Wiki Posts
Search

95min connection to HK Express doable?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
95min connection to HK Express doable?

...have never flown on HK Express, so booked their 1130am departure HKG-RMQ (Taichung). The flight will be on a weekday in September.

Now, I would need UA segments and could book the morning flight SIN-HKG, but it arrives at 0955am, so clearly there is a bit of a risk of a missed connection there.

I will most likely book SQ / CX evening flight and stay at a hotel near HKG, but was just wondering how the connection would work from UA to HK Express.

1. How much risk would I have with this 95min "connection"?
2. Could I possibly stay airside? (transfer desk available for HK Express? I'm sure a document check would be required in any case)

FWIW, I paid for priority check-in as it was only a few Sing dollars. Money well spent or no?

Many thanks ^
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
They often overbook/offload people and is so notorious for that that people head out to the airport 3-4 hours just to avoid that happening......YMMV
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:52 pm

HK Express is point to point, so you would have to clear HK Immigration and check in again.

According to their website it seems they don't offer online checkin, so you would have to clear immigration and then make your way over to T2.

I've flown with them a few times, but have not heard of them offloading people "often".
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:30 pm

Their website now has a web check-in feature.

Have never been offloaded in all my flights with them (CGO, NGO, NRT, PEN, etc.).
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Really depends if you have bags

If you do - trying to clear immigration, collect bags and run to T2 to check them again in the 35 mins before check-in close (which is 60 mins before departure) - very thin.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Thank you for your comments - still haven't booked SIN-HKG, but I would tend to agree that the margin for error is too thin.

Will probably be better off collecting those UA segments later in the year in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.