Best Western Bogo (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Bogo (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I called them and for some reason, they couldn't give me the voucher instead she asked me which hotel I want to stay
I told her the one in Hawaii and she credited me 32k points. If I knew earlier, I should have told her the most expensive Best Western
Oh well, greediness is not good
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Yesterday I got a call from corporate Best Western and I missed it but thy left a voicemail saying they needed to speak with me. I called back and gave them my rewards # and they immediately was told thank you for doing the status match as you are now Diamond Elite. She then said I need to put you on hold and a minute later came back on saying the promotion I signed up for (found on flyertalk)was sent to me via mistake and that I am not able to redeem my free night voucher (I had just stayed in a BW on my way back to S.Dakota from a roadtrip out to Cape Cod). She said that a manager had spotted it and that is who called me. Nonetheless, when she told me that I was quite dismayed and told her thank you and to have a nice day.

I am debating whether or not to call BW and raise the issue with this as I think in the end if I press this issue they may (or my not) grant me the promotion even though I have only one stay with them.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by duc1986d
I called them and for some reason, they couldn't give me the voucher instead she asked me which hotel I want to stay
I told her the one in Hawaii and she credited me 32k points. If I knew earlier, I should have told her the most expensive Best Western
Oh well, greediness is not good
Thanks for info. I need to call when they open....... :-:
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wow, very divergent outcomes! 32,000 points or a rock? Hmmmm.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:36 pm

This promotion is going quite badly.....

I called when I registered ( I did get the BOGO email) to make sure I was registered and for specifically this promotion - it was confirmed. Did my stay, called a couple times to inquire about the voucher... this morning I spoke with CS and explained still no voucher, he was going to call me back when the rewards department was open. Phone shut off as I was in a meeting, message was left from CS agent that I wasn't getting a voucher since I was not eligible for the promo.....

hmm.

I call back, inform other CS agent of issue, she says I am eligible for promo and should get voucher, on hold for a couple of minutes, I would be getting my voucher in about 10 minutes. She confirmed my email. That was 3 hours ago.

Very unimpressive, I shouldn't have to pry the voucher out of their system with an unending series of phone calls....

....after calling back I received the voucher, it does say it's from the Stay 3 promo....weirdness. CS was nice and not their fault, just prefer automatic awards rather than all this calling.

Last edited by redreeper; Mar 21, 2013 at 6:54 am Reason: end result
Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:52 am

I called yesterday....rep put me on hold for a while...then came back and said she could see where I was registered for the promo and she didnt know why the cert hadn't been ordered and neither did any of her colleagues. She said she was going to order it now and it should be in my email by Friday.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redreeper
This promotion is going quite badly.....

I called when I registered ( I did get the BOGO email) to make sure I was registered and for specifically this promotion - it was confirmed. Did my stay, called a couple times to inquire about the voucher... this morning I spoke with CS and explained still no voucher, he was going to call me back when the rewards department was open. Phone shut off as I was in a meeting, message was left from CS agent that I wasn't getting a voucher since I was not eligible for the promo.....

hmm.

I call back, inform other CS agent of issue, she says I am eligible for promo and should get voucher, on hold for a couple of minutes, I would be getting my voucher in about 10 minutes. She confirmed my email. That was 3 hours ago.

Very unimpressive, I shouldn't have to pry the voucher out of their system with an unending series of phone calls....

....after calling back I received the voucher, it does say it's from the Stay 3 promo....weirdness. CS was nice and not their fault, just prefer automatic awards rather than all this calling.
I assume they emailed it to you?

I called last week. Spoke to a nice agent. Said I was registered and completed my stay. Promised to look into it and would have an update to me today. I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

I don't mind all the calling so long as it pays off. If they made this too easy, everybody would be doing it.....
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
I assume they emailed it to you?

I called last week. Spoke to a nice agent. Said I was registered and completed my stay. Promised to look into it and would have an update to me today. I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

I don't mind all the calling so long as it pays off. If they made this too easy, everybody would be doing it.....
Yes -I finally got it. You have to jiggle the handle a bit but it was a decent promo.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
Yes -I finally got it. You have to jiggle the handle a bit but it was a decent promo.
And I got mine. A bit of a hassle, but not unexpected.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I recall that I had got and email for this, but couldn't find it. Two weeks ago, I called the BWR and the agent said that she could see nothing regard the promo for my account. Then last Sunday I get this email:

Dear rad456,
Member ID: 1234566767

Rad456, time is running out for you to get a FREE NIGHT faster than ever!

You were specially selected to receive our best offer ever, so don't miss out! Remember, just one stay before April 14, 2013 earns you a FREE NIGHT voucher, so hurry and book that stay today!

Thanks for being a member of Best Western Rewards® and we look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels again very soon.

I booked and completed a stay this week.

Hope to get it for an upcoming vacation to NYC.

So when would I expect confirmation that I had my qualifying night? I'm a bit unclear, do I wait for a voucher in the mail, or eamail with a code, or a bunch of points credited?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rad456

So when would I expect confirmation that I had my qualifying night? I'm a bit unclear, do I wait for a voucher in the mail, or eamail with a code, or a bunch of points credited?

Thanks in advance
In my experience, this year and last, it is an email. Whether it comes automatically, or if you need to wrangle with BWR a few times to get it is the open question. My experience, and others, is the latter. Good luck.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:52 am

I recall that I had got and email for this, but couldn't find it. Two weeks ago, I called the BWR and the agent said that she could see nothing regard the promo for my account. Then last Sunday I get this email:

Dear rad456,
Member ID: 1234566767

Rad456, time is running out for you to get a FREE NIGHT faster than ever!

You were specially selected to receive our best offer ever, so don't miss out! Remember, just one stay before April 14, 2013 earns you a FREE NIGHT voucher, so hurry and book that stay today!

Thanks for being a member of Best Western Rewards® and we look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels again very soon.

I booked and completed a stay this week.

Hope to get it for an upcoming vacation to NYC.

Thanks in advance
Save that email. 3 weeks after your stay is posted to your account you should have an email voucher. Do not wait if you don't get it, call them and have them process it, it's a short date on the use of it. I got a voucher for the 3 night promo even though I did the one night - it's wacky. It was attached to an email from their CS department.

Dear ,
Member ID: ##
Congratulations and thank you for participating in the Best Western Rewards® 2013 Spring Promotion! Because you completed the required three qualifying stays during the promotion, we're happy to present you with this free night voucher, good at Best Western® branded hotels in the US, Canada or the Caribbean through June 30, 2013.

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Please contact our reservation team at 1-800-567-4009 to make your reservation and clearly state that you are using a free night voucher as payment. Then, simply print this email and present it upon arrival at the hotel.

Valid for one (1) free night at a Best Western
hotel in the US, Canada, or the Caribbean

Date Issued: #2/18/2013
Voucher # Valid Through: 6/30/13
Sequence #:

Please read terms & conditions of FREE NIGHT VOUCHER here.

Hotel Instructions:
All vouchers MUST be redeemed in Member Web for hotel reimbursement within 24 hours.
Go to Member Web, Click on Frequent Guest, Use the Redemption tab.
See the Front Desk Resource Guide for specific instructions.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Member

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Thanks for the replies.

My account was set to airline miles, but just changed it. Hopefully that will not be an issue. My stay was April 9.

Do I need to have my account set to recieve Best Western Rewards points, or can it be set to airline miles?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:05 am

Thanks for the replies.

My account was set to airline miles, but just changed it. Hopefully that will not be an issue. My stay was April 9.

Do I need to have my account set to recieve Best Western Rewards points, or can it be set to airline miles?
April 9 is too soon. You likely will be told to wait.

And yes, our vouchers (wife and me) say stay 3, but we only did 1. Makes me think the promo department bungled the BOGO and didn't really mean to offer it at all.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:09 am

Just booked my two free nights (wife + me) for Moab, UT over Memorial Day. Greenwell Inn is going for 300++ per night. Given I would never pay $300/ night for a BW (or any other hotel for that matter!), does this make it an aspirational redemption?

So, anybody found a higher value BW redemption for these free nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.