Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$40 Off $75 Expedia Hotel Stay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Originally Posted by iggyray
I am not getting it. Is this website showing only expensive hotels, and inflates the price as opposed to other expedia affilate hotels.com? www.thehotelcard.com seems to be way too expensive, I see no reason one would want this $40 off those prices, when you can find better rates elsewhere with no commitment... Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
I just checked Bangkok hotels. Prices are similar or lower than Hotelclub, where I usually book my hotels (but Hotelclub gives money back for each booking...)

However you are right, cheap hotels are not listed.

Edit: I canceled my order for 3 vouchers because they are not offering the kind of hotels that I like and hotels around 75-100$ in BKK are not well located. I know good hotels at that price that I would love to book but they are just not listed...

Last edited by thyeri; Mar 31, 2011 at 8:23 am
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by iggyray
I am not getting it. Is this website showing only expensive hotels, and inflates the price as opposed to other expedia affilate hotels.com? www.thehotelcard.com seems to be way too expensive, I see no reason one would want this $40 off those prices, when you can find better rates elsewhere with no commitment... Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
No - you are not missing a thing.
I skipped this deal because of exactly what you posted.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:13 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by redreeper
No - you are not missing a thing.
I skipped this deal because of exactly what you posted.
+1 ^
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:36 am

Hi everyone...this is my first post but let me say thanks to everyone who posts great deals and advice on FT, it really is SO great to save some $$ where we can.

I just checked rates on a couple of hotels in CA that I'm considering staying at and the rates are the same as all the other websites I've checked out. So this deal is, therefore, a good one for me Saves me $40 over two nights what more could I ask? The only catch is the reservations are NR and so is the card if I apply it and then don't use it. So I guess you need to make sure you're going to keep your reservation or it's $35 lost.

Still debating whether or not to buy though
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by channa
Q: Is there a minimum night stay?

A: Cards with denominations under $75 can require a two night stay, and most cards $75 and higher require a minimum two night stay. To see your specific minimum nights, click on the My Account link, and enter in your email, login, and card number.
The FAQ have changed. It now says:

A: Some cards $75 or higher may require a two night stay unless otherwise stipulated on your offer. To see your specific minimum nights, click on the My Account link, and enter in your email, login, and card number.
It's the "unless otherwise stipulated on your offer" part that interests me. On the opening offer page (the page with the timer), it now says under the Details section "Cards are redeemable for stays of 1 night or more". This line was not on the page yesterday (I have a screenshot of the page from yesterday). I suspect these changes are meant to clarify that this $75 card can be applied to even stays of one night.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:45 am

Way to check hotel-specific restrictions?

I might be able to use this offer, but I can't seem to find a way to check whether a specific hotel has a 1 or 2 night restriction. Has anyone found a way to look that up without buying the voucher first?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by malaboo19
Hi everyone...this is my first post but let me say thanks to everyone who posts great deals and advice on FT, it really is SO great to save some $$ where we can.

I just checked rates on a couple of hotels in CA that I'm considering staying at and the rates are the same as all the other websites I've checked out. So this deal is, therefore, a good one for me Saves me $40 over two nights what more could I ask? The only catch is the reservations are NR and so is the card if I apply it and then don't use it. So I guess you need to make sure you're going to keep your reservation or it's $35 lost.

Still debating whether or not to buy though
If you are booking an expensive hotel for two nights, it might make sense just do it over expedia or hotels.com and apply their 10% code.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Anyone receive their coupon in email yet?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by kendenton
Anyone receive their coupon in email yet?
No one will be receiving their coupon until after the sale ends. I made a purchase for one cert over 24 hours ago. All I've received so far is an email confirming my purchase and stating "After the sale ends you will receive a certificate that you can use to redeem your offer." In addition the webpage shows the announcement that "Your purchase of this deal is pending until the sale ends. After the sale ends you will receive a certificate that you can use to redeem your offer."
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by thyeri
However you are right, cheap hotels are not listed.
I can't find any hotels for under $75 a night in the various locations and dates I searched. It's as if a magic line were drawn at $75 and anything under that line is left off the search results...
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
I can't find any hotels for under $75 a night in the various locations and dates I searched. It's as if a magic line were drawn at $75 and anything under that line is left off the search results...
Exactly
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:10 am

My coupon has arrived. There is no minimum night stay restriction. In addition, I see the FAQs have once again been updated:

A: Some cards $75 or higher may require a two night stay unless otherwise stipulated on your offer. To see your specific minimum nights, click on the My Account link, and enter in your email, login, and card number. Note: The CBS offer has no minimum night stay requirements.[bolding theirs]
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
My coupon has arrived. There is no minimum night stay restriction. In addition, I see the FAQs have once again been updated:
So good but I haven't bought one, haha!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:25 am

got mine too and glad i got in with 10 as my last 10 vouchers for escapio bought through groupon were used up already... should've probably gotten 20 now that it is confirmed that they are valid for one night bookings as they enable for great stays in seoul at heavily discounted rates.

oh, and someone above mentioned that these rates would not earn you points - they do as long as you make sure your rates match those offered by the hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:38 am

found a way to book all properties that you can view at the same rate on hotels.com:

- open thehotelcard.com
- at the very bottom of thehotelcard.com click 'review/cancel reservation'
- on the next page, click 'Book Your Trip'
- the next page opening up will offer a search form, the result will display the same availability as on hotels.com, coupon redemption works as described here: http://www.thehotelcard.com/promocode.php

knowing this beforehand, i would have bought 30 or 50...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.