Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HX flight tomoro doesn't exist?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

HX flight tomoro doesn't exist?

Hi I'm booked on a flight from Hkg to Hanoi tomoro 30/10 and it now doesn't exist.
I've called the OTA but worried what will happen. Don't want to be stuck here.

Anyone any experience of this type of thing. First time here in Hkg.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Call them and see what's going on.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

I have as I said, and waiting on callback. Noticed my return on Monday doesn't exist either. Was just curious if I'll be told 'sorry here's your money back' if so I'm gonna be very peed off.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You still haven't talked to a live person?

But I see your problem. Trying to book tomorrow's flight, it says "sold out". Flight status show 10/28, 10/29, then 11/1, as if there are only 29 days in October. Hong Kong Airport's departure status show other HX flights for 10/30 and 10/31 but not HX528 for HAN.

Anyways, I always tell anyone who plan to book HX or UO don't get fooled by the "Hong Kong" in its name. Think "Hainan" instead.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Ask to be put on Dragon Air or Cathay Pacific when they call back if they have cancelled the flight....
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Absolute BS. Airline have just reschedule both flights to one day later which is no good.
OTA are unable to use a telephone to call them yet they've emailed a 'higher authority' which they wouldn't confirm what that actually meant. I.e. Nothing.

Decided to pay for another flight with Vietnam air as they wont change their offer as there's no flight on that day and they don't seem to care. Absolute scumbags Hong Kong Air
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Does anyone know the load on this particular flight? I have a feeling that it has been cancelled due to low loads...
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Despite their assertions to the contrary, it seems by all reports that HK Airlines and HK Express continue to function as LCCs. Caveat Emptor. Personally (having been burnt a couple of times in the past when HKExpress claimed to fly to Clark, but often didn't) I would always pay the premium to go on a proper airline.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christep
Despite their assertions to the contrary, it seems by all reports that HK Airlines and HK Express continue to function as LCCs. Caveat Emptor. Personally (having been burnt a couple of times in the past when HKExpress claimed to fly to Clark, but often didn't) I would always pay the premium to go on a proper airline.
It's not that functioning as a LCC is a problem. It's that their operation mentality is just like mainland carriers, and because they are.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
OP did you at least get a full refund?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
OP did you at least get a full refund?

Full as in around 5% less than i paid assume for change in fx rates.

They just sent me a csat survey asking me to "Shout about your travel experience with Expedia"..... oh this should be fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.