Community
Wiki Posts
Search

18 Hours in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
A little less on the beaten path is Macau.... And you get a stamp in the passport.
No stamp in the passport if the OP is a UK passport holder (same as for HK - no stamps in either of the S.A.R.s)
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by bibbju
No stamp in the passport if the OP is a UK passport holder (same as for HK - no stamps in either of the S.A.R.s)
It was a print out stapled in to mine coming in to HK, (both plane and hydrofoil), but nothing in Macau.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold,
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
You can leave baggage for the day and freshen up before leaving at The Arrival, although I'm not 100% up to speed on entry criteria, presuming Cathay (maybe OW?) arrival in F/J or OWE. Personally I go for a jog all around Kowloon and TST if I'm on a long transit, but would also echo the fact that Macau is lovely and if you have enough time it's definately worth a visit!
Rightly or wrongly we were denied entry at the Arrival last week having presented boarding passes from the BA31 in first. Lounge agent said it was only for Cathay arrivals. Hey ho.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Hong Kong zoological and botanical gardens are my favourite, along with their giant birdcage and at the edge the brilliant Tea Museum.
Our last visit was an 18 hour one like yours. If you do want to go up the peak, then buy your "oyster " card when you buy your train ticket in to Central . The get bus no 15. As someone else has said. Be there first!
The Macdonalds on the peak has a separate servers for barista style coffee. Grab one and go outside with it. (They also do good barista coffee at the arches in Central).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This thread has been moved to the Hong Kong and Macau forum for further input.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
The Hong Kong forum answers this multiple times a month. Have a duke there.

A drink in Aqua and then O-Zone will give you a perspective of the island. As always a slash in felix is spectacular.

A tour of Hong along is interesting. The stories around graveyards are fantastic!

There also used to be a pitch and putt course by the airport though I haven't been in years.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Stuckdowntheback
Rightly or wrongly we were denied entry at the Arrival last week having presented boarding passes from the BA31 in first. Lounge agent said it was only for Cathay arrivals. Hey ho.
The agent was correct, only for Cathay (and Dragonair) arrivals.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:00 am

To follow on from Corporate Wage Slave's suggestion re Cheung Chau, Lantau offers some similar villages and is the island on which the airport sits, so it's possible to get the bus to Mui Wo (on Lantau) and then a ferry into Central, or if you really want to explore the islands (which are nice), bus to Mui Wo, ferry to Cheung Chau, then ferry to Central.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.