hotel site rate.

Any other aggregator that always lists the official hotel site rate?

Also do we have a list of BRGs that offer a free night. directly rather than vouchers, like Choice Hotels? (Have several 1 night stays coming up in AUS)

TIA
IHG is the only other one that offers 1st night free as far as I know. None of the aggregators are 100% correct
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skibum7732
. None of the aggregators are 100% correct
Thx!
I agree, that why I posted here.

Although do any of them consistently query the corp. hotel sites (even with wrong rates). I like the click thru feature to verify.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:31 pm

There are things we talk about and things we don't....
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by llbad
feel free to PM
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by vickh
feel free to PM
Feel free to PM me too.

Kayak is the most reliable aggregator I know of related to showing the actual hotel / having a click through.

I often use another site relatively well known to those doing BRG's that "Combines Hotels", It shows the total price, and doesn't show the hotels site itself, but it does tend to show some sites that I've never seen rates that differ from the hotel price. For Choice, I go ahead and open a search directly on their site so I can see what hotels I have to choose from and get an idea of what prices I'm trying to beat. I usually don't bother with IHG, but I keep meaning to give it a try sometime I'm within 7 days of my trip.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:43 pm

Tips?

Just curious. Anyone like to leave a tip (Or better one) when staying at a free or nearly free room?

I'm usually between a minimal - fair tipper, but I always try to leave a good impression when getting something free or using a coupon.
I doubt the cleaning staff have any idea what you paid for your room 99.9% of the time, but it's still nice to do.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by startbyservingothers
Feel free to PM me too.

Kayak is the most reliable aggregator I know of related to showing the actual hotel / having a click through.

I often use another site relatively well known to those doing BRG's that "Combines Hotels", It shows the total price, and doesn't show the hotels site itself, but it does tend to show some sites that I've never seen rates that differ from the hotel price. For Choice, I go ahead and open a search directly on their site so I can see what hotels I have to choose from and get an idea of what prices I'm trying to beat. I usually don't bother with IHG, but I keep meaning to give it a try sometime I'm within 7 days of my trip.
I tend to use hotelscombined. But wouldn't mind getting a PM with good tips
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
wego.com
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by llbad
I would be very thankful for a PM too.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:31 am

PM would be appreciated too ..

PM conga?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by bruno-s
I use reserve travel.net. I would also like a PM with good tips. Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by bruno-s
Originally Posted by startbyservingothers
Feel free to PM me too.

Maybe its the properties I'm looking at, but I haven't seen much luck with that site.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: spg
I'd love a pm if anyone is willing. Thx
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
PM me please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.